Tournament problems?

malkierikingmalkieriking Unsigned
edited January 2013 in Rock Band Blitz
I saw the tournaments go up earlier today and I was able to get to the top of the leaderboards on two of the songs (I was about to buy the Elton John song as well). However, it seems that the tournament leaderboards on RBW have disappeared for the last few hours. Is this just a small fix, or are you pulling the tournaments for another week? I'm a bit confused and I was pretty happy with the scores I was able to put up for both Shout and Charlene.

Comments

• nunchuck charlienunchuck charlie Opening Act
    edited January 2013
    They have been having problems... it was pulled last week because of a scoring problem.
  • malkierikingmalkieriking Unsigned
    edited January 2013
    They seem to have gone up again. Sorry for the confusion, it just happened that they were down for multiple hours last night (and ketchup seems to have beaten both of my scores anyways, lol).
  • Epsilon82Epsilon82 Opening Act
    edited January 2013
    It seems highly likely that these Tournaments will ultimately be dominated by skilled Pinball/Sync players, as those generally are the only combos that can consistently generate really high scores at the moment.

But here's a tip for Shout. This is the same as the general advice for gold-starring the song, of course, but just keep in mind that Jackpot on the long guitar sustains later in the song can bank you TONS of points for just holding down two buttons. I was able to get 3rd on the Tournament board at the time of this writing using Jackpot/Blast/Super Guitar. Just focus on leveling the tracks as best as possible and then take every opportunity you can to have Jackpot active on the guitar sustains, even before the solo.

Once you get to the latter stages of the song, stop worrying too much about leveling the tracks and focus as much as possible on the Sustains. Chase overdrive as much as possible between sustains, and rinse and repeat.

Just wanted to give a tip for people who may want to try competing in Tournaments but don't want to have to use that abomination of a powerup known as Pinball to do it. This song, at least, has a viable alternative to a pretty darn good score (mine was good for #9 on the PSN leaderboard and beat out my previous Jack/Flame run.)
  • HopeStillFliesHopeStillFlies Unsigned
    edited January 2013
    For what it's worth, Epsilon82's advice works well for Shout. I ran Jackpot/Blast Notes/Super Guitar and pulled fifth with 688,506.
  • Epsilon82Epsilon82 Opening Act
    edited January 2013
    HopeStillFlies;4961879 said:
    For what it's worth, Epsilon82's advice works well for Shout. I ran Jackpot/Blast Notes/Super Guitar and pulled fifth with 688,506.
    Glad it helped!

Unfortunately, I think Shout is a bit of an outlier because of having lots of really valuable sustains late in a longer song with high multipliers. I don't think conventional combos are going to be even remotely competitive against Pinball/Sync on very many songs with the game in the state it currently is.
  • HopeStillFliesHopeStillFlies Unsigned
    edited January 2013
    Epsilon82;4961945 said:
    Glad it helped!

Unfortunately, I think Shout is a bit of an outlier because of having lots of really valuable sustains late in a longer song with high multipliers. I don't think conventional combos are going to be even remotely competitive against Pinball/Sync on very many songs with the game in the state it currently is.

Certainly. This is already proving the case with, say, Holiday. I can gold star it with that combo, but not much else.

I hate having to rely exclusively on Pinball. I do wish I practised with it more pre tournament though.