Official Discussion: DLC Week of 1/8 - 3 Blitz Tracks Being Released as Singles

Comments

• sillystousillystou Headliner
    edited January 2013
    For someone like me who hasn't bought Blitz, this is good news! Buying all three!!! :D
  • HetzHetz Rising Star
    edited January 2013
    sillystou;4956822 said:
    For someone like me who hasn't bought Blitz, this is good news! Buying all three!!! :D

See, if you are on the Xbox that makes no sense. It was just on sale for only 600 points! You could have had the entire song set for about the same cost of these 3 songs.
  • PheranPheran Opening Act
    edited January 2013
    Mileycyrussoulja;4956802 said:
    Sigh, why do people need to be so negative about this DLC? I'm a Wii user and I'm sure glad they're releasing the Blitz tracks for us.

Because most of the serious players have long since given up on the Wii. However, I realize that not everyone is in a financial position to do that, and I'm glad that Wii users will be able to get these tracks.
  • sillystousillystou Headliner
    edited January 2013
    I'm on the PS3... and I live in the province of Quebec, in Canada. So I have no idea what the word *sale* means....
  • PlutarchPlutarch Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    Really? No new stuff at all? Ugh.

I didn't have any problem with Blitz songs being released alongside new content, but I don't have it in me to defend this. Very disappointed.
  • PheranPheran Opening Act
    edited January 2013
    BachiG;4956814 said:
    HMX has ALWAYS showed favortism towards the Wii. Those of us on X360 and PS3 just want a little love, too. We're like the red-headed step child in this family!

:D
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited January 2013
    Groudon199;4956821 said:
    Technically, the streak ended when the Country Track Pack exclusives were released as DLC.

Not necessarily. They were, technically speaking, fresh pieces of DLC.

Here is where I draw the line, though. Henny Boy told us that the week of Blitz itself counted because the soundtrack was content and downloadable, and new at the time. Here is some content that is downloadable. New? No. It's been offered before, and I'l have no Dave, Derek or Aaron tell me otherwise.

Besides, 4000 songs is a far more impressive number than 250-odd weeks. Just use that in your press releases/brag posts, HMX.
  • samjjonessamjjones Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    This week of DLC is like the Battle of Helm's Deep.

Just when it seems like all hope is lost, Rock Band will ride out to meet the enemy, and Gandalf will appear over the ridge as the sun rises on the third day.

Just wait a couple more weeks. You'll see.
    edited January 2013
    Lowlander2;4956832 said:

Here is where I draw the line, though. Henny Boy told us that the week of Blitz itself counted because the soundtrack was content and downloadable, and new at the time. Here is some content that is downloadable. New? No. It's been offered before, and I'l have no Dave, Derek or Aaron tell me otherwise.

Besides, 4000 songs is a far more impressive number than 250-odd weeks. Just use that in your press releases/brag posts, HMX.

HMX still counts RBN releases as "new content"...even if they didn't directly produce it. So I'd presume that they still consider the "new DLC available for purchase each week" streak to be intact.

It's true. From a certain point of view.
  • KrystofKrystof Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    Feels like this is winding down with the constant release of old dlc.

Not that it's a bad thing, maybe it's a sign that Harmonix are in full swing of a new major title and are using it's talent towards that. Rock Band PS4/Xbox720 ? If Dance Central 4 is the only title they have out in 2013 I'm tossing my guitar through the TV.
  • Moist_NipplesMoist_Nipples Unsigned
    edited January 2013
    LoopyChew;4956771 said:
    Uh, gonna have to call either this or RB Blitz release week the weekly HMX DLC streak-breaker. Can't have it both ways!

I completely agree.

Whenever anyone questions the remaining life of this franchise, Henry reminds them of Blitz among other things. When we get two whole weeks of DLC solely as previous blitz content, which is old, then it kinda brings down the significance of the game's release.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against these songs becoming DLC. It's the fact that we're getting two weeks in a row purely of old content. Just one other non-blitz single would have changed that.
    edited January 2013
    samjjones;4956833 said:

Just when it seems like all hope is lost, Rock Band will ride out to meet the enemy, and Gandalf will appear over the ridge as the sun rises on the third day.

