Official Discussion: DLC Week of 1/15 - Rick Springfield 3 Pack!

edited February 2013 in Rock Band
hmxhenry;4960701 said:
Hey gang,

On January 15th, three tracks from singer-songwriter Rick Springfield are headed to the Rock Band Music Store as part of “Rick Springfield Pack 01”!

The pack will include “Jessie’s Girl,” Springfield’s catchy single that went on to become one of the most memory tracks from ‘80s. This Grammy Award-winning song was originally available as part of the soundtrack for Rock Band Blitz, and will now be available as a single track download from the Music Store, or as part of “Rick Springfield Pack 01”.

This pack will also include Rick Springfield’s cover of Sammy Hagar’s “I’ve Done Everything for You,” as well as “Don’t Talk to Strangers,” the Grammy-nominated single off of Springfield’s 1982 record, Success Hasn’t Spoiled Me Yet.

Additionally, Pro Guitar and Pro Bass upgrades will be available for both “Jessie’s Girl” and “I’ve Done Everything For You”!

Available on Xbox 360, Wii, and PlayStation®3 system (January 15th, 2013):

• Rick Springfield – “Jessie’s Girl” O X

• Rick Springfield – “I’ve Done Everything For You” X

• Rick Springfield – “Don’t Talk to Strangers” O

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system January 16th)

Price:

$5.49, £3.19 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points™, 550 Wii Points™) for the “Rick Springfield Pack 01”
$1.99 USD, £1.19 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points ™, 200 Wii Points™) per song

Tracks marked with “O” feature support for keyboards.

** Dates and Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

For all DLC song credits, including album and genre info as well as difficulty ratings, you can check out the Songs page.

HMX puts the spring in Springfield next week!

Comments

• TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited January 2013
    Really? The artist who gets the last 3-pack is Rick Springfield?

Don't get me wrong, I'm still buying it. It's pretty awesome, I guess. I'm just surprised, is all.
  • HetzHetz Rising Star
    edited January 2013
    Good stuff! I like these songs way more than the rumored Collective Soul re-records anyway.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited January 2013
    Lowlander2;4962667 said:
    DON'T TALK TO STRAN--- oh, wait.
    that yeah
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited January 2013
    Where is "What's Victoria's Secret?" ?
  • peterock2007peterock2007 Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    2 pro songs that's a positive.
  • Henry_SardonicusHenry_Sardonicus Rising Star
    edited January 2013
    Not my choice for a pack. I'm fine with Jessie's Girl. I'll listen to the songs later to see if my opinion changes, but right now, nope.

NO SINCE U BEEN GONE WHY
  • FujiSkunkFujiSkunk Headliner
    edited January 2013
    Nice! Will pick up the new tracks and the pro upgrades.

Can we get the time on "I've Done Everything for You"? There are a couple of versions floating around out there.
  • jeronemitchelljeronemitchell Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    Not my thing, unfortunately.
  • nineisminenineismine Opening Act
    edited January 2013
  • rsm790rsm790 Rising Star
    edited January 2013
    Decent enough week, definitely better than a A7X or Kelly Clarkson pack
  • Dr. ParaDr. Para Opening Act
    edited January 2013
    No thanks....

And next week is more Blitz singles right....

So check back in three weeks....
  • brookfieldworldorderbrookfieldworldorder Opening Act
    edited January 2013
    I'm in for all three.
  • fcmleftyfcmlefty Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    Definitely not what I'd hoped for. Bad part is that now its going to be several weeks between any possible purchase, since next week is a blitz only week. I'm already caught up on getting any of the on-sale songs I wanted. Might be a time to look at the back catalog of Guitar Hero DLC and fire up WOR for the first time in a long time.
  • edited January 2013
    For those of you keeping score at home, this is the last Blitz artist with a pack on the schedule.

Also, this should be the last week where there's a mix of Blitz releases and new releases, and future announcements should either be entirely Blitz singles or entirely new content.
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited January 2013
    I personally would have wanted a Foo Fighters or an Avenged Sevenfold pack. Oh well.
    I'll listen to the songs later.
  • bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    edited January 2013
  • edited January 2013
    hmxhenry;4962694 said:
    For those of you keeping score at home, this is the last Blitz artist with a pack on the schedule.

Also, this should be the last week where there's a mix of Blitz releases and new releases, and future announcements should either be entirely Blitz singles or entirely new content.
    So... no more BNL? :(
  • TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    Not my favourite artist, pretty linear songs overall. Jesse's Girl was cool, and I'm fine with that.

Oh, Aaron, if you read this:

With this wednesday's update we (SCEE PS3) got the MCR pack as well as the singles (plus the Foster The People pack). So, everything went better than expected. ;)
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    i'm cool with rick springfield getting the "pack" (ie. the extra 2 songs, only a pack by 2013 standards). would've rather had love somebody than don't talk to strangers. but whatever, could've been a lot better (living colour) or a lot worse (a7x, or pretty much anything else off of blitz). and 2 pro upgrades which is pretty good i guess.

2 new songs this week. all blitz songs next week. we're in 1-song-per-week territory now folks. yes, the end times are truly upon us.
  • MarlboroMarlboro Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
  • kravenkraven Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    Damnit it if Rockband is close to death, every week counts. Don't waste one on Rick Springfield.
  • randracrandrac Opening Act
    edited January 2013
    hmxhenry;4962694 said:

Is there any reason for hope that we could see a new song from a Blitz artist on a Blitz week, HMXHenry, (say, Heavy by Collective Soul) or are Blitz artists just not a chance ever again?
  • fcmleftyfcmlefty Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    Only leaves one remote possibility, right: A blitz artist could show up in one of the "new release" weeks with strictly a single?
  • XTommyDonXXTommyDonX Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    Rick Springfield seriously got both the last Blitz pack AND two pro upgrades?... Horrible week.
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited January 2013
    fcmlefty;4962708 said:
    Only leaves one remote possibility, right: A blitz artist could show up in one of the "new release" weeks with strictly a single?
    Unlikely.
    hmxhenry;4962694 said:
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited January 2013
    hmxhenry;4962694 said:

Are any Blitz artists going to have any new content or is Rick Springfield the last one?
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    I own this album on LP. Surely my sister was the one who bought it, but I imagine she got tired of it within a few weeks. I, however, recognized it as a true classic. Time to hook up the turntable tonight!

Yes, I'll be buying both new songs, for sure.

15 new songs to come, more or less. Thanks for the 12-18 months of bonus time you gave us in DLC releases, Harmonix, don't think I wasn't paying attention to how you've gone above and beyond to support this game, long after others would have given up.
  • peterock2007peterock2007 Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    randrac;4962705 said:
    Is there any reason for hope that we could see a new song from a Blitz artist on a Blitz week, HMXHenry, (say, Heavy by Collective Soul) or are Blitz artists just not a chance ever again?

Since this is the last week with mixed content. No obviously.
  • KemirochKemiroch Opening Act
    edited January 2013
    Not bad.

I'll get the 2 new songs.
  • WonderWaageUKWonderWaageUK Rising Star
    edited January 2013
    So bland.

Nothx