What Happened to Flame Notes In Rockband Blitz?????

Comments

  • MaximusDMMaximusDM Opening Act
    edited December 2012
    MasterMo;4951719 said:
    So, I guess I probably have to take a large part of the blame for this, huh?
    No. If anyone to blame is Harmonix's coders/testers for not picking up how to score by their own set of rules.
    MasterMo;4951719 said:
    Something needed to be changed, sure, but that change should have come as buffs to other powerups and blitz mode.
    Bingo.
    As far as I'm concerned, they can buff until the cows come home. They can double point values every year to have people coming back to replay stuff if they so chose. Either way, leaderboardboards scores would always be obtainable by anyone.
    MasterMo;4951719 said:
    ...new top scores are still going to be ones that can utilize that strategy to accumulate extra overdrive and hit extra notes.
    Correct.
    Juggling lanes is an important part of Blitz no matter WHAT loadout you use. By playing 2 lanes, you are going to potentially get double the amount of points you normally would. I guess Harmonix thought this was the easy fix?
    cowboys282;4951721 said:
    The Bandmate/Flame affected so few songs. I just don't understand the logic in this decision.
    That's grossly inaccurate. As I've grown better at juggling lanes I've pushed into mid-tier songs and beyond and held solid flame note juggles. Its really only faster more note-dense songs or songs with very little of a particular instrument that couldn't be used with bandmate/flame.
    Mircosoft93;4951746 said:

    I used jack/flame all the time it's just a matter of getting used to new power-up combos
    Well you won't anymore, no one will. Jack/Blast seems to be the far better option now. With Blast notes apparently getting a buff. And flame notes + jackpot was the ultimate risk reward. After this. There is absolutely no reward for your risk. In fact, your extreme risk and flame luck might not even break you even with jackpot/blast.
    Mircosoft93;4951746 said:
    I mean, wouldn't it be ideal if there are lots of power-up combos to choose for getting high scores, that's the reason why HMX put that many power-ups in the game in the first place I guess.
    There kind of are. I'm not sure how well button mashing flame chains gets you in faster more note dense songs for the most part, it can't be done legitly without flailing. And that's when I turn to different loadouts. Or as I mentioned, many 5 lane songs. Or songs with very spaced out instrument notation.
    Mircosoft93;4951746 said:
    On a side note I find it funny how MasterMo is the guy moaning the most
    wat

    He is equally concerned with illegit bandmate/flame abuse. But he and I agree, this was not the proper solution.
    MasterMo;4951756 said:
    If HMX decides/has decided they don't like the way I play their game and want to ensure I can't do that any longer, then so be it. I'll find another game to spend my time and money on.
    I'm right there with you man. And its not to punish Harmonix. Its not to boycott them for this decision. Its a matter of not being able to compete on leaderboards anymore using my chosen playstyle. I too no longer have interest in Blitz anymore. Perhaps I will be spending more time on RB3 as I have been neglecting it since Blitz. However XMB gets old REAL quick. My patience had really run its course with it and Blitz was certainly a breath of fresh air, minus many, many, Rock Central shenanigans not accepting my score after a 2112 run to name one.
    cowboys282;4951758 said:
    But I can assure you everyone of my scores I beat using Jack/Flames over Jack/Blast and I am sure you have as well. And although Jack/Blast does take skill Jack/Flame is always more challenging.
    Isn't that kind of the point? More challenge/skill based loadouts should reward in higher scores. Jackpot/Flame is now worthless. If you don't believe it then try it for yourself. 9/10, you are better off using jackpot/blast. All the skill/reflex/lane juggling you've learned to become accustom to now goes unrewarded. As your playstyle has now become worthless in the eyes of the leaderboard.
    You can argue that bandmate/flamenotes don't take any skill. Perhaps they don't when you button spam. But EVERYONE can agree on that. This was not the solution to that problem.
    cowboys282;4951758 said:
    And yes the little I hear of MasterMo he seems to be very high on himself.
    wat
    Mircosoft93;4951774 said:
    I agree that it requires more skill and mostly results in a better score than jack/blast but it was OP. band/flame was OP too and nerfing flame notes was maybe not the best solution but a very efficient one. The only issue I have is with not reseting the leaderboards. And I understand why ppl don't like that, I spent hundreds of hours in Blitz too but in the long term it's the best they can do
    It was overpowered. Nerfing ANYTHING is never the solution in the case of this game. Its score/leaderboard based. There are buffs to be had, penalties that could of been played for abuse. They went for an easy fix, and it broke the leaderboards.
    For them to wipe leaderboards is crazy.
    Crazy. They didn't wipe drum leaderboards when people found out about those notes underneath the drum fills. I don't expect them to wipe leaderboards. They will stay that way until it is rebuffed, if ever. With hundreds if not thousands of unobtainable scores.
  • cowboys282cowboys282 Unsigned
    edited December 2012
    MaximusDM;4951810 said:
    That's grossly inaccurate. As I've grown better at juggling lanes I've pushed into mid-tier songs and beyond and held solid flame note juggles. Its really only faster more note-dense songs or songs with very little of a particular instrument that couldn't be used with bandmate/flame

