RB3 Character Transfer between Gamertags

Electronium483Electronium483 Unsigned
edited December 2012 in Rock Band
I made a few characters in Rock Band 3 for some friends to prepare for them to come over so we could get right into playing, but I noticed that the characters are linked specifically to my Gamertag. Is there any way to let them play those characters, or are we going to have to start anew?

Comments

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Road Warrior
    edited December 2012
    You have to start over.
  • DrRock69DrRock69 Road Warrior
    edited December 2012
    i think they can use them if only you sign into your gamertag, and they use no profile
  • rkbdgurlrkbdgurl Road Warrior
    edited December 2012
    I'm a little confused. All they need to do is go into their little pop up menu when they pick their instruments to play a song, then go to characters and scroll up. All of the characters he designed should be there, and they can click on the one they want to use. Or.....perhaps I'm missing something here. (it wouldn't be the first time lol)
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    edited December 2012
    rkbdgurl;4952445 said:
    I'm a little confused. All they need to do is go into their little pop up menu when they pick their instruments to play a song, then go to characters and scroll up. All of the characters he designed should be there, and they can click on the one they want to use. Or.....perhaps I'm missing something here. (it wouldn't be the first time lol)

I believe it's different between Xbox and PS3. PS3 only allows one user to be signed it at a time, whereas Xbox lets multiple gamer tags be used. I don't own a 360 though, so I may be way off in left field.
  • whypick1whypick1 Headliner
    edited December 2012
    No, you got it. If you're signed in, you only have access to the characters you own. If you're not signed in, you get access to everyone's characters (although I don't think duplicates are allowed), but obviously you can't earn achievements, get on the leaderboards, earn fans, etc. this way.