where can i find export key licence?

elizakielizaki Unsigned
edited January 2013 in Rock Band
Hey all! i live in Greece, i have rock band 1 , and want to export my songs so i can play them in rock band 3. When i bought rock band 1, about a year ago.i had created us account on my ps3, so i can download songs, and it worked great! Now, i want to buy the export key and i can;t seem to find it anywhere in the ps3 store.. anyone can help? it doesn't give me the option to download it in the "options" -->"export songs" menu in rock band. anyone can help? can i purchace it through a pc or something? :P

Comments

• dlchief58dlchief58 Opening Act
    edited December 2012
    As I remember (and please anyone correct me if I am wrong), the Rock Band 1 export was handled through Rock Band 2's in game menu system. The export code should be on the back of the manual for Rock Band 1. Iy has been a long time since I did this, so anyone else please correct me if I am wrong or feel free to add something I may have forgotten.
  • IcemageIcemage Road Warrior
    edited December 2012
    dlchief58;4952573 said:
    As I remember (and please anyone correct me if I am wrong), the Rock Band 1 export was handled through Rock Band 2's in game menu system. The export code should be on the back of the manual for Rock Band 1. Iy has been a long time since I did this, so anyone else please correct me if I am wrong or feel free to add something I may have forgotten.
    Nope. Rock Band 1 required the 1.06+ patch for RB1, and the export was handled through the Export function that was added in that patch to the RB1 game menu.

Sony switched over their store design a few months ago and one of the things that got screwed up in the process was that the RB1 Export Key no longer shows up in the PSN Store for some reason. Harmonix knows about the problem and are working on it, but because none of the PlayStation Stores in any region will be updated until the first week of January at the earliest, we probably won't see a fix before then.
  • edited December 2012
  • Someguy12121Someguy12121 Unsigned
    edited January 2013
    Icemage;4952620 said:
    Nope. Rock Band 1 required the 1.06+ patch for RB1, and the export was handled through the Export function that was added in that patch to the RB1 game menu.

Sony switched over their store design a few months ago and one of the things that got screwed up in the process was that the RB1 Export Key no longer shows up in the PSN Store for some reason. Harmonix knows about the problem and are working on it, but because none of the PlayStation Stores in any region will be updated until the first week of January at the earliest, we probably won't see a fix before then.

The new design of the store in the US is complete garbage. Ive never been so infuriated before in my life but this new "design" is complete trash. It lags like no tomorrow, its hard to find anything, and also did you notice how unlike the layout for RB3 and RBN, RB1 DLC is sorted on a scroll list that is NOT searchable nor able to be filtered? I just got the three RB and all I want is to play the freakn Portal song on RB3. Guess I should just buy all the DLC from RB1 since its cheap as dirt and then export them into RB3. Gotta wait till the stupid export key is fixed though :/
  • Someguy12121Someguy12121 Unsigned
    edited January 2013
    hmxhenry;4952627 said:
    Check out the FAQ and walk through for export here: http://harmonixmusic.parature.com/ics/support/KBAnswer.asp?questionID=129&hitOffset=126+125+123+122+121+120+117+110+109+108+101+83+55+36+34+33+27+26+25+17+2&docID=341

If you're still having trouble you can submit a ticket through the same link.

At least ur online help system works. EA has massive issues with their online help site.
  • IcemageIcemage Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    Someguy12121;4965315 said:
    The new design of the store in the US is complete garbage. Ive never been so infuriated before in my life but this new "design" is complete trash. It lags like no tomorrow, its hard to find anything, and also did you notice how unlike the layout for RB3 and RBN, RB1 DLC is sorted on a scroll list that is NOT searchable nor able to be filtered? I just got the three RB and all I want is to play the freakn Portal song on RB3. Guess I should just buy all the DLC from RB1 since its cheap as dirt and then export them into RB3. Gotta wait till the stupid export key is fixed though :/
    DLC doesn't need to be exported. The moment you download and install any Rock Band DLC, it shows up in any Rock Band title that can use it (Rock Band 1, Rock Band 2, LEGO Rock Band, Green Day Rock Band, Rock Band 3, Rock Band Blitz).

Rock Band 1 is the only title that requires an export key to be purchased, and that only applies to the 55 songs that export from that disc. It doesn't affect any DLC whatsoever.