Official Discussion: DLC Week of 12/30 - Andrew W.K., Hot Chelle Rae, P!nk, and Fun.!

edited January 2013 in Rock Band
hmxhenry;4952166 said:

Available on Xbox 360 Sunday December 30th, 2012; Wii January 2nd, 2013; and PlayStation®3 system January 8th, 2013:

* “Party Hard” – Andrew W.K. O

* “We Are Young” – Fun. ft. Janelle Monáe O

* “Tonight Tonight” – Hot Chelle Rae O

* “Raise Your Glass” – P!nk O

Price:

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points ™, 200 Wii Points™) per song

Tracks marked with “O” feature support for keyboards.

** Dates and Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **
hmxhenry;4952180 said:
Due to the holiday season, there will be no 360 RBN releases or PS3 RBN releases this week. Xbox 360 RBN releases should return on 1/3/13, and PS3 RBN releases will resume on 1/8/13 and 1/9/13 (Europe) and should include additional tracks covering the weeks missed.
Don't forget, DLC is coming on Sunday on account of the holiday next Tuesday. Discuss!

Comments

• ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited December 2012
    Ya know when Henry posts this early in the thread that the whining must be extra special ;)

I for one have wanted Party Hard for a long damn time. I'm gonna play this so hard it's gonna get pregnant.
  • OsagaRockHeroOsagaRockHero Still Disappointed
    edited December 2012
    hmxhenry;4952593 said:
    For the record, there were only 5 weeks in the last 2 years where there weren't Pro upgrades available. It is most definitely an edge case. Brace yourself, next week won't have a Pro upgrade either.

But, early next year, we'll have a few weeks with 2 Pro upgrades to balance it out. There are upgrades coming for several of the Blitz singles as well as a few other surprises.

What about quantity of DLC? Will that increase at all, or is 3 per week what we should be expecting?
  • WonderWaageUKWonderWaageUK Rising Star
    edited December 2012
    Well. The only positive thing is, that this is not something I look forward to or will even consider considering a consideration of buying it, and therefore the unbelievably long wait for SCEE to put the material out doesn't matter one single bit.
  • edited December 2012
    Only 5 in the last year but one of them was two weeks ago, one is this week, and theres another next week. Yikes.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited December 2012
    OsagaRockHero;4952597 said:
    What about quantity of DLC? Will that increase at all, or is 3 per week what we should be expecting?

Honestly at this point in the franchise, where there's not really that many of us left (let's be honest compared to the halcyon days of the franchise, there's really only a 'handful' of buyers still purchasing DLC), I'm happy that we still get any DLC at all. Let alone 3 a week.

In a year or so we'll be saying are we ever going to get 3 tracks a week again or is 1 the new amount ;)

So enjoy it while you can. Like it, love it, or hate it, at least we're getting 3 tracks a week to choose from, and that's a good thing at this point.
  • samjjonessamjjones Road Warrior
    edited December 2012
    Very much looking forward to buying and playing Hot Chelle Rae's "Tonight Tonight". Keep the recent pop hits coming, HMX.
  • edited December 2012
    Well, here's to another year! I hope it can last for another.
  • edfrank_jredfrank_jr Opening Act
    edited December 2012
    Well... since I'm playing on PS3 and my RB3 copy is region 2 (EU), I'll have to wait to celebrate the new year with the chineses.
  • OsagaRockHeroOsagaRockHero Still Disappointed
    edited December 2012
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4952600 said:
    Honestly at this point in the franchise, where there's not really that many of us left (let's be honest compared to the halcyon days of the franchise, there's really only a 'handful' of buyers still purchasing DLC), I'm happy that we still get any DLC at all. Let alone 3 a week.

In a year or so we'll be saying are we ever going to get 3 tracks a week again or is 1 the new amount ;)

So enjoy it while you can. Like it, love it, or hate it, at least we're getting 3 tracks a week to choose from, and that's a good thing at this point.

I figured as much. It really is a shame rhythm gaming was seen as a fad and died out so quickly. I wonder how that happened...

Still though, I'm not complaining. I'll start worrying when we get one "megapack" a month.
  • randracrandrac Opening Act
    edited December 2012
    Well the leak was correct and disappointing. These "2 new songs per week" really stink, especially when they are songs that are not up my alley. We need a week of 20 new songs to make up for the drought.
  • Edfan1337Edfan1337 Opening Act
    edited December 2012
    The rumors were true! I'm totally grabbing Party Hard at some point. Tonight Tonight shall never grace my Rock Band library with its foul presence, so 1/2 ain't bad. (not counting blitz songs)
  • edited December 2012
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4952596 said:
    Ya know when Henry posts this early in the thread that the whining must be extra special ;)

Just getting ahead of the curve to allay fears of this being a pattern. The same scheduling / licensing / production comments I made during the Elton John announcement still apply.
    OsagaRockHero;4952597 said:

3 songs a week has been the average for the last year, so it's safe to expect that for the time being. There may be a few weeks with more than 3 tracks, as we roll out the remaining Blitz songs as singles, and we should have a clearer schedule to announce early next year.
    MagicMurderBag7;4952599 said:
    Only 5 in the last year but one of them was two weeks ago, one is this week, and theres another next week. Yikes.

But with the weeks where we double up the total number of upgrades should be roughly the same. There may have been 5 weeks without, but that means there were over 100 weeks with, building the largest Pro library in music gaming.
  • LordRavenBajaLordRavenBaja Mellow Out!!!
    edited December 2012
    Yawn. I have several thousand points to spend and this is what keeps coming out.