    As to your first point I would disagree that it is " Grossly Inaccurate" that Bandmate/Flame only affects a few songs. There are only two songs that I play that I get better scores with using Band/Flame. They only have 3 lanes. The songs are:

    Green Day - Good Riddance
    Pearl Jam - Just Breathe

    And before you say "I have plenty of songs that I do better with Band/Flame" that might be true. You might have plenty that you do better then yourself in. But not better than me. If I played a song you will see me in the top 10 sometimes top 20. If you have a song which you play best with Band/Flame and are ahead of me in it I would love to hear about it. Every other song Ive played I used Jack/Flame to get the score.
    MaximusDM;4951810 said:
    Isn't that kind of the point? More challenge/skill based loadouts should reward in higher scores. Jackpot/Flame is now worthless. If you don't believe it then try it for yourself. 9/10, you are better off using jackpot/blast. All the skill/reflex/lane juggling you've learned to become accustom to now goes unrewarded. As your playstyle has now become worthless in the eyes of the leaderboard.
    You can argue that bandmate/flamenotes don't take any skill. Perhaps they don't when you button spam. But EVERYONE can agree on that. This was not the solution to that problem.
    And you are correct with this one. Jack/Blast is the lesser skilled combo. Comparing Jack/Blast to Jack/Flames is like comparing 2X Points to Jackpot.

    My only problem with Flame notes are that they are to random. There was little consistency to them which affect the score of a song each time you play it. you could perfect a song but if you did not have enough Flame notes spawn it would prevent you from getting a high score.

    I have tried every combo in the game. The most skilled combo is Jackpot/Flame. Those who complained were never good enough at the game to get a good score with it. Isn't the point of a game to be challenging?
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited December 2012
    The band-aid solution. My old nemesis.
    SirDavidTLynch;4951669 said:
    It was somebody with just one post saying "lol loser posting this is pointless because HMX aren't going to do anything" or something like that. When the trolling is that obvious, it's best to just report it and move on.

    I tried it and it didn't work. Then when I tried vigilante justice, that didn't work either. So I'm out of ideas.
  • zage1337zage1337 Rising Star
    edited December 2012
    cowboys282;4951831 said:
    As to your first point I would disagree that it is " Grossly Inaccurate" that Bandmate/Flame only affects a few songs. There are only two songs that I play that I get better scores with using Band/Flame. They only have 3 lanes. The songs are:

    Green Day - Good Riddance
    Pearl Jam - Just Breathe

    And before you say "I have plenty of songs that I do better with Band/Flame" that might be true. You might have plenty that you do better then yourself in. But not better than me. If I played a song you will see me in the top 10 sometimes top 20. If you have a song which you play best with Band/Flame and are ahead of me in it I would love to hear about it. Every other song Ive played I used Jack/Flame to get the score.

    We all thought and agreed that jack/flame was the best combo but it was certainly not the case. You could get over a million on These Days with bandmate flame for example, and easily get over 750k

    The scores you could get were astronomical with band/flame and that was likely the reason why HMX even nerfed flame notes. I doubt it was from just jack/flame.

    There are even combos that outclass jack/flame and still do without the use of flames notes. I did not use flame notes on my 773k on BYOB nor on my 871k run on Guns of Summer.
  • cowboys282cowboys282 Unsigned
    edited December 2012
    zage1337;4951846 said:
    We all thought and agreed that jack/flame was the best combo but it was certainly not the case. You could get over a million on These Days with bandmate flame for example, and easily get over 750k

    Odd cause I am ahead of him a bunch. This may be true with a couple of songs that he does have a really high score on but I know a good run of flames on a Jackpot can get you an extremely high score.

