Your firsts of 2013

SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
edited January 2013 in Less Rokk More Talk
List any and all firsts for the new year!

First song played in Rock Band 3: "A-Punk" by Vampire Weekend (going alphabetically through Lego songs for RB World goal).

First PS3 trophy earned: "Krogan Ally" in Mass Effect

First lunch eaten: Birdseye Cheddar Broccoli and a Hot Pocket

First movie watched: The Godfather (I've seen this movie well over 100 times and I still can't get enough of it)

First grammar Nazi moment: See below.

First blog post: this'un

will add more as they happen :p

Comments

  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited January 2013
    Munnchy;4955145 said:
    First breakfast eaten: Bacon and egg sandwiches (Recovery food, hangovers! :( )

    Did you just stumble upon that as your hangover cure? Because that's totally the best cure for a hangover, according to science.

    Mine was lunch and not breakfast because, well, I slept until 1pm :p
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited January 2013
    The real best cure for a hangover is to never stop drinking!

    My first lunch was corndogs. My first breakfast will probably not happen for months.
  • rkbdgurlrkbdgurl Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    first thing I did was replace my RB3 pro drums, as I blew out the yellow pad last night 2012. Fortunatly, I have a friend who had a set of RB3 drums they were given without the dongle ( therefore they could never use) anyway, they very generously gave them to me, and I hooked em up first thing. they work perfectly. YAY. that was a close one. What started out as a horrible New Years Eve, ended up being a great beginning to the New Year. =)
  • MunnchyMunnchy Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    SheSaidSheSaid;4955147 said:
    Did you just stumble upon that as your hangover cure? Because that's totally the best cure for a hangover, according to science.

    Mine was lunch and not breakfast because, well, I slept until 1pm :p
    I've been doing this for years. Bacon and egg sandwiches are a god send the night after. If I don't have either in the house, I don't go out. Simple :)

    I would have slept in, but the people I drank with last night decided to wake me up before noon. I was not amused ¬_¬
    www1221;4955148 said:
    The real best cure for a hangover is to never stop drinking!
    This is a close second.
    rkbdgurl;4955150 said:
    first thing I did was replace my RB3 pro drums, as I blew out the yellow pad last night 2012. Fortunatly, I have a friend who had a set of RB3 drums they were given without the dongle ( therefore they could never use) anyway, they very generously gave them to me, and I hooked em up first thing. they work perfectly. YAY. that was a close one. What started out as a horrible New Years Eve, ended up being a great beginning to the New Year. =)
    I wish I had generous friends who like Rock Band. I need a new set :/
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited January 2013
    First song played in RB3: P!nk - "Sober"
    First song played in Blitz: No Doubt - "Ex-Girlfriend"
  • MunnchyMunnchy Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    grumblevolcano;4955152 said:
    First song played in RB3: P!nk - "Sober"
    How ironic :P
  • rkbdgurlrkbdgurl Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    Munnchy;4955151 said:

    I wish I had generous friends who like Rock Band. I need a new set :/

    I used to help people hunt for RB drums...it's gotten really hard to find rockband gear anywhere, and so expensive. This was a situation of knowing they had the drums, and the fact that they don't play RB anymore....which makes me sad, but it did work out to my advantage. I would have happily paid for them. they wouldn't let me.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited January 2013
    First sickness: stomachache
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited January 2013
    Munnchy;4955153 said:
    How ironic :P

    No, it would be ironic if that was your first song, played while plastered. The fact that it came up is maybe an amusing coincidence, but it is not irony.

    People need to (re-)learn what that word actually means :\
  • MunnchyMunnchy Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    rkbdgurl;4955160 said:
    I used to help people hunt for RB drums...it's gotten really hard to find rockband gear anywhere, and so expensive. This was a situation of knowing they had the drums, and the fact that they don't play RB anymore....which makes me sad, but it did work out to my advantage. I would have happily paid for them. they wouldn't let me.
    So you helped the community and they gave back then? Maybe you could help the community again *hint, hint* and wait for another gifted instrument :P

    I like how they refused to let you pay. Couldn't you have thrown the money at them and run?
    SheSaidSheSaid;4955173 said:
    No, it would be ironic if that was your first song, played while plastered. The fact that it came up is maybe an amusing coincidence, but it is not irony.

    People need to (re-)learn what that word actually means :\
    I have never been good with words and their meanings. I need to go back to school, clearly.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited January 2013
    SheSaidSheSaid;4955173 said:
    No, it would be ironic if that was your first song, played while plastered. The fact that it came up is maybe an amusing coincidence, but it is not irony.