I sucked too much at that level in LEGO to get th---oh wait, you couldn't die in that game, so this joke doesn't work.
  • brookfieldworldorderbrookfieldworldorder Opening Act
    edited January 2013
    Well, yay for more Blitz songs available on the Wii (and even one of those is a re-release).

But wow, that sucks for everyone else.
  • randracrandrac Opening Act
    edited January 2013
    samjjones;4956833 said:

But I need my precious DLC now...nasty hobbitssses stole my precious DLC!
  • HetzHetz Rising Star
    edited January 2013
    Plutarch;4956829 said:
    Really? No new stuff at all? Ugh.

I didn't have any problem with Blitz songs being released alongside new content, but I don't have it in me to defend this. Very disappointed.

Exactly. I have no problem with them putting out the Blitz songs as DLC....but to not even have ONE new song for your most loyal fans and supporters who already have Blitz? That just sucks.
  • geo2n2geo2n2 Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    Feeling a little burned by buying Blitz now. With all of Blitz's FB and mandatory online stuff and that RBW somehow broke in my FB account and doesn't even load and HMX can't fix it (tech support tried but couldn't help), I'm a little bummed. I would much preferred to buy the few individual songs I wanted separately rather than having to download the whole huge pack with fluff I did not. I don't need all those songs I don't play taking up space. I'm usually not phased by early-adpoter type stuff, but this has me irritated. I wish they would have been upfront initially about individual releases, but I guess that what they had to do to sell Blitz :(
  • Groudon199Groudon199 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
    edited January 2013
    Lowlander2;4956832 said:

So the streak's only broken on 360 and PS3?
  • sinobeetlesinobeetle Opening Act
    edited January 2013
    I will keep saving my money, but simultaneously squandering it on non-RB songs on Singstar!
  • MarlboroMarlboro Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    Grats to the Wii folks and Blitz holdouts

:(
    edited January 2013
    samjjones;4956835 said:
    HMX still counts RBN releases as "new content"...even if they didn't directly produce it. So I'd presume that they still consider the "new DLC available for purchase each week" streak to be intact.

It's true. From a certain point of view.
    Not a point of view I agree with. HMX does not have any direct input into RBN tracks, and only a few jump into the process itself.

From what's being offered to me, I don't really care that the streak has been dropped, but it's portraying a false sense of dominance through a certain deception, when they could just easily get a more sincere portrayal from a much bigger and better statistic anyway.

HMX lied to me once last week. Let's not go for two.
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited January 2013
    Lowlander2;4956832 said:

RBN is still new...

Otherwise, yeah.

Kinda sad, I was hoping to pick up a few songs once the PS3 started releasing stuff again. Looks like I'll only be getting Party Hard (and yes, even counting the RBN songs). Honestly, maybe it's time to hang everything up and quit RB for a while. I barely have the time to play as it is.

Edit: And this release hi-lights part of why I feel that way. New songs drive me to play more, and the new stuff I want to play is lacking a bit, but even what we've gotten hasn't been super compelling for me of late. A break may do me good.
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited January 2013
    LoopyChew;4956771 said:
    Uh, gonna have to call either this or RB Blitz release week the weekly HMX DLC streak-breaker. Can't have it both ways!
    Agreed... no new content from HMX this week... sure, lots of RBN, but nothing new from HMX.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited January 2013
    Hey gang, get over yourselves.

HMX are trying to still get us content on a franchise that is in the twilight of it's life. When most studios would say **** it let's go do something else that would make us a lot more money (and hey I believe GH DID do that), they're doing the best they can to stick around as long as they can.