    I would say i would experiment with this but I can't because Flames have sadly been nerfed. And FYI those few songs that have one guy with a really high score only have the one guy. If this was something so cheap and easy than everyone who have the high score. It obviously is not easy. And I am ahead of most who tried using Bandmate/Flame by using Jackpot/Flame.
  • cowboys282cowboys282 Unsigned
    edited December 2012
    zage1337;4951846 said:
    We all thought and agreed that jack/flame was the best combo but it was certainly not the case. You could get over a million on These Days with bandmate flame for example, and easily get over 750k

    The scores you could get were astronomical with band/flame and that was likely the reason why HMX even nerfed flame notes. I doubt it was from just jack/flame.

    There are even combos that outclass jack/flame and still do without the use of flames notes. I did not use flame notes on my 773k on BYOB nor on my 871k run on Guns of Summer.
    What you are saying makes sense. But what i was referring to was the majority. The majority of the songs use the Jackpot/Flame combo.

    I can see your point with These Days. With Jackpot/Flame I am 20th on Xbox with 525k. That Mo fella is #1 with 1.151 million. For sure he used the Bandmate/Flame combo. I only wish I could try it right now but can't because of the Nerf. I never really played that song a lot though. If I did I am sure I could get to 4th using Jackpot/Flame which is 653k. Thats only 125k more than what I have. The top 3 have really high scores I could not beat using Jackpot/Flame.

    But that means I still would beat many who were using Bandmate/Flame. My whole point is that all of this takes skill. The only songs that do not take skill are the songs with 3 tracks. If it has 4 I can compete with most using Jackpot/Flame. It all comes down to skill. They never had to nerf Flames. This wasn't a cheat. It all took skill.

    Its not MasterMo's fault he is really good using Bandmate/Flame. It is no reason to Nerf the combo.
  • MaximusDMMaximusDM Opening Act
    edited December 2012
    And that's cool, man I can dig it. If you can match my scores using jackpot/flame and I use bandmate/flame then obviously something is right in terms of balance because it means you can tackle a leaderboard in more than one way albeit both using flame notes.

    I unofficially lost the recent scorehero league. I had a solid run with jackpot/flame and I lost out to roadrage/pinball/sync. I'm sure he was equally thrilled with his run if not more so. And that's cool too. Its working as intended.

    If you think that one load out isn't going to be universally better on a certain type of song at a certain speed, with a certain amount of check points, at a certain length, which a certain note density/consistency. Then I hate to say it, but you living in a dream world.

    Get Capcom and Arc System Works in here to make 5 re-iterations of the game. Because you know what, often the only thing they patch are infinite combos. They probably work a lot harder on balance, but once its in the wild, its out there.
    If they want to rebalance, they make a new retail game and add on Turbo/Hyper/Super/EX/Ultimate.
    And then there is a home to be had for whatever game you want to play.
  • cowboys282cowboys282 Unsigned
    edited December 2012
    MaximusDM;4951883 said:
    And that's cool, man I can dig it. If you can match my scores using jackpot/flame and I use bandmate/flame then obviously something is right in terms of balance because it means you can tackle a leaderboard in more than one way albeit both using flame notes.

    I unofficially lost the recent scorehero league. I had a solid run with jackpot/flame and I lost out to roadrage/pinball/sync. I'm sure he was equally thrilled with his run if not more so. And that's cool too. Its working as intended.

    If you think that one load out isn't going to be universally better on a certain type of song at a certain speed, with a certain amount of check points, at a certain length, which a certain note density/consistency. Then I hate to say it, but you living in a dream world.

    Get Capcom and Arc System Works in here to make 5 re-iterations of the game. Because you know what, often the only thing they patch are infinite combos. They probably work a lot harder on balance, but once its in the wild, its out there.
    If they want to rebalance, they make a new retail game and add on Turbo/Hyper/Super/EX/Ultimate.
    And then there is a home to be had for whatever game you want to play.

    Great way to sum it up Maximus. I know I at least learned some stuff coming on here today.

    What i learned was this game had more balance than I knew. Plenty of songs have leaderboards filled with people using different combos. Isn't that what the game intended?

    And no matter what the combo skill was need to succeed with it. Overall it was a huge mistake to nerf the flames and I still cannot believe a group of developers so intelligent to make a game like this would make such a drastic illogical decision and not even announce it.

