Rock Band Blitz - This Week's Tournaments

HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
edited February 2013 in Rock Band Blitz
I didn't see a thread in the Blitz section yet, so, here. I'll try to keep up with new tournaments that come out
DavidTLynchEsq;4976910 said:

NEW TOURNAMENTS - 1/31/13 to 2/6/13

...AND JUSTICE FOR ALL
by Metallica (no restrictions)

DEATH ON TWO LEGS (DEDICATED TO...)
by Queen (no restrictions)

DON'T TALK TO STRANGERS
by Rick Springfield (no restrictions)

Unlimited attempts. Tournaments end on February 6th (2/6/13) at 11:59 pm EST (23:59 EST). Good luck!

Comments

• HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited January 2013
    NEW TOURNAMENTS - 1/3/13 to 1/9/13

DON'T LET THE SUN GO DOWN ON ME
    by Elton John [WINNER: Ketchupyoshi57]

CHARLENE (I'M RIGHT BEHIND YOU)
    by Stephen and the Colberts [WINNER: MagnetRP]

SHOUT
    by Tears for Fears [WINNER: ZAGESAW]

Unlimited attempts. Tournaments end on January 9th (1/9/13) at 7pm EST (18:59 EST). Good luck!
  • edited January 2013
    Don't Let the Sun Go Down On Me is a pain in Blitz. You really have to baby sit those drums, bass, and guitar for the first bit of the song.
  • edited January 2013
    Congrats to current top scorers for being immortalized on Joystiq!

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/01/04/rock-band-blitz-hosting-tournaments/
  • runninbadrunninbad Unsigned
    edited January 2013
    After looking at the leaderboards and who's on top, I've already lost interest and I haven't even played one of the songs yet. I congratulate Magnet on his new $60 a week job. Seriously, I think it's awesome that he's this good at the game.
  • crash13crash13 Jiminy jillickers!
    edited January 2013
    Yeah, it's going to be the same guys (mainly Magnet) winning every week.
  • Epsilon82Epsilon82 Opening Act
    edited January 2013
    HMXPope;4957278 said:
    Congrats to current top scorers for being immortalized on Joystiq!

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/01/04/rock-band-blitz-hosting-tournaments/

Ha! Made it...barely.

I would like to say that I'm proud that my Shout score was achieved without using Pinball. That's going to be a rarity going forward.
  • horsepastriesahorsepastriesa Rising Star
    edited January 2013
    UUGGGHH

Only #25 on Charlene. This is bothering the donk out of me
  • Skippy DeluxeSkippy Deluxe Unsigned
    edited January 2013
    Epsilon82;4957836 said:
    Ha! Made it...barely.

I would like to say that I'm proud that my Shout score was achieved without using Pinball. That's going to be a rarity going forward.
    As was mine. It must have been a stroke of good luck though, I haven't been able to do nearly as well since. I'm fairly certain that you can't do much better without using Pinball. Unfortunately I just can't seem to bounce a Pinball long enough to make up for the points lost from missed overdrive, multipliers, etc. It's unfortunate, but because it's such a high variance power-up, the leaderboards are almost guaranteed to be dominated by whoever gets luckiest with Pinball. Still, kudos to those with fast enough reflexes to compete!
  • zage1337zage1337 Rising Star
    edited January 2013
    If the exact same players are going to win every week using the exact strategy that I know, then I will not be able to hold my temptation and contest ketchup and Magnet's victories. Despite being Canadian I don't think they should win every week especially when I know which exact method they are using.

I won't do anything to those songs this week but if this keeps going, I should be able to contest their scores and make them work harder for it. If a favorite song of mine is picked and my rank is taken then I shouldn't have to wait a whole week and just let them take my top spot before I can take it back.

I don't think the same 2 players should mop everyone else especially when there are other competitive players that don't live in the US.
  • HairlooksgreatHairlooksgreat Opening Act
    edited January 2013
    I don't have a problem with the same players winning every week. My hat is off to them for being the best. Tiger Woods and Roger Federer won on a pretty consistent basis because they were the best. The problem lies with HMX claim that nerfing Flames leveled the playing field. It didn't and probably expanded the divide between the best and the rest. The best will always be the best and I could never compete with them, but now I can't even compete with myself (unless the leaderboards are wiped).
    edited January 2013
    Well the Flame Nerf drove away a bunch of the top competitive players. MaximusDM, MasterMO..etc
    The US restriction prevents other top players from joining and competeting.(i.e. me) :(

The top scores on the tourney leaderboards are the remaining top players left. I thought this was for maximum participation. The flame note nerf and the US restriction did the exact opposite and drove away like 60-70% of the competition. The tourney should reflect the best players. Not the best players who live in a specific country and a playstyle that doesn't involve flame notes.

