RBN DLC Discussion: 1/3 (Xbox 360), 1/8 (PS3)

HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
edited January 2013 in The Rock Band Network
Xbox 360 RBN Releases for Thursday, 1/3/2013:

Glam
ANKST – “Monument” (80 MSP)

Metal
All Shall Perish – “In This Life of Pain” (160 MSP)
Ava Inferi – “The Living End” (160 MSP)
My Ruin – “Highly Explosive” (80 MSP)
Sacred Mother Tongue – “Two Thousand Eight Hundred” (80 MSP)

PS3 RBN Releases for Tuesday, 1/8/2013 (North America) and 1/9/2013 (Europe):

Chaotrope - "The Hourglass Paroxysm - Part I" ($0.99), Metal
Chaotrope - "The Hourglass Paroxysm - Part II" ($0.99), Metal
Christina Marie Magenta - "Cold" ($1.99), Pop/Dance/Electronic
Deception of a Ghost - "These Voices" ($1.99), Metal
Halcyon Way - "Inversion" ($0.99), Metal
Halcyon Way - "The Age of Betrayal" ($0.99), Metal
Halcyon Way - "IndoctriNation" ($0.99), Metal
The Hamster Alliance (ft. The Giant Bomb Crew) - "Giant Bombstep: Reloaded" ($0.99), Pop/Dance/Electronic
Kink Ador - "Animal" ($1.99), Rock
Pythia - "Just a Lie" ($1.99), Metal
Steve Pardo - "This War Will Never Start" ($0.99), Indie Rock
Sweethammer - "Robots" ($0.99), Pop/Dance/Electronic
Tina Guo - "Forbidden City" ($1.99), Metal
We Set The Sun - "Cody" ($1.99), Metal
B.et.a and The Neon Panthers - "Queendom" ($1.99), Pop/Dance/Electronic (delayed to January 16 in Europe only)

Comments

• NightmareLyreNightmareLyre Rising Star
    edited January 2013
    That's... a bit of a disappointing list for the PS3 ports IMO, but yay Forbidden City!

Also confused about the delayed in Europe note at the end, is that for the last song only or for the entire bunch, and if so why is the header saying 1/9/2013 still?
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited January 2013
    Wow a lot of misses for me out of 15 songs.
    Ill get Chaotrope (maybe), Halcyon (maybe), Hamster Alliance, Tina Guo, Steve Pardo, We Set the Sun and a couple others maybe.
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    NightmareLyre;4956206 said:
    That's... a bit of a disappointing list for the PS3 ports IMO, but yay Forbidden City!

Also confused about the delayed in Europe note at the end, is that for the last song only or for the entire bunch, and if so why is the header saying 1/9/2013 still?

And I'm slightly confused by the XBox releases, there's songs that cleared quarantine earlier in the week that aren't on the list.
    edited January 2013
    FairwoodStudios;4956212 said:
    And I'm slightly confused by the XBox releases, there's songs that cleared quarantine earlier in the week that aren't on the list.

Oh yeah, you are right... I am pretty sure KITTY! was going to be released this week at least from us at FiG
  • edfrank_jredfrank_jr Opening Act
    edited January 2013
    Wow! 15 songs on PS3 and apparently nothing for me. I'll give a listen on some songs.
    edited January 2013
    NightmareLyre;4956218 said:
    Oh yeah, you are right... I am pretty sure KITTY! was going to be released this week at least from us at FiG

Yea, and we got the clear on Sober Up last night, and a few others cleared earlier today.
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    edited January 2013
    Hmmm... Unfortunately nothing is to my liking for PS3 this time. Will check back again next week. Keep on keeping on RBN!
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited January 2013
    edfrank_jr;4956222 said:
    Wow! 15 songs on PS3 and apparently nothing for me. I'll give a listen on some songs.
    Yeah, RBN for PS3 hasn't been delivering anything I really want for a while. I'm about ready to give up requesting.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited January 2013
    9/15 are metal (well chaotrope isn't metal but that still makes it 7 :P)
  • nascargo19nascargo19 Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    W00T!!! Two more Chaotrope.