    Let's hope the developers have also learned something and put back this change and save a game no one will play anymore. At the end of the day I think we can all agree with that.
  • zage1337zage1337 Rising Star
    edited December 2012
    With the exception of a few crazy band/flame scores, most of the top scores can be beaten to a wide variety of combos. Not so long ago I got 1st place on Message in the Bottle on PSN with Bottle Rocket as my overdrive powerup..and the score below me was jackpot/flame by a very good jack/flame player.

    I like it when unconventional powerup combos can prove to be very effective on certain kinds of songs and allows variety and depth with the game. Bandmate/Flame was really overpowered and that could have been nerfed. I'd think reducing the bandmate time would have been a lot better than weakning the flame notes.

    Overall I will be fine with the new changes HMX made if they just reset the leaderboards. Yes it would suck for me to lose all my scores(many which are 1st place) of the 100s of hours I logged into this game, but I'd rather compete against scores that are obtainable under the current rules. Right now I can't beat half of my own scores or get anywhere close right now after the change.

    It would be better if they just revert the flame note nerf and make it worth 1,500 points again. I hope they will address this issue because clearly this was not a good decision with the negative reception towards this change. I welcome buffs though. A buff for Runaway Notes would be nice.
  • PedroRVDPedroRVD Unsigned
    edited December 2012
    Well at least we can all agree that, after all, having all the game in the cloud and "online-only" was a genious move by harmonix, they can tweak the game all the times they want. I just want we can all agree and have the game balanced in the best way without killing the leaderboards.

    At this point I guess getting flame back to normal is the first step...buffing other powerups should be next. I insist of doing a poll with many alternatives.

    I also liked Zage's idea of reducing bandmate time.
  • cowboys282cowboys282 Unsigned
    edited December 2012
    PedroRVD;4951907 said:
    Well at least we can all agree that, after all, having all the game in the cloud and "online-only" was a genious move by harmonix, they can tweak the game all the times they want. I just want we can all agree and have the game balanced in the best way without killing the leaderboards.

    At this point I guess getting flame back to normal is the first step...buffing other powerups should be next. I insist of doing a poll with many alternatives.

    I also liked Zage's idea of reducing bandmate time.

    Zage does have a good idea about reducing Bandmate. They could also limit the amount of Flames that come in a string. this could help nerf the Bandmate/Flame combo.

    They have to be careful about buffing. Some of those other powerups don't require skill. 2X points is only there for people who are not good enough at Jackpot. They should not be rewarded for being less skilled.

    I feel like I am 5 years old when using Bottle Rockets. I can see some skill needed to use that powerup. You would have to know a song well and know exactly when to launch the Rockets.

    Shockwave and Road Rage good get a buff but neither require the need of much skill.

    The one Powerup that does require skill that does not reward players is runaway notes. That is the one Powerup that should equal Flame notes in value.

    In the end all Power ups should NOT be equal. The easier ones should be there for those who want to enjoy the game and compete with friends.

    The difficult Power ups should be worth more and allow for top leaderboard competition. The harder the Power up is to use the more it should be worth. In my opinion only Runaway notes should be buffed. It increases the difficulty of songs.

    And like so many others have said Blitz mode should actually be worth something. Although I can easily stay in it the value is not there to stay in it. To me Blitz mode is useless. Make the points worth it and suddenly the difficulty goes way up on most songs.

    But honestly change will always come with negatives. I think most of us who still play this game liked it the way it was. hopefully the developers will listen like they claim they do.

    Like who were they listening to when they changed this? I never have registered for the forums before today. I came on here once in awhile to look for news and the forums are always dead. Barely any posts. So where was the big uproar to change Flame notes?
  • MaximusDMMaximusDM Opening Act
    edited December 2012
    cowboys282;4951912 said:
    Zage does have a good idea about reducing Bandmate. They could also limit the amount of Flames that come in a string. this could help nerf the Bandmate/Flame combo.
    You don't get it.
    You can't nerf anything without destroying the point of leaderboards.

    You buff something; fine. Everyone can now replay under new rules to achieve the same scores albeit random power-up placement.

    You nerf ANYTHING and you have leaderboards with unobtainable scores. Now if HMX ever stated that what they are nerfing has never achieved #1 on any leaderboard for any song then fine, but if that were the case, it would be completely redundant.
    cowboys282;4951912 said:
    So where was the big uproar to change Flame notes?

    http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232287
    There is a HMX response somewhere in there, might be two. Most of the posts are senseless bickering and fingering pointing.
  • cowboys282cowboys282 Unsigned
    edited December 2012
    MaximusDM;4951933 said:
    You don't get it.
    You can't nerf anything without destroying the point of leaderboards.

