Any good song suggestions?

Metal6987Metal6987 Unsigned
edited January 2013 in The Rock Band Network
I am a metal freak you know Metallca, Megadeth. I also am a child of the 80's-90's so do any of you have any suggestions for me to look for on RBN? I'm not looking for uber fast songs, ok maybe a few, but I am looking for something that has a good beat, is fun to play, and over all just a fun song.

Comments

• LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited December 2012
    If you're looking for 80's and 90's rock on the Rock Band Network, you're better off searching the "Official" Harmonix DLC instead. Unless you don't know the difference between RBN songs and regular DLC. In that case, lemme explain:

The Rock Band Network is a program created by Harmonix that allows actual musicians (and some kids with access to computers) to upload their own music onto the platform. They release them onto Xbox first, then if the songs sell well enough, can be ported onto the PS3. Note, though, that the Rock Band Network is no longer supported on Wii, if that's your console of choice.

Now as for suggestions, while most songs on the Rock Band Network are from relatively unknown artists, that doesn't mean they don't kick ass (in fact, a lot of them in my opinion kick a lot more ass than most popular artists). Some names you may know are on this list, as well as some obscure metal (not metalcore or death metal here. If you want some of that, I can make a great big ole list for you) that I've picked up that I find fun, if a bit challenging.

John Parr - St. Elmo's Fire (Man in Motion)
    Stan Bush - The Touch
    Third Eye Blind - Never Let You Go '09
    Third Eye Blind - Semi-Charmed Life '09
    Lich King - Act of War
    Holy Grail - Fight to Kill
    Majestic - Voodoo Treasure
    Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy
    Prototype - The Way It Ends
  • NumskullNumskull Road Warrior
    edited December 2012
    The Halcyon Way and Nevermore songs might be to your liking. Maybe Firewind, too.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited December 2012
    Also Over the Top by White Wizzard and Omega Wave by Forbidden. As far as 80'sish metal goes.
  • NightmareLyreNightmareLyre Rising Star
    edited December 2012
    If you like Thrash go check out the Evile songs, though they might be a tad to hard for the most part (same goes for "Betrayed" by Musica Diablo, awesome Thrash song but very hard). Can't come up with any suggestion for easy RBN Thrash Metal songs at the top of my head lol, sorry
  • NumskullNumskull Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    "Henchmen Ride" by Testament. Should've thought of that sooner. I've only played it on vocals but I'm sure it's very difficult on the other parts.
    edited January 2013
    Numskull;4954858 said:
    "Henchmen Ride" by Testament. Should've thought of that sooner. I've only played it on vocals but I'm sure it's very difficult on the other parts.

How on earth did I forget that one haha, yeah that one is a lot of fun, also not super crazy compared to a lot of other songs in it's genre
  • machetemonkeymachetemonkey Opening Act
    edited January 2013
    Definitely look into Halcyon Way. It has a very 80's-metal vibe, like Ozzy, Dio, etc. Riffy and soloy and melodic without being too difficult. Lots of fun, and lots of songs to pick from.
  • M_Robbins5M_Robbins5 Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    machetemonkey;4955058 said:
    Definitely look into Halcyon Way. It has a very 80's-metal vibe, like Ozzy, Dio, etc. Riffy and soloy and melodic without being too difficult. Lots of fun, and lots of songs to pick from.

I get more of an Iron Maiden vibe than a Dio or Ozzy vibe from them myself.
    edited January 2013
    M_Robbins5;4955225 said:
    I get more of an Iron Maiden vibe than a Dio or Ozzy vibe from them myself.

I get more a Judas Priest as played by a more mature version of 5 Finger Death Punch vibe myself
  • Metal6987Metal6987 Unsigned
    edited January 2013
    As you can tell I am new here to RB. I have many years of experience in the rhythm genre on expert, you know that other rythm game and I am able to hold my own. With that beeing said I'm not necessarily looking for easy songs by any means as I really do like a challenge. Though easy songs are fun every once in a while so I dont strum my arm off!! I have taken note of all your suggestions and I will definatly be checking them out. Keep them coming guys. I would like to build an expansive library of songs.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited January 2013
    You like Metal?

Then look no further than here :
    http://www.youtube.com/user/nlarimer?feature=mhee

Every song on our channel is available for the xbox 360, and a good chunk of them are for the PS3 as well.

Pound for pound we have more metal than uhmmmm...something that's not as metal as us :P
    edited January 2013
    Holy Crap!!!!!!!!!!!! You'll have to give me a second to pick my jaw up off the floor. I watched The Minotaur Project Shattered Sattelites and Brutal gods and i must say WOW!!!!!!! I will definatly be getting some of these songs. Thank You. :-)
  • meck77meck77 Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    just downloaded one new one by Mob Machine silence of a gun, alot of fun
  • GameMaster439GameMaster439 Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    Also most of the Devin Townsend aren't super ridiculous so those could be up your alley, also the 2 Five Finger Death Punch tracks we have are also really fun (we really need more of them).
    edited January 2013
    GameMaster439;4955715 said:
    Also most of the Devin Townsend aren't super ridiculous so those could be up your alley

This man speaks the truth!

