Official Discussion: DLC Week of 1/8 - 3 Blitz Tracks Being Released as Singles

edited January 2013 in Rock Band
hmxhenry;4954422 said:

Additionally, “Foster The People Pack 01” will be available, which bundles “Pumped Up Kicks” along with the previously released Foster the People tracks “Helena Beat” and “Don’t Stop (Color on the Walls)”!

Available on Xbox 360, Wii, and PlayStation®3 system (January 8th, 2013):

• Foster the People – “Pumped Up Kicks” O

• Foo Fighters – “These Days”

• Maroon 5 ft. Christina Aguilera – “Moves Like Jagger “ O

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system January 9th)

Price:

$5.49, £3.19 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points, 550 Wii Points™) for the “Foster the People Pack 01”
$1.99 USD, £1.19 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points ™, 200 Wii Points™) per song

Tracks marked with “O” feature support for keyboards.

** Dates and Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

These are the 3 Blitz tracks we'll be releasing as singles DLC next week. For more info on the expected roll out of Blitz tracks and plans for upcoming DLC, check out this announcement thread.

Comments

• edited January 2013
    hmxhenry;4954423 said:
    2013 is here! To kick off the new year, we have 15 new RBN releases on the PS3, including songs by Pythia, Tina Guo, and Harmonix’s own Steve Pardo, and 5 new releases for Xbox 360.

Here are the Rock Band Network tracks that him Xbox 360 on Thursday, 1/3/2013:

Glam

ANKST – “Monument” (80 MSP)

Metal

All Shall Perish – “In This Life of Pain” (160 MSP)
    Ava Inferi – “The Living End” (160 MSP)
    My Ruin – “Highly Explosive” (80 MSP)
    Sacred Mother Tongue – “Two Thousand Eight Hundred” (80 MSP)

And here are the PS3 RBN Releases for Tuesday, 1/8/2013 (North America) and 1/9/2013 (Europe):

Chaotrope - "The Hourglass Paroxysm - Part I" ($0.99), Metal
    Chaotrope - "The Hourglass Paroxysm - Part II" ($0.99), Metal
    Christina Marie Magenta - "Cold" ($1.99), Pop/Dance/Electronic
    Deception of a Ghost - "These Voices" ($1.99), Metal
    Halcyon Way - "Inversion" ($0.99), Metal
    Halcyon Way - "The Age of Betrayal" ($0.99), Metal
    Halcyon Way - "IndoctriNation" ($0.99), Metal
    The Hamster Alliance (ft. The Giant Bomb Crew) - "Giant Bombstep: Reloaded" ($0.99), Pop/Dance/Electronic
    Kink Ador - "Animal" ($1.99), Rock
    Pythia - "Just a Lie" ($1.99), Metal
    Steve Pardo - "This War Will Never Start" ($0.99), Indie Rock
    Sweethammer - "Robots" ($0.99), Pop/Dance/Electronic
    Tina Guo - "Forbidden City" ($1.99), Metal
    We Set The Sun - "Cody" ($1.99), Metal
    B.et.a and The Neon Panthers - "Queendom" ($1.99), Pop/Dance/Electronic (delayed to January 16 in Europe only)
    And here's the RBN releases, including a backlog of PS3 releases to catch up on the missed holiday weeks.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited January 2013
    Uh, gonna have to call either this or RB Blitz release week the weekly HMX DLC streak-breaker. Can't have it both ways!
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited January 2013
    Just be thankful that the option to buy something is still there, and there will always be next week!
  • HetzHetz Rising Star
    edited January 2013
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited January 2013
    Uh oh.

This means probably no Maroon 5 pack and no "Houdini".

And also, may I point your attention to the place in the OP where it says that they will be releasing more Blitz singles next week as well.

Kind of a huge bummer for those of us who own Blitz, but congrats to every one else! A great week to catch up on past weeks.
  • MileycyrussouljaMileycyrussoulja Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    Pumped Up Kicks, hell yes!

Now I just need Shout and my 2 favorite Blitz tracks will be released!
  • NightmareLyreNightmareLyre Rising Star
    edited January 2013
    inb4THEBOTTOMOFTHEBARRELWEWILLALLDIE

On a different note, if you are only releasing these as a pack right now what are you going to do with the ones that is already a pack on the Wii?
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited January 2013
  • edited January 2013
    Yikes. You guys are just trying to get me to buy that Bob Marley pack now.

Well Great Balls of Fire by Jerry Lee Lewis and Ordinary Objects by Dance for the Dying will likely both be out next Thursday so it's all good :)
    edited January 2013
    Hetz;4956774 said:
    Is this a joke?