Doing something for a fraction of what you used to earn is hard enough, when you have a huge portion of the 'fans' that you're doing it for pissing and moaning like a bunch of self entitled little brats? At what point do they just go y'know we could keep doing this longer despite the fact that we're making a lot less, but it seems everyone we're doing it for are unappreciative little whiners. So to hell with this lets just pack it in.

If Harmonix has to re-release dlc that SOME of us already own to maximize the profit, so they can continue to support the game, then I am all for it.

A week isn't going to kill you if you already own the tracks. Hell a month wouldn't kill you. Would it suck? Yes it would suck not having new music to choose from (if you already own it), but if this is the 'price' we have to pay so Harmonix can get the holidays off, and continue to support the franchise, then you guys need to chill the **** out and suck it up.

You think a week or two weeks sucks with nothing new to play? What are you going to do when there's nothing new to play EVER?

So shut up, stop acting like whiny five year old rich kids, and go play the 4,000 other tracks available to you for christ's sake.
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited January 2013
    geo2n2;4956844 said:
    Feeling a little burned by buying Blitz now. With all of Blitz's FB and mandatory online stuff and that RBW doesn't even load in FB for me and HMX can't fix it (tech support tried but couldn't help), I'm a little bummed. I would much preferred to buy the few individual songs I wanted separately rather than having to download the whole huge pack with fluff I did not. I don't need all those songs I don't play taking up space. I'm usually not phased by early-adpoter type stuff, but this has be irritated. I wish they would have been upfront initially about individual releases, but I guess that what they had to do to sell Blitz :(
    Have you tried multiple browsers and a different computer?
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited January 2013
    Groudon199;4956821 said:
    Technically, the streak ended when the Country Track Pack exclusives were released as DLC.
    Lowlander2;4956832 said:

Not to mention, the songs were offered as RB3 versions (with keys charted), and there were fresh releases the week the CTP2 (and CTP, I suppose) came out. I stand with Lowlander in that either this week or Blitz week is the week Harmonix's streak was broken.

Still, there are only so many Blitz songs, and once those are out there's nothing to rehash. This is a drop in the bucket, and the streak, even if you count it on Blitz week, is an unprecedented string of weekly DLC that will never be matched. We'll have Rock Band for some time yet!
    Groudon199;4956845 said:
    So the streak's only broken on 360 and PS3?

Yes, but the Wii hasn't had DLC nearly as long as either 360 or PS3.
    edited January 2013
    Lowlander2;4956850 said:
    Not a point of view I agree with. HMX does not have any direct input into RBN tracks, and only a few jump into the process itself.

From what's being offered to me, I don't really care that the streak has been dropped, but it's portraying a false sense of dominance through a certain deception, when they could just easily get a more sincere portrayal from a much bigger and better statistic anyway.

HMX lied to me once last week. Let's not go for two.
    I never got the sense that they were ever interested in portraying any kind of "sense of dominance" with reference to the streak. More like an enormous amount of pride at the unparalleled nature of such a thing.
  • defdog99defdog99 Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    The WII is dead. You can buy them for $60 at gamestop. There's a pile of them when I went the other day.

So anyway...

I have a sinking feeling that the next 3 weeks are blitz only releases... where a couple songs have pro-guitar parts. We can probably guess it's the Hair Metal songs that get them.

Wake me in February.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited January 2013
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4956853 said:
    Hey gang, get over yourselves.

Certainly HMX would've anticipated backlash at a Blitz-only week.

Me, it'll be like a week of songs I wouldn't get, so I'll shrug and continue on, and while I know realistically it won't happen, ideally the majority of people will do the same.
  • PlutarchPlutarch Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    Breaking news: Being disappointed at the moment does not equate to lack of appreciation for previous content.

That is all.
  • bandaddybandaddy Rising Star
    edited January 2013
    I was off over the holidays, and obviously so were most of the HMX folks.

Still counts as DLC, though.....just not on all platforms, so I would say the streak is intact, disappointing as it may be.