    You buff something; fine. Everyone can now replay under new rules to achieve the same scores albeit random power-up placement.

    You nerf ANYTHING and you have leaderboards with unobtainable scores. Now if HMX ever stated that what they are nerfing has never achieved #1 on any leaderboard for any song then fine, but if that were the case, it would be completely redundant.
    I do get it and I agree that nerfing anything will make the leaderboards useless. I don't know if Harmonix knows that though.

    I was simply saying if they were going to nerf anything i agree that it was Bandmates time limit that should have been. but honestly I don't think they should have touched anything. But if they are going to touch something they have to reset the leaderboards or else the game becomes obsolete.

    They need to just change it back.
    MaximusDM;4951933 said:
    http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232287
    There is a HMX response somewhere in there, might be two. Most of the posts are senseless bickering and fingering pointing.
    Seems like a few people who are not good enough making a stink. Once again if this was so over powered than why does only one guy have the big score on these songs? If this combo was overpowered than a ton of people should have those type of scores. they don't.

    And as i figured out in this thread I beat most people who use that combo when I use something else. It seems like the developers chose the day after Christmas to over react to something that was not a problem.

    There was no glitch. There was no cheating. The rules were the same for everyone. Like every other game ever made some people are better than others. That doesn't mean you change the rules in the middle of the games life cycle, and make it impossible to better any score in the game.

    I have no reason to buy another song that is already out and give Rock Band my money. I am sure all who spend money on this game will also no longer buy another song for it.
  • pelemerenguepelemerengue Opening Act
    edited December 2012
    All I can really say is that this is a giant bummer.

    I just hope they don't nuke the leaderboards. There's no way I'm playing through all those songs again, it took me like 3 months to get through 90% of my library. :\
  • PedroRVDPedroRVD Unsigned
    edited December 2012
    pelemerengue;4951982 said:
    All I can really say is that this is a giant bummer.

    I just hope they don't nuke the leaderboards. There's no way I'm playing through all those songs again, it took me like 3 months to get through 90% of my library. :\

    This.

    It would be a tragedy for me as well.
  • Mircosoft93Mircosoft93 Unsigned
    edited December 2012
    Originally posted by PedroRVD [QUOTE]Originally Posted by pelemerengue
    All I can really say is that this is a giant bummer.

    I just hope they don't nuke the leaderboards. There's no way I'm playing through all those songs again, it took me like 3 months to get through 90% of my library. :\
    This.

    It would be a tragedy for me as well.[/QUOTE]

    Wouldn't it be more tragic if from now on noboby can compete anymore for top spots on the leaderboards? It would ruin your scores from the past 4 months but otherwise it would ruin almost every score for the upcoming months/years
  • PedroRVDPedroRVD Unsigned
    edited December 2012
    That's why the guys that said nothing should be nerfed / Blitz mode should be drastically buffed...etc... are right.

    Or, well, if they reset the leaderboards, at least keep our Career Scores alive. THAT would be the most pacific solution. I wonder if it is actually possible to do that. (I guess it is not because it's the sum of all scores)
  • Mircosoft93Mircosoft93 Unsigned
    edited December 2012
    PedroRVD;4952021 said:
    That's why the guys that said nothing should be nerfed / Blitz mode should be drastically buffed...etc... are right.
    buffing Blitz mode wouldn't change anything, because the best players are able to switch between two lanes while beeing constantly in Blitz mode
  • Epsilon82Epsilon82 Opening Act
    edited December 2012
    This is a classic case of the cure being worse than the disease.

    I believe Harmonix's instincts were correct in the initial round of tweaks by not nerfing anything. I would agree with everything MaximusDM has said on that subject, but I would also add that not only does this make the existing leaderboards untenable, it has a dramatic effect even on users' personal score chasing. I believe most people would be able to tolerate the occasional ridiculous top scores due to Bandmate/Flame exploiting, provided that their own PERSONAL high scores could still be attained using the same methods they had used previously.

    I can't say how disheartening it was to come home last night, pop into Blitz, put down what I felt was a nearly perfect Jackpot/Flame run on one of my favorite songs, only to discover that not only did I not score very high on the overall leaderboard, but that I couldn't even beat the score I posted like a week after the game came out using a newbie combo like Road Rage/Blast Notes.