Nope. As Lowlander points out, though, there'll be more DLC next week--it's not like they're stopping DLC forever or anything.
  • randracrandrac Opening Act
    edited January 2013
    Wow. Okay, I was wrong. I am both surprised and disappointed. Nothing new at all this week, and the RBN releases for PS3 didn't even include either of the John Parr songs. Three weeks of DLC coming at once to us, and absolutely nothing I care to download.
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    edited January 2013
    This, combined with the Blitz faupaux is surely the appocolypse the Mayan's were referring to.
  • EpidehlEpidehl Opening Act
    edited January 2013
    Kinda glad PS3 had the delay, since I'll be getting 3 songs through that. Also might get the Giant Bombstep thing through RBN.
  • CroqCroq Opening Act
    edited January 2013
    So, for everyone that already has Rock Band Blitz, they get nothing new this week. That's just sad. And based on the announcement, it looks like next week is going to be the same...
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited January 2013
    LoopyChew;4956782 said:
    Nope. As Lowlander points out, though, there'll be more DLC next week--it's not like they're stopping DLC forever or anything.

I was kinda sorta maybe being facetious.

Blunt question I ask of authority right now: how many weeks of these?

EDIT: Okay, so there's definitely one more next week. Okay, second question: Pro.
  • jeronemitchelljeronemitchell Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    Not unlike the Green Day week, is there a way something could be moved up to next week so there is SOMETHING non-Blitz?
  • Groudon199Groudon199 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
    edited January 2013
    Yet another first: First time I get 0/0 new songs in a week.
  • Mega-TallicaMega-Tallica Washed Up
    edited January 2013
    This weeks grade of DLC gets an F.

Bad call HMX, bad call... if you're going to release the Blitz tracks either spread them out with new tracks as well each week (like it has been, not my cup of tea, but acceptable) or release the whole soundtrack one week, which is what should have been done in the first place btw, and get it over with, not like this. This is the equivalent of just throwing a week away, just flat out awful.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited January 2013
    Thanks for continuing to put out weekly content despite the holidays. I know it's tough around this time of the year, and even though I already own Blitz, it's good that there's still stuff coming out that some people want/need.

There's always next week, and I've got a ton of stuff in my existing library to keep me busy until then!
  • HetzHetz Rising Star
    edited January 2013
    LoopyChew;4956782 said:

Yeah, I know....it's just sad that DLC has fallen so far off from 2011. We now get three old tracks from summer released as DLC and they call it good. *sigh* It's just getting pretty sad now. Maybe it's time to move on and just "Old Yeller" this game and call it a day if DLC is really that un-profitable or the well has really run that dry and they are resorting to this now.
  • SpidermaniacSpidermaniac Opening Act
    edited January 2013
    LoopyChew;4956771 said:
    Uh, gonna have to call either this or RB Blitz release week the weekly HMX DLC streak-breaker. Can't have it both ways!

Hate to say it, but I gotta agree here. It was an impressive streak with a couple of close calls (Incubus 1 song week and the Green Day: RB singles week with only 1 new song). It was an unprecidented and historic streak, but Dimaggio just hit into a double play to end it.

Oh well, here's hoping next week starts a new streak that lasts just as long.
  • striderblackstriderblack Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    I had forgotten that those 2 FTP songs were released before Pumped Up Kicks...honestly thought it was new DLC. I'm losing it!
  • bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    edited January 2013
    On your marks... Get Set...
  • MileycyrussouljaMileycyrussoulja Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    Sigh, why do people need to be so negative about this DLC? I'm a Wii user and I'm sure glad they're releasing the Blitz tracks for us.
    edited January 2013
    Strangely, I think I would've found it more palatable if they moved "Tonight Tonight" over to this week instead of capping off last year.
  • runninbadrunninbad Unsigned
    edited January 2013
    The streak is over. Long live the streak.
  • zecruzzecruz Unsigned
    edited January 2013
    i gotta agree, its getting sad getting the BIG Rock Band Blitz game launch, just do deliver the tracks one by one as DLC 1 month later....

maybe the end is near, because these last Blitz re-launch bullcrap is just... crap :P

lol
  • Dr. ParaDr. Para Opening Act
    edited January 2013
    Yeah, thankfully we had the break on PS3 so it gives me stuff to buy next week....
  • NightmareLyreNightmareLyre Rising Star
    edited January 2013
    striderblack;4956800 said:
    I had forgotten that those 2 FTP songs were released before Pumped Up Kicks...honestly thought it was new DLC. I'm losing it!

Moral of the story: ignorance is blitz, and will help you see things in a lighter light instead of going into a road rage