If you are really fine with Magnet and Ketchup winning over 20 posters and bags then leave how everything is right now.

You should check the scorehero blitz league. It had a lot more competitive players playing and it didn't even have prizes.
  • HairlooksgreatHairlooksgreat Opening Act
    edited January 2013
    The US restriction thing is really not HMX fault so I don't blame them for this. Or maybe you'd like them to have 196 different sets of rules and prizes. And if Ketchup and Magnet win every one, then yes, they are better than everyone else (in the US) and deserve it.

You can change the rules all you want, even deeming which Powerups can be used or limiting it to one attempt per person, and they will still be the best (in the US).

Tournaments are, by design, to show who's the best. The cream will always rise to the top
  • TheBrainTheBrain Unsigned
    edited January 2013
    It is a shame that it is US only, and I can accept that. It's not very nice that it is going to keep telling me about the tournament whenever I visit RockBand world, and that I can't find a way of making it go away - without clicking the box to say I am in the US.
  • krakronyz44krakronyz44 Unsigned
    edited January 2013
    how is the top score on charlene over 300,000? I can barely break 100k
    edited January 2013
    NEW TOURNAMENTS - 1/9/13 to 1/16/13

RAISE YOUR GLASS
    by P!nk (no restrictions) [WINNER: ZAGESAW]

HOLIDAY
    by Green Day (no restrictions) [WINNER: ketchupyoshi57]

HELENA
    by My Chemical Romance (no restrictions) [WINNER: ketchupyoshi57]

Unlimited attempts. Tournaments end on January 16th (1/16/13) at 11:59 pm EST (23:59 EST). Good luck!
  • edited January 2013
    They futzed with the timestamps on our servers so tomorrow's tournaments went up early! But they shouldn't be. So we're pulling them down till midnight. Yay?
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited January 2013
    edited January 2013
    Do you have any idea how badly you tarnish my work and dedication with your numerous missteps

The answer is 'insubstantially'. Actually I don't know if you can answer an adverb with an adverb
  • malkierikingmalkieriking Unsigned
    edited January 2013
    Also, do scores that were posted while the boards were up count?
  • Epsilon82Epsilon82 Opening Act
    edited January 2013
    krakronyz44;4960088 said:
    how is the top score on charlene over 300,000? I can barely break 100k

If you want to have a prayer at winning a prize, you have to use Pinball/Sync, and use it very effectively.

Or use whatever you want, laugh at how far away it will be from the top no matter how well you play, and hope that you're one of those randomly chosen.
  • HopeStillFliesHopeStillFlies Unsigned
    edited January 2013
    Is there going to be any sort of top 5/top 10 posting from past tournaments, similar in design to the leaderboards we follow on RBW during a tournament?

I was quite proud of my top 5 finish and wanted a way to keep it or share it.
  • KenjuanKenjuan Unsigned
    edited January 2013
    malkieriking;4961640 said:
    Also, do scores that were posted while the boards were up count?
    My scores from yesterday aren't currently displaying, so I guess not. :(
  • Ralphy2009Ralphy2009 Opening Act
    edited January 2013
    HopeStillFlies;4961873 said:
    Is there going to be any sort of top 5/top 10 posting from past tournaments, similar in design to the leaderboards we follow on RBW during a tournament?

I'd like this as well. Or at least show the people who got 1st and 2nd on each song since those are the prize winners and both deserve recognition.
    edited January 2013
    Well I gave it my all for Raise Your Glass. Good job ketchup and Magnet for destroying the other two songs.
    edited January 2013
    NEW TOURNAMENTS - 1/17/13 to 1/23/13

PARTY HARD
    by Andrew W.K. (no restrictions)

DIAMOND EYES (BOOM-LAY BOOM-LAY BOOM)
    by Shinedown (no restrictions)

SNOW ((HEY OH))
    by Red Hot Chili Peppers (no restrictions)

Unlimited attempts. Tournaments end on January 23rd (1/23/13) at 11:59 pm EST (23:59 EST). Good luck!
  • edited January 2013
    What would these restrictions be? Are they ever gonna use them?
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    edited January 2013
    cool I have all of these songs... I will enter this one even though I suck at blitz now that Flame Notes have been nerfed
    edited January 2013
    MagicMurderBag7;4966136 said:
    What would these restrictions be? Are they ever gonna use them?

Doubt it. I just write it as a suggestion to make restrictions at some point so it isn't the same three people every time
  • edited January 2013
    HeyRiles;4966146 said:
    Doubt it. I just write it as a suggestion to make restrictions at some point so it isn't the same three people every time

Yeah how many guitar cases and Blitz posters do that ketchup guy and Magnet need?
    edited January 2013
    played the three songs a couple of times. I think I did alright on them