Official Discussion: DLC Week of 12/30 - Andrew W.K., Hot Chelle Rae, P!nk, and Fun.!

edited January 2013 in Rock Band
hmxhenry;4952166 said:

Available on Xbox 360 Sunday December 30th, 2012; Wii January 2nd, 2013; and PlayStation®3 system January 8th, 2013:

* “Party Hard” – Andrew W.K. O

* “We Are Young” – Fun. ft. Janelle Monáe O

* “Tonight Tonight” – Hot Chelle Rae O

* “Raise Your Glass” – P!nk O

Price:

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points ™, 200 Wii Points™) per song

Tracks marked with “O” feature support for keyboards.

** Dates and Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **
hmxhenry;4952180 said:
Due to the holiday season, there will be no 360 RBN releases or PS3 RBN releases this week. Xbox 360 RBN releases should return on 1/3/13, and PS3 RBN releases will resume on 1/8/13 and 1/9/13 (Europe) and should include additional tracks covering the weeks missed.
Don't forget, DLC is coming on Sunday on account of the holiday next Tuesday. Discuss!

Comments

• edited December 2012
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand here is some relevant holiday DLC scheduling info that you can discuss as well!
    hmxhenry;4952188 said:
    Here's some additional clarification on the expected holiday DLC schedule, provided with the usual caveat that dates are subject to change and depend on the publishing schedule that 1st parties maintain during holiday.

Last week's My Chemical Romance DLC is scheduled to hit on the following platforms on the following dates:

Wii: 1/2/13
    PS3 (SCEA): 1/8/13
    PS3 (SCEE): 1/23/13

The Andrew W.K., Hot Chelle Rae, P!nk, and Fun. tracks should follow a longer term holiday schedule looking a bit like this:

Sunday December 30th, 2012: Xbox 360 should get new DLC, early on account of the Tuesday holiday.

Tuesday January 1st, 2013: No DLC updates today, on account of the early Sunday release.

Wednesday January 2nd, 2013: Wii should get the two previous DLC releases.

Tuesday January 8th, 2013: PS3 (SCEA) should get the two previous DLC releases.

Wednesday January 23rd: PS3 (SCEE) should get the MCR DLC.

Wednesday January 30th: PS3 (SCEE) should get the 12/30/12 singles DLC.

We'll track any schedule changes as we're aware of them. Thanks for your continued patience while we navigate the tricky content release schedules on all the different platforms in all the different regions during the holiday season.
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    edited December 2012
    well now it's official i guess.
    yay.

and another week without a pro guitar upgrade.
    double yay.
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited December 2012
    No pro. Prepare for the riots.

Also Party Hard. Meh
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited December 2012
    Ok so it was right and like I thought, a 0 pro upgrades week.
  • edited December 2012
    I guess I'll grab Party Hard. It sounds decent enough on keys.
  • bandaddybandaddy Rising Star
    edited December 2012
  • murphmurph Rising Star
    edited December 2012
    ugh. see ya next year.
  • HetzHetz Rising Star
    edited December 2012
    Party Hard and Tonight Tonight! Yay!

Love both songs.
  • Groudon199Groudon199 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
    edited December 2012
    Last release of December is the 27th time this year I pass on the new stuff, and the 12th time since Blitz's launch.
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited December 2012
    And so does the year end much like it began.
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited December 2012
    Been waiting for Party Hard for at least a couple years. This is swell enough to maybe be in my top weeks of DLC despite Tonight Tonight being the only other new song and no Pro Guitar/Bass.
  • ZigZag2005ZigZag2005 Road Warrior
    edited December 2012
    Pass, on the shoulder. +0 :(
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited December 2012
    Skipping at least this week.
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited December 2012
    Lowlander2;4952585 said:
    And so does the year end much like it began.

How is this like 2112?
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    edited December 2012
    I love Andrew WK, but idk how well Party Hard is going to play in Rock Band. Any time I've made an Ultimate Setlist, I always pick a different song (like I Get Wet or Get Ready to Die). Party Hard is by far his most popular song, so it's a no brainer why it was picked. I'm just saying I'm going to need to see a chart before I buy it.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited December 2012
  • edited December 2012
    For the record, there were only 5 weeks in the last 2 years where there weren't Pro upgrades available. It is most definitely an edge case. Brace yourself, next week won't have a Pro upgrade either.