Also Cynic seems to be pretty cool if you can handle some overly high falsetto vocals, though might be a bit to "young people music" sounding in the production. Kind of a wild card based on general opinion on that one.
    edited January 2013
    Thank you I already spent my points but I will keep all of these suggestions on my list. Suprisingly once I sat down and started to listen to the previews I was blown away by some of this RBN stuff. I thought for sure it would all be Screamin punch you in the face metal but there were a few that just blew me away with out being overly fast and I could actually understand what they were saying. You guys freakin rock!!!! :-)
  • ArcanonArcanon Rising Star
    edited January 2013
    Unlike TAG, we at Chart Toppers actually don't have much metal at all.

What we do have, however, is Winter Crescent. They draw influence from bands like Death, Nevermore and Fates Warning so if you like those you may like these guys.

Whatever songs off that album aren't in the game yet, will be. We should also be doing the second album whenever it's done, and I'm told it will be much more intense than anything off of Battle of Egos.

If you like it, tell the band. They love hearing from their fans.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited January 2013
    I also suggest looking up Alt Strum Productions releases as well. They have a massive amount of kick ass metal in the game as well.
  • ASPKevASPKev Opening Act
    edited January 2013
    Yes, if you want metal, we may just have what you're looking for. We've brought songs from the likes of Mastodon, Deadlock, Arkaea, Alestorm, Charlie Drown, Sonata Arctica, Thunder and Lightning, and so much more. Way too much more to list here!

You can check out and sort the songs we have here at our website (click "Genre" above the genre column to sort them all alphabetically by genre), or search Alt-StrumProductions at rbnreleases.com to see a full list of what we've brought.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited January 2013
    Arcanon;4955832 said:
    Unlike TAG, we at Chart Toppers actually don't have much metal at all.

What we do have, however, is Winter Crescent. They draw influence from bands like Death, Nevermore and Fates Warning so if you like those you may like these guys.

Whatever songs off that album aren't in the game yet, will be. We should also be doing the second album whenever it's done, and I'm told it will be much more intense than anything off of Battle of Egos.

If you like it, tell the band. They love hearing from their fans.

This is one of the second reason i love you guys, you showed me this band.
    You know the first reason ;)
  • b4mvb4mv Opening Act
    edited January 2013
    Iunno what you're into, but The Agonist - Thank You, Pain is probably one of my favorite metal songs to play.
    edited January 2013
    I have spent much time browsig the catalog on RBN and I must say ther are some very talented autors out there. You guys have put alot of time and effort into your craft and for that I commend you. Keep them coming guys/gals. Good work!!! :-)
  • J-Roc-DrumzJ-Roc-Drumz Rising Star
    edited January 2013
    You might like this band's stuff. Their songs are only 80 points too.

Strikken - The Final Act
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cwh8GirhFzY
  • NirvaniacNirvaniac Unsigned
    edited January 2013
    Judas Priest or Anthrax will do.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited January 2013
    Nirvaniac;4959498 said:
    Judas Priest or Anthrax will do.

This is a guy asking for recommended Rock Band Network tracks, not any plain ol' DLC.
  • grace_pressuregrace_pressure Opening Act
    edited January 2013
    My wife and I like the All That Remains songs on RBN, but they're more modern-sounding. Mystakin and Bluefusion also have some darn good instrumentals. Though they're alternative, maybe you should also check out Drugstore Fanatics, who are very quality.
  • NirvaniacNirvaniac Unsigned
    edited January 2013
    LiveHomeVideo;4959809 said:
    This is a guy asking for recommended Rock Band Network tracks, not any plain ol' DLC.

Ahhhh, well he's been asking for 80s metal, and I wasn't sure if there's any of that in the RBN.
  • AlternityAlternity Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    If you like prog metal, Andromeda is a pretty good bet. If you play guitar it's melodic, if you play drums it's technical, and if you play keys well, good luck.
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited January 2013
    DragoonXD;4954796 said:
    Over the Top by White Wizzard
    I'm not a big metal fan, and this song is pretty cool.

Also, try anything by Alestorm. Pirate Metal!
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited January 2013
    Bront20;4960769 said:
    I'm not a big metal fan, and this song is pretty cool.

Also, try anything by Alestorm. Pirate Metal!

I agree on Alestorm, they are unique compared to the other metal on the RBN.
    They also kind of throw some older metal sounds into their songs in parts.