    In my 600+ hours of playing Blitz, one of the most satisfying elements of the whole process was developing skill at the more nuanced aspects of the game and improving my technique to the point where I could use an advanced combo like Jackpot/Flame and be rewarded with scores that absolutely dwarfed those that I achieved on the same songs with less skill-oriented combos like Road Rage/Blast. I found myself having so much more fun with the game using that high risk/high reward combo that even if the leaderboards get reset, I simply will not feel as accomplished or enjoy the game nearly as much if such high-skill combos are not as lucrative as they were before.

    I suspect the reason Harmonix resorted to nerfing Flame notes instead of simply stopping flame spreading past a certain ridiculous threshold is that the latter would have required a software patch, and that would be expensive and difficult to implement by comparison. But like I said before, this cure is flatly worse than the mild effects of the exploit. It completely ruins the game for people who were using Flame notes legitimately.

    I suggested in the initial thread about this that the way to combat the true exploit (button mashing) would be to leave everything else alone but substantially buff Blitz mode. I stand by that solution 100%. The best part about it is that it would only noticeably affect those who are particularly skilled at the game on the high end. Those who weren't getting much from Blitz mode might see a marginal increase, but there is nothing but good to come from rewarding flawless play.

    But at the very least, I urge Harmonix in the strongest possible terms to roll back this change as soon as possible. It punishes pretty much everyone across the entire spectrum of ability. Even those who have no interest or desire to compete for the absolute top spot on songs are now faced with the possibility of never having any chance to beat their own scores posted when they were noobs. Without the personal score chasing aspect, the game will die a quick death.

    My proposed solutions in order of my personal preference:

    1) Roll back the flame nerf, and substantially buff Blitz mode to address the button-mashing Bandmate/Flame exploit. This way people who are playing two lanes simultaneously but can do so without breaking Blitz mode often are rewarded for their legitimate skill, and those who are button mashing will be severely punished.

    2) Roll back the flame nerf, and do nothing else.

    3) Reset the leaderboards for all songs.

    4) through 998) ???????

    999) Leave things as they are now.
  • Epsilon82Epsilon82 Opening Act
    edited December 2012
    Mircosoft93;4952023 said:
    buffing Blitz mode wouldn't change anything, because the best players are able to switch between two lanes while beeing constantly in Blitz mode

    I don't care about that at all. If the best players can stay in Blitz mode while playing every note in two lanes simultaneously, then they absolutely deserve every point they can get. The exploit is that the same effect can be achieved without substantial penalty by people who just frantically button mash while switching between two lanes.

    Buffing Blitz mode would penalize the button mashers significantly. And in general it would reward clean play in a way the game doesn't really do to much of an extent now, which I also think is a good thing.
  • fcmleftyfcmlefty Road Warrior
    edited December 2012
    Just want to double check here: Has there been any kind of "official word" on this yet?

    This doesn't affect me at all, since I play the game very casually. I almost always do bottle rocket-blast-super instrument, and then let my young son grab a 2nd controller to shoot the bottle rockets for me. Very rarely even crack the top 100 this way. But I can see why you hard core highly skilled players are righteously pissed about this.
  • PedroRVDPedroRVD Unsigned
    edited December 2012
    Epsilon82;4952043 said:
    I don't care about that at all. If the best players can stay in Blitz mode while playing every note in two lanes simultaneously, then they absolutely deserve every point they can get. The exploit is that the same effect can be achieved without substantial penalty by people who just frantically button mash while switching between two lanes.

    Buffing Blitz mode would penalize the button mashers significantly. And in general it would reward clean play in a way the game doesn't really do to much of an extent now, which I also think is a good thing.

    Exactly. Pretty much this.
  • DarkSoulGamer94DarkSoulGamer94 Unsigned
    edited December 2012
    This is worst than The Bee shield nerf in Borderlands 2
  • zage1337zage1337 Rising Star
    edited December 2012
    There is no point in even trying to hit all the notes anymore. Might as well as try to catch the pinball because that's the only high scoring method that outclasses Road Rage/Blast on many songs. It's really really stupid that Road Rage/Blast is actually the best combo for medium length songs now if you don't use pinball. Before Flame Notes were the skill based powerup that the hardcore players used.. whether it was jackpot or bandmate, this was the powerup that everyone used to get really high scores, and the skill required was substantially higher than any of the other powerups maybe except Runaway notes. Road Rage/Blast should not be stronger than Jack/Flame.