But, early next year, we'll have a few weeks with 2 Pro upgrades to balance it out. There are upgrades coming for several of the Blitz singles as well as a few other surprises.
  • OsagaRockHeroOsagaRockHero Still Disappointed
    edited December 2012
    Yay leaks!

Party Hard is awesome, but Tonight Tonight is literally atrocious.
  • MileycyrussouljaMileycyrussoulja Road Warrior
    edited December 2012
    hmxhenry;4952593 said:

But, early next year, we'll have a few weeks with 2 Pro upgrades to balance it out. There are upgrades coming for several of the Blitz singles as well as a few other surprises.

Oh wow, cool!

Anyways, I feel honored to have made the thread for that leak, and now it came true. I'm not buying anything here though as I'm not a fan of this stuff.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited December 2012
    Ya know when Henry posts this early in the thread that the whining must be extra special ;)

I for one have wanted Party Hard for a long damn time. I'm gonna play this so hard it's gonna get pregnant.
    edited December 2012
    hmxhenry;4952593 said:
    For the record, there were only 5 weeks in the last 2 years where there weren't Pro upgrades available. It is most definitely an edge case. Brace yourself, next week won't have a Pro upgrade either.

What about quantity of DLC? Will that increase at all, or is 3 per week what we should be expecting?
  • WonderWaageUKWonderWaageUK Rising Star
    edited December 2012
    Well. The only positive thing is, that this is not something I look forward to or will even consider considering a consideration of buying it, and therefore the unbelievably long wait for SCEE to put the material out doesn't matter one single bit.
  • edited December 2012
    Only 5 in the last year but one of them was two weeks ago, one is this week, and theres another next week. Yikes.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited December 2012
    OsagaRockHero;4952597 said:
    What about quantity of DLC? Will that increase at all, or is 3 per week what we should be expecting?

Honestly at this point in the franchise, where there's not really that many of us left (let's be honest compared to the halcyon days of the franchise, there's really only a 'handful' of buyers still purchasing DLC), I'm happy that we still get any DLC at all. Let alone 3 a week.

In a year or so we'll be saying are we ever going to get 3 tracks a week again or is 1 the new amount ;)

So enjoy it while you can. Like it, love it, or hate it, at least we're getting 3 tracks a week to choose from, and that's a good thing at this point.
  • samjjonessamjjones Road Warrior
    edited December 2012
    Very much looking forward to buying and playing Hot Chelle Rae's "Tonight Tonight". Keep the recent pop hits coming, HMX.
  • edited December 2012
    Well, here's to another year! I hope it can last for another.
  • edfrank_jredfrank_jr Opening Act
    edited December 2012
    Well... since I'm playing on PS3 and my RB3 copy is region 2 (EU), I'll have to wait to celebrate the new year with the chineses.
    edited December 2012
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4952600 said:
    Honestly at this point in the franchise, where there's not really that many of us left (let's be honest compared to the halcyon days of the franchise, there's really only a 'handful' of buyers still purchasing DLC), I'm happy that we still get any DLC at all. Let alone 3 a week.

In a year or so we'll be saying are we ever going to get 3 tracks a week again or is 1 the new amount ;)

So enjoy it while you can. Like it, love it, or hate it, at least we're getting 3 tracks a week to choose from, and that's a good thing at this point.

I figured as much. It really is a shame rhythm gaming was seen as a fad and died out so quickly. I wonder how that happened...

Still though, I'm not complaining. I'll start worrying when we get one "megapack" a month.
  • randracrandrac Opening Act
    edited December 2012
    Well the leak was correct and disappointing. These "2 new songs per week" really stink, especially when they are songs that are not up my alley. We need a week of 20 new songs to make up for the drought.
  • Edfan1337Edfan1337 Opening Act
    edited December 2012
    The rumors were true! I'm totally grabbing Party Hard at some point. Tonight Tonight shall never grace my Rock Band library with its foul presence, so 1/2 ain't bad. (not counting blitz songs)