Rock Band 3 keyboard cutting out constantly

AlcookieAlcookie Unsigned
edited January 2013 in Peer To Peer Support Forum
I recently purchased the RB3 keyboard off Amazon. For some reason it will constantly cut out mid song making it damn-near-impossible to use.

Has anyone experienced this problem or know of a fix?

Thanks.

Comments

• AlternityAlternity Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    It's totally random, I tried everything, it's hell of annoying.

I found that it happens less if the batteries are new, and all uses the same mAh, but it still does.
  • raynebcraynebc Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    Mine (for Xbox 360) doesn't do this, yours may be defective.
    edited January 2013
    raynebc;4959499 said:
    Mine (for Xbox 360) doesn't do this, yours may be defective.

I've never seen one for xbox doing it, but I've seen wii and ps3 keyboard doing it, it's not defective, it's made like this, as far as I know. Probably interference of some kind.
    edited January 2013
    My Wii controllers never drop signal intermittently like that, I still think it's a defect in the design of the controller. Nonetheless you should probably check with MadCatz about it.
    edited January 2013
    There's too much people whining about it to be defective IMHO, unless they made a whole defective batch. It only happens with keyboards, not guitars, or mustangs, or drums, do you have a keyboard for wii?

I'm pretty sure it's interference of some kind, it uses the 2.4ghz frequency, and well, ALOT of things in your house uses that one as well. (cellphones, some computers, etc.)
    edited January 2013
    If it was interference, it should presumably affect all Wii wireless controllers and not just the RB3 keyboard. I don't have one of those, but I have a Wii and have used several wiimotes in a house that had MULTIPLE wireless routers broadcasting different networks on different channels, several cell phones, etc.

If the RB3 keyboard is for some reason the only Wii controller so commonly affected by "interference", then that also implies a defect with the keyboard.
    edited January 2013
    Add PS3 to that. Yeah it's probably a defect, but MANY keyboards has it, that was my point. I don't think Mad Catz will start giving keyboards away to each people that are affected, there is just too much people.
    edited January 2013
    They don't really have a choice if it's defective during the warranty period. I had to send my Madcatz cymbals back because they were defective out of the box (overhitting, an extremely common defect with the RB3 cymbals), even after performing the "penny mod" (I had their authorization to try this mod before doing an RMA, make sure not to try any surgery on the keyboard without their blessing or it will void the warranty).
    edited January 2013
    Yeah but what I'm saying is that everyone I know with a keyboard on PS3 and wii has this problem, not just a certain percentage.. all of them.
  • ricecakericecake Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    I have the PS3 keyboard, and granted I haven't played as much as some people (85 songs on keys and 36 songs on pro keys, according to Rock Band World, but I've also done all the keyboard trainers and some song trainers), but I haven't had any issues with mine disconnecting.
  • AlcookieAlcookie Unsigned
    edited January 2013
    Thanks for all the responses, It's a PS3 model if that makes things any clearer.
    edited January 2013
    Alternity;4960209 said:
    Yeah but what I'm saying is that everyone I know with a keyboard on PS3 and wii has this problem, not just a certain percentage.. all of them.

Then it's probably not a problem with the users' consoles (why would they all have a random problem that only affected the RB3 keyboard), all the more reason to contact MadCatz so they can help troubleshoot the problem that is seeming more like a keyboard defect with each and every post you follow up with.