I guess it's like that Meatloaf song says, 2 out of 15 ain't bad.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited January 2013
    edfrank_jr;4956222 said:
    Wow! 15 songs on PS3 and apparently nothing for me.

Yup, same here. I see nothing for me in that list. Massively disappointed that "The Distance" remains unported. Weren't the first two DF songs popular?
  • Groudon199Groudon199 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
    edited January 2013
    Got everything except "In This Life of Pain" and "Highly Explosive".

Had there been a release last week, this week would have been the first time I'd have 100% of the new songs (even with the 2 songs that didn't get a store release today).
  • DavyinaTogaDavyinaToga Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    No love from the players for Robots? For shame... :(
    edited January 2013
    DavyinaToga;4956334 said:
    No love from the players for Robots? For shame... :(

I am actually planing to pick that up so all hope is not lost hehe
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    edited January 2013
    the only song I got was ANKST – “Monument”...

amazing song any Xbox players should get it
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited January 2013
    Here's vids for the two songs we had release this week :
    Highly Explosive by My Ruin :
    http://youtu.be/Y6fmoThojo8

The Living End by Ava Inferi :
    http://youtu.be/yFkwl7hy2i8
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited January 2013
    Here's gameplay vids for our PS3 brethren for our songs that are releasing on Tuesday for the PS3 :

Halcyon Way - The Age of Betrayal :
    http://youtu.be/ggTf_RLkqjM

Halcyon Way - Inversion :
    http://youtu.be/0VtN-1xg2QU

Halcyon Way - Indoctrination :
    http://youtu.be/01lrUBwAXTQ

Sweethammer - Robots :
    http://youtu.be/u8_O8ZskeCM
  • TheOzoneTheOzone Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    For your consideration...

"Monument" by ANKST
    RB3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ft4vvzl-3I
    Blitz: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZkRrp-PIp4

And coming to PS3 next week:

"Giant Bombstep: Reloaded" by The Hamster Alliance (ft. The Giant Bomb Crew)
    RB3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXJQ_8IHwCY
    Blitz: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TE_Y87yNxDw
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited January 2013
    Bront20;4956262 said:
    Yeah, RBN for PS3 hasn't been delivering anything I really want for a while. I'm about ready to give up requesting.
    BachiG;4956256 said:
    Hmmm... Unfortunately nothing is to my liking for PS3 this time. Will check back again next week. Keep on keeping on RBN!
    Wouldn't these be the songs that Lachesis said were planned further in advance than usual? Actual catching up on requests will still happen gradually I suppose?
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    edited January 2013
    9/15 of the songs are metal. That being said, there is some metal I like, but Chaotrope and Halcyon Way don't do it for me.

Will Harmonix ever port over the remaining two songs by an Unkindness to the PS3?
    ("Fragments" & "Words Cannot Express")

We manage to get 2 versions of Fur Elise (which are totally instrumental), and i've lost count of all the Chaotrope, Halcyon Way and other tracks that get ported over from other artists that already have heaps of songs on the PS3, please at least bring "Fragments" onto the PS3. Pleeeease!
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    Well, damn, after a year of requesting I finally got Christina Marie Magenta. I'm grateful. Plus, three Halcyon Way songs!
  • HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
    edited January 2013
    NightmareLyre;4956206 said:

Last song only.

Sorry for the slow responses - I've been killer sick for the last three days.
    edited January 2013
    FairwoodStudios;4956212 said:

Send me an email if your songs are affected or you know any songs offhand that are. I can't promise to get to it before Monday but I'll absolutely look into it.
    edited January 2013
    HMXLachesis;4957737 said:
    Last song only.

Sorry for the slow responses - I've been killer sick for the last three days.

Ah good to know, and best of wishes for a quick recovery to you
    edited January 2013
    LuigiHann;4956899 said:
    Wouldn't these be the songs that Lachesis said were planned further in advance than usual? Actual catching up on requests will still happen gradually I suppose?
    Some of my requested songs haven't made it over in over a year. I was aware a few new songs weren't going to come over (I've helped spread that word), I'm just getting tired of not getting a few songs I've really wanted in over for over a year.

