Buying from the UK (Need help!)

Brad_WBABrad_WBA Unsigned
edited January 2013 in Rock Band
I am from the UK and was wondering if there was anywhere I could buy a bundle with just the pro fender guitar and the game online. I have had Guitar Hero before so I will use that for the normal guitar mode. I haven't been able to find a bundle anywhere online so I thought the best option was to ask on here.

All replies welcome, thank you.

Comments

• whypick1whypick1 Headliner
    edited December 2012
    Good luck finding the Squier anywhere, let alone bundled with the game. The Squier was only available for a couple of months before Fender discontinued it, and it was barely available outside of the US. You're only bet really is to find a Squier secondhand. You'll also need the MIDI Pro Adapter for whatever console you're on.

As for the game, if you're on the 360, you can download the Games on Demand version, which is currently on sale for 800MSP (not sure if that's just in the US though). Otherwise, you've got some digging to do.
  • Brad_WBABrad_WBA Unsigned
    edited December 2012
    whypick1;4952386 said:
    Good luck finding the Squier anywhere, let alone bundled with the game. The Squier was only available for a couple of months before Fender discontinued it, and it was barely available outside of the US. You're only bet really is to find a Squier secondhand. You'll also need the MIDI Pro Adapter for whatever console you're on.

As for the game, if you're on the 360, you can download the Games on Demand version, which is currently on sale for 800MSP (not sure if that's just in the US though). Otherwise, you've got some digging to do.

So the "Pro" section of the game cannot be played without the guitar? and they have stopped production of them? That sucks considering how revolutionary it looks for music games in general. Thanks for the response mate, the only ones I have found are £100+.
  • IcemageIcemage Road Warrior
    edited December 2012
    Brad_WBA;4952392 said:
    So the "Pro" section of the game cannot be played without the guitar? and they have stopped production of them? That sucks considering how revolutionary it looks for music games in general. Thanks for the response mate, the only ones I have found are £100+.
    There are two pro guitars. The Fender Squier Stratocaster is a real guitar, but as mentioned above is discontinued.

The other option is the MadCatz Mustang, which has many (many!) buttons in place of the strings near the frets, and six short pick-strummable strings.
    edited December 2012
    Icemage;4952396 said:
    There are two pro guitars. The Fender Squier Stratocaster is a real guitar, but as mentioned above is discontinued.

The other option is the MadCatz Mustang, which has many (many!) buttons in place of the strings near the frets, and six short pick-strummable strings.
    Oh okay, thanks, will I need the MIDI Pro Adapter for the Mustang? (Sorry, never had RB before).
  • IcemageIcemage Road Warrior
    edited December 2012
    Brad_WBA;4952403 said:
    Oh okay, thanks, will I need the MIDI Pro Adapter for the Mustang? (Sorry, never had RB before).

The Mustang doesn't need the MIDI Pro Adapter. That adapter is only necessary if you're using the Fender Squier RB3 Stratocaster or a non-Rock Band MIDI keyboard or electronic drum kit.
    edited December 2012
    Icemage;4952415 said:
    The Mustang doesn't need the MIDI Pro Adapter. That adapter is only necessary if you're using the Fender Squier RB3 Stratocaster or a non-Rock Band MIDI keyboard or electronic drum kit.

Okay, thanks a lot man, I appreciate it.
  • BookerBooker Rising Star
    edited December 2012
    Always good to see another Brit showing some interest in Rock Band :-) You can pick up RB3 on Games on Demand for £8.99 just now (but I don't know how long it will stay at that price).

As for the pro guitar, if your looking for the Mustang, either have a look on ebay or at cex.co.uk (where you can pick up a 2nd hand one for about £40)
  • HaibaneHaibane Opening Act
    edited December 2012
    Brad_WBA;4952392 said:
    It was pretty revolutionary in the year until Rocksmith came out, but now I don't see why you'd want to choose a halfway house when you can just dive straight in with a real guitar - all the more so considering the lack of support for the peripherals.

Harmonix have led the field with innovations in rhythm gaming in the past, but it looks to me like they're pretty poorly placed at the moment.
    edited December 2012
    Booker;4952562 said:
    Always good to see another Brit showing some interest in Rock Band :-) You can pick up RB3 on Games on Demand for £8.99 just now (but I don't know how long it will stay at that price).

As for the pro guitar, if your looking for the Mustang, either have a look on ebay or at cex.co.uk (where you can pick up a 2nd hand one for about £40)

Yeah I just bought it from On Demand, and I may just buy a Mustang from Cex too, cheers bro!
    edited December 2012
    Haibane;4952563 said:
    It was pretty revolutionary in the year until Rocksmith came out, but now I don't see why you'd want to choose a halfway house when you can just dive straight in with a real guitar - all the more so considering the lack of support for the peripherals.

Harmonix have led the field with innovations in rhythm gaming in the past, but it looks to me like they're pretty poorly placed at the moment.

This is true, but I think using the Mustang and the "Pro" section of the game could be a good stepping stone if I ever wanted to learn to play the guitar.
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    edited December 2012
    Another from the UK :)

There is a 3rd option : You Rock Guitar
    See this thread: http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211852

I was lucky and picked up one for £100 from Maplin a long time ago, but a quick search seems to show they are more expensive now. Maybe you might get lucky and see one cheap on ebay or a music shop.

The advantage is you get the 22 frets instead of the Mustang 17 frets. RB3 is good for helping you see where your fingers are but RockSmith is better overall with the adaptive difficulties and handles more such as bends.
  • BookerBooker Rising Star
    edited January 2013
    Brad_WBA;4952653 said:
    Yeah I just bought it from On Demand, and I may just buy a Mustang from Cex too, cheers bro!
    Welcome aboard, now just remember to hide your wallet when you go and look at all the DLC that is available :-) (also if you're looking for someone to compare scores to add me, my GT is S F Booker)
  • MunnchyMunnchy Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    Welcome fellow brit!

I got really lucky with my mustang. Bought it from here: http://store.gameshark.net/Rock_Band_3/260. They don't have much on there at the moment, but i'd keep an eye out for one to come up.

Amazon has it in stock, but they only have 4, so act fast! It's beyond me why it's £60 more expensive on the 360 though: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rock-Band-Wireless-Mustang-Guitar-/dp/B003RRTXYW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1357220231&sr=8-1

I'd buy that and the on demand version of rock band 3. £130 for all of that is not a bad price to pay at all.

If you're looking for other pro instruments, they're out of stock of the pro drums. However, they do have keyboards that are surprisingly cheap: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rock-Wireless-Keyboard-Software-Bundle/dp/B00409SOCS/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1357220352&sr=8-11.

Hope this helps :)

Edit: That keyboard bundle comes with the game. That's an absolute steal for that price!
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    Munnchy;4956085 said:
    Amazon has it in stock, but they only have 4, so act fast! It's beyond me why it's £60 more expensive on the 360 though: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rock-Band-Wireless-Mustang-Guitar-/dp/B003RRTXYW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1357220231&sr=8-1

That's expensive. I would look around ebay first, they normally sell for a lot less.