The thing that disappoints me the most is I don't see another game filling the gap that this one does. I used to talk about Friday's being like Xmas every week. Well Xmas wasn't even like Xmas this month!! I just keep getting offered coal each week. (although I was super happy to get The Black Crows, but that was announced in Nov)

I'm happy for those that like this type of music, but this month was a sad disappointment for me. Between all of the pop music and re-releases, this game seems to be moving on from this customer. I usually buy 10-15 songs per month, I bought 1 that was announced this month, and I already had that song on GH!
  • ZosoBaronZosoBaron Road Warrior
    edited December 2012
    Ooh, Party Hard, I gotta grab that.
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited December 2012
    hmxhenry;4952621 said:
    But with the weeks where we double up the total number of upgrades should be roughly the same. There may have been 5 weeks without, but that means there were over 100 weeks with, building the largest Pro library in music gaming.
    Cherish this title, because you're not holding onto it for much longer.
  • TkDiamonDTkDiamonD Rising Star
    edited December 2012
    Yikes, was not a fan of this month. Actually 2012 as a whole didn't put out much I was interested in :( I knew it wouldn't be able to top 2011, but I didn't expect it to be like this.

Here's to hoping 2013 can regain some momentum! Happy new year everyone!
  • jeronemitchelljeronemitchell Road Warrior
    edited December 2012
    Party Hard is getting a great reaction on Facebook, and is an almost definite purchase for me.
    Lowlander2;4952624 said:

Assuming a two song a week gain by RockSmith, we're looking at approximately a year. Rock Band has quite a lead already; RB3 and the releases from 2010 by themselves almost match RockSmith's entire library.
  • edited December 2012
    Lowlander2;4952624 said:
    By my count, we've got 300+ Pro tracks counting disc charts and DLC. That's roughly twice as many tracks as the game dedicated solely to Pro guitar as far as I can tell. But I suppose if we stopped doing any upgrades right now, and they maintained the same release schedule they had in 2012, they could possibly crack 300 tracks in 2 more years.

Not trying to make it a pissing match, but we've got the biggest library of songs, the most instruments, and the most upgrades. Just want to keep that in perspective on the weeks when there are "only 3 songs" or the rare instance we don't have a Pro upgrade.
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited December 2012
    randrac;4952617 said:
    Well the leak was correct and disappointing. These "2 new songs per week" really stink, especially when they are songs that are not up my alley. We need a week of 20 new songs to make up for the drought.
    You mean this week?
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited December 2012
    I will definitely be getting Andrew W.K. while I won't bother with the songs I already have. I f***ing hate Tonight Tonight with a passion, but I know it'll sell well, so I have nothing against it being on here.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited December 2012
    hmxhenry;4952621 said:

3 songs a week has been the average for the last year, so it's safe to expect that for the time being. There may be a few weeks with more than 3 tracks, as we roll out the remaining Blitz songs as singles, and we should have a clearer schedule to announce early next year.

Does this mean there's no packs like Elton John and MCR with 1 blitz song and 2 new songs?
  • jayou521jayou521 Washed Up
    edited December 2012
    Andrew W.K. should have gotten a pack~ that would have been awesome. Super excited for "Party Hard"~

Also had one of those THAT song moments with "Tonight Tonight", not as bad as some ppl on here are making it out to be, but I won't be buying it.
    grumblevolcano;4952640 said:
    Does this mean there's no packs like Elton John and MCR with 1 blitz song and 2 new songs?
    If so, that really sucks. I'm looking forward to getting more Kool and The Gang.
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    edited December 2012
    dog037;4952590 said:
    How is this like 2112?

well..... we only got ONE new song that week. at least this week we get two.
  • Rhystic_1Rhystic_1 Opening Act
    edited December 2012
    So, two recycled songs and NO pro updates?

Pass.
  • jeronemitchelljeronemitchell Road Warrior
    edited December 2012
    tnevaker;4952642 said:

Butbutbut... that song was really long, and had to be split into three parts! And I /LIKED/ it!!!

(I actually didn't like it and didn't buy it, but I wanted to express what I think the bottom-line difference is going to be for most that would complain about the comparison...)
  • MarlboroMarlboro Road Warrior
    edited December 2012

Nice catch!
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    edited December 2012
    hmxhenry;4952593 said:
    For the record, there were only 5 weeks in the last 2 years where there weren't Pro upgrades available. It is most definitely an edge case. Brace yourself, next week won't have a Pro upgrade either.

But, early next year, we'll have a few weeks with 2 Pro upgrades to balance it out. There are upgrades coming for several of the Blitz singles as well as a few other surprises.

so only 6 weeks in the last 2+ years. the problem is most of those weeks have happened in the past 3-4 months, so it begins to look like a trend.

anyway, at least the blitz upgrades are some good news. especially if those upgrades include cult of personality, metal health, spoonman, and jessie's girl. if no upgrades for this week or the elton john week (neither of which really had good songs for an upgrade anyway) meant getting one of these songs upgraded instead, that's a more-than-fair trade.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited December 2012
    This wins the worse DLC of the year.. i'd rather have Bieber...
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited December 2012
    tnevaker;4952642 said:

Wait there songs? Wow learn something new everyday.
  • edited December 2012

Most Blitz tracks will be released as singles. I believe there are only 1 or 2 more 3 packs built around a Blitz track unless the schedule changes.