Get More Songs Problem

NinjaPigsNinjaPigs Unsigned
edited January 2013 in Peer To Peer Support Forum
Okay, first of all, my system is a PlayStation 3 and I am playing on Rock Band 3. The problem I am having is in the Get More Songs section.

When I go to this section I get these numbers when I select Browse:
All - 2,723
Rock Band Songs - 1,977
Rock Band Network Songs - 746

Instead of these numbers, I believe I should be seeing these:
All - 4,137
Rock Band Songs - 2100
Rock Band Network Songs - 2,037

Is there something going wrong with my disc where it doesn't see all the songs out? Do I have to go through the PlayStation Network Store outside the game itself to be able to view all the songs?

Comments

• AlternityAlternity Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    There is less songs on PS3 because we only get a maximum of 5 RBNs per week.
  • NinjaPigsNinjaPigs Unsigned
    edited January 2013
    Since that is the case, would that essentially mean Rock Band 3 on PlayStation 3 will not have the full set of available songs for a long time?

On a side note, what system or systems have the full list available right now? Just curious since I am never going to get rid of Rock Band 3 for PlayStation 3, even if I get another system.
  • AlternityAlternity Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
  • intropeeintropee Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    Alternity;4961897 said:
    Xbox 360

Yep...yep
  • IcemageIcemage Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    NinjaPigs;4961894 said:
    Since that is the case, would that essentially mean Rock Band 3 on PlayStation 3 will not have the full set of available songs for a long time?

On a side note, what system or systems have the full list available right now? Just curious since I am never going to get rid of Rock Band 3 for PlayStation 3, even if I get another system.
    I'm not even sure why this is pertinent unless you're planning to sink $6K+ into expanding into the full song library.

I'd also question the discrepancy in available non-RBN songs. As far as I know, the only Harmonix-authored song that has ever stayed exclusive to the Xbox 360 is the RBN Megamix 01.
  • atari2600timatari2600tim Unsigned
    edited January 2013
    It costs them more to publish on there basically, so they don't do it with RBN songs unless there is enough demand, thus the 5 per week.

That's just the RBN songs though. I'm not sure why there'd be that much of a difference for regular songs. I'm not at home right now or I'd look on the Xbox Live store myself, but I think they both are around 2000. The web site does say 2100 songs, but it might be counting some that are available for export from Rock Band Blitz, Rock Band, and Rock Band 2 but not available for separate purchase. Give It Away by Red Hot Chili Peppers for example is listed on here but is part of Blitz and isn't one of the ones they're selling separate yet.
    edited January 2013
    Icemage;4962001 said:
    I'm not even sure why this is pertinent unless you're planning to sink $6K+ into expanding into the full song library.

I'd also question the discrepancy in available non-RBN songs. As far as I know, the only Harmonix-authored song that has ever stayed exclusive to the Xbox 360 is the RBN Megamix 01.
    It is not an issue of whether I am willing to put ~$6K (or however much it costs), I was just curious really as to why so many songs were not available.
  • IcemageIcemage Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    NinjaPigs;4962192 said:
    It is not an issue of whether I am willing to put ~$6K (or however much it costs), I was just curious really as to why so many songs were not available.
    Moral of the story: All but 1 Harmonix-authored track is available on PS3. A subset of the Rock Band Network content is ported by Harmonix to the PS3 platform each week (roughly 5 songs per week), usually the stuff that will sell well.

If you're talking specifically of the song count under "Rock Band" on the site, there are several categories of songs you can have in Rock Band 3 that don't appear in the store.

* Rock Band 3's 83 song setlist is included on the list - obviously because they're not DLC.

* Exports are not in the store unless they've been re-released as DLC. This includes many songs from Rock Band Blitz, and most of the LEGO Rock Band setlist, all of AC/DC Track Pack, as well as the vast majority of Rock Band 1 and 2.

* A small number of tracks have never appeared in the store, including the 20 songs that came as the free bonus pack for new purchased copies Rock Band 2.

* Mama I'm Coming Home and Bark At the Moon by Ozzy Osbourne can only be purchased as part of the Ozzy Osbourne pack, so do not appear in the store as separate songs.

As someone who has all but 13 officially released tracks on PS3, with a total setlist over 2,700, trust me when I say you'll find plenty to work with in the store. If you really absolutely must know what songs are and aren't available in one list, the wikipedia article on Rock Band Network songs is kept relatively up to date.
    edited January 2013
    Icemage;4962369 said:
    Moral of the story: All but 1 Harmonix-authored track is available on PS3. A subset of the Rock Band Network content is ported by Harmonix to the PS3 platform each week (roughly 5 songs per week), usually the stuff that will sell well.

If you're talking specifically of the song count under "Rock Band" on the site, there are several categories of songs you can have in Rock Band 3 that don't appear in the store.

* Rock Band 3's 83 song setlist is included on the list - obviously because they're not DLC.

* Exports are not in the store unless they've been re-released as DLC. This includes many songs from Rock Band Blitz, and most of the LEGO Rock Band setlist, all of AC/DC Track Pack, as well as the vast majority of Rock Band 1 and 2.

* A small number of tracks have never appeared in the store, including the 20 songs that came as the free bonus pack for new purchased copies Rock Band 2.

* Mama I'm Coming Home and Bark At the Moon by Ozzy Osbourne can only be purchased as part of the Ozzy Osbourne pack, so do not appear in the store as separate songs.

As someone who has all but 13 officially released tracks on PS3, with a total setlist over 2,700, trust me when I say you'll find plenty to work with in the store. If you really absolutely must know what songs are and aren't available in one list, the wikipedia article on Rock Band Network songs is kept relatively up to date.

Well I guess I just been proven I am stupid. The thought of Non-DLC songs were included in the list on the website never once crossed my mind. I should have thought of that before posting this, but at least I know where my mistake was at now.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited January 2013
    Icemage;4962369 said:

Actually the list on the website includes all of those setlists. "You Give Love a Bad Name" and "You Give Love a Bad Name (RB3 version)" are two different songs in the count. So too the two versions of "Tom Sawyer" and "Livin' on a Prayer" and the Queen and whatever other songs. Even the Blitz songs appear to be counted twice.
  • ricecakericecake Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    Icemage;4962369 said:
    If you really absolutely must know what songs are and aren't available in one list, the wikipedia article on Rock Band Network songs is kept relatively up to date.
    I maintain this list of RBN songs available on PS3, and I keep it up to date, if you are only concerned with looking at the songs that ARE available.