How long will you play RB after "the end"?

MackieMackie Rising Star
edited January 2013 in Rock Band
Everyone knows there's a strong possibility that HMX may soon stop production of DLC some time this year. If by some chance that is the case, how would that affect you in terms of continued gameplay?

For me, it wouldn't make that big of difference. I mean of course I would be heartbroken, but I would still play it as often as I can and theres still a lot of DLC I haven't got bought yet. I'm just gotten in to pro instruments and I vow never to stop playing the game until I can GS mid tier songs on expert. I'm only on medium pro now, so I got at least a year of work ahead of me.

Just some reminders to stay on topic:
This is not a thread on why HMX might end DLC.
This is not a thread on should HMX end DLC.
This is not a thread on how HMX can prevent the end of DLC.

The point of this thread is, IF in the event that HMX stops making DLC, how long would you continue to play RB and why?

Comments

• MunnchyMunnchy Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    So long as the game still works, I can't give an end date. I play when I feel like playing or if i'm invited in.
  • MackieMackie Rising Star
    edited January 2013
    Dang it wait for the poll guys lol
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited January 2013
  • MackieMackie Rising Star
    edited January 2013
    dog037;4961567 said:
    Maybe a week.

Don't forget the why part
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited January 2013
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited January 2013
    I'll prob play still, just not as a much and will not know what to do on Friday mornings or Tuesday afternoons/evenings (depending when sony updates)
  • defdog99defdog99 Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    These fan goals aint getting any easier.

If they changed it to 5-star 50 songs on expert, I might have a shot and try another 6 months.
  • skyp1eskyp1e Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    I will keep playing forever under the following conditions:

The game still works
    There are still leaderboards
    You can still play with people online

Failing those three things I will play until the game craps out on me (equipment failure or it gets boring playing the existing material).

I will be sure to buy lots of keyboard controllers and MPAs.
  • rkbdgurlrkbdgurl Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    Yeah...this game is just too much fun. No plans to quit.
  • RelaubyRelauby Rising Star
    edited January 2013
    Until I get all the achievements I have left, or until I hit a wall where I give up and decide I've got no chance on some of them, so assuming DLC ends in three months when we think it will I'll probably have 6 months to a year left. I don't usually just play games for achievements, but like someone else said this is really just another way to listen to music and without any real goals left I'd probably give up on it fairly quickly. I might pop it back in every now and then but I wouldn't play as regularly as I do now.
  • ZigZag2005ZigZag2005 Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    Until I am physically unable to do so.
  • intropeeintropee Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    Never DONE!!!!!
    I hope I didn't say that to loudly?! :cool:
  • peterock2007peterock2007 Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    It's hard to say in months or years, I'll quit when I'm bored. Having no DLC to buy ever again will hasten that boredom feeling though.
  • Ledgo2Ledgo2 Rising Star
    edited January 2013
    Probably when the controllers break. Which could be whenever. It's hard enough to get guitar controllers now that work well.
  • NumskullNumskull Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    I'll keep playing as long as I can do it a full band, online, with reasonable frequency. I know a couple of people who are planning on migrating to the Xbox360. There's no way I'm doing that. I'm not spending hundreds of dollars to jump from one sinking ship to another ship that's sinking a little more slowly.
  • skyp1eskyp1e Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    It does help that the three available artists that I like most in the game (Yes, Billy Joel and The Doors) have only a few GS among them on PRO keys for me.

That gives me plenty to work on.

Oh and zero FC's. Not even on "We Didn't Start the Fire", which I probably should have FC'd by now.
  • GameMaster439GameMaster439 Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    Until I can no longer play so whenever that happens, hopefully not for years haha.
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    probably til my PS3 stops working. this game is my primary outlet for drumming, i don't see that ending any time soon. lack of new DLC may reduce my playing time, and i'll probably spend more time on Rocksmith for guitar and other games, but i don't see myself stopping entirely. if i get bored i might do more pro keys, i've barely dipped my toe in those waters outside of the on-disc songs.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    If raptr is to be believed, I've played 1600 hours of Rock Band the past year or so. That's with RBN being the majority of my DLC purchases. So no, I don't even expect a slow down in my playing, unless of course my instruments crap out.
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    I voted a year, but in all honestly, I'm not all that sure. I pretty much play one night a week, maybe two. These days my brother works nights, my other roommate has off on a traditional weekend, and my "weekend" is Thursday and Friday. So with bars not exactly hoppin on Wednesday nights, I typically use that night to get smashed and fire up RB3.

I've got a Mustang Pro Guitar and Pro Keys. That might keep my occupied for a bit. I played around with both pro modes but was overall unsatisfied and a little impatient with the experience. I felt like I was learning how to play the instrument physically, but had no idea what in the hell I was actually doing. I could go up to a "real" keyboard and playback what I had learned in RB3, but I had no clue what not any of the keys were or what chords I was playing.
  • Mr. TateMr. Tate Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    Can't see an end to it, frankly. I still have a good amount of DLC I like to buy. I still have a huge amount of "meh" DLC that I will possibly buy. I play drums and I use my Yamaha to play the game, so it's good practice and good exercise. My wife sings, and she won't stop until she has the voice to do so. It's something we do together every day since 2008. So, yeah, it's gonna be around a while in our household.
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    edited January 2013
    Since "Indefinitely" isn't an option, I went with 2+ years. I'm not a gamer per se', so new games/consoles won't really interest me. I play for the music, the joy I get from drumming, and the fun I have playing on-line. Even if / when the RCSs go dark and I'm stuck playing by myself or with friends/family, I'll still have more fun doing this than nearly anything else I can think of right now in my spare time. I'm in it for "life" of either my console, my instruments or myself... Whichever goes first.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    Honestly, my interest has been dwindling for a while, and I don't play as much as I used to. If sales are any indication, many people felt thr same way.

That being said, I have built up a decent library and I'm still going to play from time to time if I have people to play with. It's like Smash Bros. in that sense: I won't play it that much alone, but it's one of the first things I would go to with a bunch of friends. I haven't had a Nintendo console since the N64, so Rock Band is my go to game.
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited January 2013
    Until I can no longer play it.
  • NEBuc6NEBuc6 Unsigned
    edited January 2013
    Wow, I was going to post but BachiG said almost the same thing I was going to say word for word. (I don't play online) For me it is just fun and I can't see not playing it just because they stop making dlc)
  • mikeytsmikeyts Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    As long as my controllers last and I can get new ones. Although I enjoy getting new DLC, I don't need it. I have enough that I can't imagine firing it up and not finding something to interest me.
  • WonderWaageUKWonderWaageUK Rising Star
    edited January 2013
    When I run out of instruments
  • fcmleftyfcmlefty Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    Just ordered myself two new guitars, giving me a total of 4 working 5 button guitars + the mustang that I've never taken the time to learn how to play. Still have my drums and keyboard. I'll be at it for awhile yet. On;y thing that would stop me is by PS3 breaking down at a point in time where I could no longer get a replacement. That day is a long ways off I'd think.
  • defdog99defdog99 Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    Can I pay a dollar so I dont have to beat antibodies on hard ?

HMX would have mucho $$$ from me if we had that feature.
  • ecIggyecIggy Opening Act
    edited January 2013
    So long as my gear holds up or I can find usable stuff for when things need replacing, then I'll keep playing!