    Also why are Runaway Notes so weak? They are also very skill based and demand you keeping up with lane shifting and staying in blitz notes to catch the runaway note but all you get is a lame 10k when a full bar of Road Rage can get you that with a tap of a button.

    Learn the difference between skill and balance. The easiest to use powerups should not be the strongest. Rebuff flame notes and also buff Runaway Notes to 25k per catch or something. Actually add Runaway Notes to the metagame because right now they are nothing but a joke. The only time any top player would use Runaway Notes is if they are doing a Runaway Note goal or a specific challenge that requires that powerup. Now Flame Notes are in the exact same category as Runaway. High skill and no reward.
  • edited December 2012
    cowboys282;4951792 said:
    I am baffled by this decision which is why I can only rationalize this as a mistake. If these people understood the community in their game they would have never done this. A decision like this would prove how out of touch they are with their own game. A decision like this goes against everything they have done previously. Which is why this has to be a mistake.
    Just want to make a quick post here (with a lengthier planned announcement coming later today) apologizing for the delayed response. We're running on a skeleton crew during the holiday and it wasn't entirely clear that this change was going to take effect without anyone on hand to message. So my apologies for that, the intent certainly wasn't to surprise anyone with this.

    And, to provide a bit of additional context (again, with more coming later today), there are a number of other factors at play here which likely aren't immediately clear. We'll provide as much info as we can in just a bit, but please trust that we'll continue to listen, track all feedback, and pass things up the chain. Thanks for sitting tight, we'll have more info posted later today.
  • cowboys282cowboys282 Unsigned
    edited December 2012
    hmxhenry;4952121 said:
    Just want to make a quick post here (with a lengthier planned announcement coming later today) apologizing for the delayed response. We're running on a skeleton crew during the holiday and it wasn't entirely clear that this change was going to take effect without anyone on hand to message. So my apologies for that, the intent certainly wasn't to surprise anyone with this.

    And, to provide a bit of additional context (again, with more coming later today), there are a number of other factors at play here which likely aren't immediately clear. We'll provide as much info as we can in just a bit, but please trust that we'll continue to listen, track all feedback, and pass things up the chain. Thanks for sitting tight, we'll have more info posted later today.
    Thank you for a response. I will wait for the full statement later. This does sadly confirm my fear that this was done intentional and was not a mistake.

    I can only assume the effects of the decision were considered. The whole point of this game is to best peoples high scores. This is now no longer possible. Myself and many many others no longer have a reason to play this game. I hope the later announcement explains this factor.

    The overwhelming response and views to this thread prove to me just how much this change has negatively effected Blitz. Hopefully your statement will help us all understand the reasons behind this drastic decision.
  • metalkornmetalkorn Rising Star
    edited December 2012
    i'm sure the new leaderboard RBWorld functionality is part of the reason behind changes that are happening.
  • zage1337zage1337 Rising Star
    edited December 2012
    So you ruin the gameplay of Rock Band Blitz just so you can have an event that is only available for a percentage of your market base which is US players only? Wow..yeah I am done with this game. It was a fun ride.
  • cowboys282cowboys282 Unsigned
    edited December 2012
    zage1337;4952265 said:
    So you ruin the gameplay of Rock Band Blitz just so you can have an event that is only available for a percentage of your market base which is US players only? Wow..yeah I am done with this game. It was a fun ride.

    Not only that Zage but they are almost forcing people to use Facebook to play the game. That makes me very upset. I have spent a lot of money on Blitz. It is starting to look like that was a mistake.

    I have NO desire to mix my Facebook world and Rockband world. Not only that but I have never downloaded an App for Facebook of any kind and never will. I don't trust any of it. Blitz was my first introduction to Rock Band and I was really impressed with Harmonix. If all this is true I will have to rethink where I spend my money.

    I am starting to think that they have some type of marketing deal going on here. Selling your information for those who sign up through Facebook. Make sure all of you read all terms of Service and be well aware of what they are doing with your information.
  • Epsilon82Epsilon82 Opening Act
    edited December 2012
    zage1337;4952265 said:
    So you ruin the gameplay of Rock Band Blitz just so you can have an event that is only available for a percentage of your market base which is US players only? Wow..yeah I am done with this game. It was a fun ride.
    Let's not jump to any conclusions quite yet. I'm going to give Harmonix the benefit of assuming that they wouldn't set a torch to their own game for such a silly reason, at least until they come out and say so themselves.
Sign In or Register to comment.