    People need to (re-)learn what that word actually means :\

    It would've been ironic if grumblevolcano was drunk while playing it, which is a reasonable assumption considering the amount of alcohol that is ordinarily consumed by people on New Year's Eve

    So I like to think that he understands what irony means just fine
  • MunnchyMunnchy Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    Henry_Sardonicus;4955202 said:
    "This content it currently unavailable"....

    ... What is it?
    HeyRiles;4955198 said:
    It would've been ironic if grumblevolcano was drunk while playing it, which is a reasonable assumption considering the amount of alcohol that is ordinarily consumed by people on New Year's Eve

    So I like to think that he understands what irony means just fine
    Thanks riles! :D

    However, I have no idea how old grumble is, or what he did for new years, so SSSS is right. I did use it wrong :( I'd like to think he was at least tipsy while playing sober... Singing of course.
  • Henry_SardonicusHenry_Sardonicus Rising Star
    edited January 2013
    Munnchy;4955205 said:
    "This content it currently unavailable"....

    ... What is it?
    Picture of me and Adam Savage from Mythbusters. He and my dad are friends.
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited January 2013
    HeyRiles;4955198 said:
    It would've been ironic if grumblevolcano was drunk while playing it, which is a reasonable assumption considering the amount of alcohol that is ordinarily consumed by people on New Year's Eve

    So I like to think that he understands what irony means just fine

    But grumble is also 12 or something. I think it would be safe to assume he wasnt drunk since he didnt mention a word about it.
  • MunnchyMunnchy Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    Henry_Sardonicus;4955219 said:
    Picture of me and Adam Savage from Mythbusters. He and my dad are friends.

    That's awesome! What a way to start the year!
  • nascargo19nascargo19 Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    First song played in RB3 - Call Me Maybe on pro keys
    First new FC - Green Day - "Last of the American Girls"
    first tweet
    First thing I ate - Pizza
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited January 2013
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited January 2013
    www1221;4955273 said:

    zat the new Rebecca Black single?
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited January 2013
    SheSaidSheSaid;4955281 said:
    zat the new Rebecca Black single?

    could be

    buts its my denial of New Years being an actual holiday. Like in this tweet as well.
  • edited January 2013
    www1221;4955230 said:
    But grumble is also 12 or something. I think it would be safe to assume he wasnt drunk since he didnt mention a word about it.

    I think he's in college. That's one smart 12 year old.
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited January 2013
    MagicMurderBag7;4955339 said:
    I think he's in college. That's one smart 12 year old.

    He also lives in England or something. Who knows what crazy stuff they do there.
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited January 2013
    First song played: "Party Hard" by Andrew W.K.
    First gold star/FC: "Flightless Bird, American Mouth" by Iron & Wine on bass
    First song played on iPod: "Purple Haze" by The Jimi Hendrix Experience
    First album heard: Backspacer by Pearl Jam
    First CD heard: Fly By Night by Rush
    First vinyl record heard: Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy by Elton John
    First beverage drank: Mountain Dew Code Red
    First food eaten: Chicken McNuggets
    First forum post: This one.
    First Achievement Unlocked: "When You Wish Upon a Star" from Disney Epic Mickey 2
    First TV show watched: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
    First YouTube video watched: Boy Meets World season 4 theme
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited January 2013
    First breakfast: chocolate chip pancakes
    First dinner: lasagna
    First movie: Tower Heist
    First game played: The Walking Dead
    First thing read: an old issue of Entertainment Weekly that was sitting on my coffee table
    First actual book read: A Working Theory of Love by Scott Hutchins
    First TV show watched: Boy Meets World
  • MunnchyMunnchy Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    www1221;4955348 said:
    He also lives in England or something. Who knows what crazy stuff they do there.

    I know! :D It's crazy 24/7
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited January 2013
    MagicMurderBag7;4955339 said:
    I think he's in college. That's one smart 12 year old.

    I'm 20 and I don't drink.
  • MunnchyMunnchy Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    Thanks grumble :) There we have it folks. He's much older than you guys thought he was, and wasn't drunk in the slightest on new years.

    The use of ironic was wrong, just mere coincidence. First mystery solved?
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited January 2013
    And, of course, I'm 26 (going on 27) and all I drink is iced tea, milk, and lemon-lime soda :p The notion that "everybody drinks on New Year's Eve" is quite foolish.
  • MunnchyMunnchy Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    Drinking isn't for everyone of course. I'd be happy living off those three drinks tbh.

    I did, technically, play my first game of beer pong this year. But instead of beer, we used spirits... I suck at beer pong!
  • GreatJedi7GreatJedi7 Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    First song: Eden by Tesseract
    First game: Portal 2
    First song played on real drums: Hot Grills and High Tops / Stick Stickly by Attack Attack!
    First song played on real guitar: Believe by Yellowcard
    First food: Probably a leftover christmas cookie
    First drink: Root beer
Sign In or Register to comment.