I actually went and checked my history with song requests as well. According to Rockbandscores.com, A majority of songs I've requested have a better play ratio than most RBN songs (usually the ratio is 2.5 360 plays to 1 PSN play, many songs I've requested are closer to 1.5 360 plays to 1 PSN play, with at least 1 that's nearly 1:1). Then again, that doesn't mean it will continue.

I've ultimately not been hugely thrilled with RBN of late. Though I do also credit that with being busy enough where I don't get a chance to preview a lot of songs.
    edited January 2013
    HMXLachesis;4957737 said:
    I've been killer sick for the last three days.
    FYI, in perspective, this is the worst news in the thread. Get better.
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    edited January 2013
    Out of the 15 posted, the only one i'll be buying is actually the last one (which won't be out til a week later). It's disappointing to me when I request only a couple of songs, and they never make it over. The same thing happened with the RBN 1.0 tracks.... I really wanted "Dance Floor" by Apples In Stereo and "How We Operate" by Gomez, but instead, there was more metal than anything else ported over in those last few weeks.

I often wonder what their selection process is. When I see so many songs from one artist, or a bunch of instrumental tracks that don't even have parts for all of the instruments, I really struggle to understand how or why these tracks are chosen over others.

I know it's all subjective and I obviously have very different tastes to others that play the game, and since I prefer vocals, it's important to me that they're singable to be enjoyable, but that's just me.

Anyway, if they ever add "Fragments" and "Words Cannot Express" by an Unkindness, that'd certainly make my year.

Oh, and get well soon HMXLachesis!
  • machetemonkeymachetemonkey Opening Act
    edited January 2013
    Graffin;4960139 said:
    Out of the 15 posted, the only one i'll be buying is actually the last one (which won't be out til a week later). It's disappointing to me when I request only a couple of songs, and they never make it over. The same thing happened with the RBN 1.0 tracks.... I really wanted "Dance Floor" by Apples In Stereo and "How We Operate" by Gomez, but instead, there was more metal than anything else ported over in those last few weeks.

I often wonder what their selection process is. When I see so many songs from one artist, or a bunch of instrumental tracks that don't even have parts for all of the instruments, I really struggle to understand how or why these tracks are chosen over others.

I know it's all subjective and I obviously have very different tastes to others that play the game, and since I prefer vocals, it's important to me that they're singable to be enjoyable, but that's just me.

Anyway, if they ever add "Fragments" and "Words Cannot Express" by an Unkindness, that'd certainly make my year.

Oh, and get well soon HMXLachesis!

Sales. What sells well on the Xbox is one of the bigger factors (albeit far from the only factor) in determining what ports over. Hard songs tend to sell well, and metal/instrumental songs tend to be hard.

Hence why you get a bunch of Chaotrope ported over.

You might see a lot of one artist because that artist consistently sells well on the 360.
    edited January 2013
    machetemonkey;4960140 said:
    Sales. What sells well on the Xbox is one of the bigger factors (albeit far from the only factor) in determining what ports over. Hard songs tend to sell well, and metal/instrumental songs tend to be hard.

Hence why you get a bunch of Chaotrope ported over.

You might see a lot of one artist because that artist consistently sells well on the 360.

To expand on this, here's what I've observed as the hierarchy:

- Sales
    - Predicted sales
    - Requests
    - Diversity

Which means, songs that sell well on XBox are most of the ports (as machete mentioned). Next largest group is songs that may not have sold as well on XBox (though they didn't sell poorly), but because PS3's audience is a little different, will probably sell just as well there. Then it's stuff that probably wouldn't sell as well based on data, but has plenty of requests. The smallest group are those that aren't big hits, and really wouldn't be expected to be huge, but they fill some under-served niche or category that helps to round out RBN and possibly discover some angle that PS3 loves more than XBox.

I base this off some on-and-off conversation with Lachesis over the years (read: me begging for ports), and my absolute shock at some of our songs getting ported over.
    edited January 2013
    Thanks for the get well wishes, gang! I've been back in the office since yesterday, and things are getting better, although I'm still quarantined and under orders not to breathe on people (mostly from anyone who has to share a meeting room with me.)

Trivia: if we released songs strictly based on Xbox 360 sales, then we would release 6 non-metal songs and 44 metal songs between January 15 and March 19.