Official Discussion: DLC Week of 1/15 - Rick Springfield 3 Pack!

Comments

• XTommyDonXXTommyDonX Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    Rick Springfield seriously got both the last Blitz pack AND two pro upgrades?... Horrible week.
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited January 2013
    fcmlefty;4962708 said:
    Only leaves one remote possibility, right: A blitz artist could show up in one of the "new release" weeks with strictly a single?
    Unlikely.
    hmxhenry;4962694 said:
    Also, this should be the last week where there's a mix of Blitz releases and new releases, and future announcements should either be entirely Blitz singles or entirely new content.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited January 2013
    hmxhenry;4962694 said:
    For those of you keeping score at home, this is the last Blitz artist with a pack on the schedule.

Also, this should be the last week where there's a mix of Blitz releases and new releases, and future announcements should either be entirely Blitz singles or entirely new content.

Are any Blitz artists going to have any new content or is Rick Springfield the last one?
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    I own this album on LP. Surely my sister was the one who bought it, but I imagine she got tired of it within a few weeks. I, however, recognized it as a true classic. Time to hook up the turntable tonight!

Yes, I'll be buying both new songs, for sure.

15 new songs to come, more or less. Thanks for the 12-18 months of bonus time you gave us in DLC releases, Harmonix, don't think I wasn't paying attention to how you've gone above and beyond to support this game, long after others would have given up.
  • peterock2007peterock2007 Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    randrac;4962705 said:
    Is there any reason for hope that we could see a new song from a Blitz artist on a Blitz week, HMXHenry, (say, Heavy by Collective Soul) or are Blitz artists just not a chance ever again?

Since this is the last week with mixed content. No obviously.
  • KemirochKemiroch Opening Act
    edited January 2013
    Not bad.

I'll get the 2 new songs.
  • WonderWaageUKWonderWaageUK Rising Star
    edited January 2013
  • fcmleftyfcmlefty Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    Henry said it was the last blitz artist with a pack. Didnt say it was the last blitz artist with new content. His choice of wording, which he always seemed very precise with, leaves it open to interpretation I guess
  • sinobeetlesinobeetle Opening Act
    edited January 2013
    I'll have to give the Hagar cover a listen. Did it make radio play when it was released? I know the other two from my high school days. Is "I've Done Everything for You" the stuff of soundtrack fodder for retro movies?
  • Groudon199Groudon199 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
    edited January 2013
    First week of new content in 2013 and it's starting out the same way 2012 did for me (though instead of it being an artist/band pack without the only song I know by them, it's the only song I know by them already being in Blitz).
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    peterock2007;4962714 said:
    Since this is the last week with mixed content. No obviously.
    Unless they decided for some silly reason to, for example, release Shine next week, then Heavy the week afterwards.
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    The new songs aren't that bad, I might even get them.
    edited January 2013
    fcmlefty;4962721 said:
    Henry said it was the last blitz artist with a pack. Didnt say it was the last blitz artist with new content. His choice of wording, which he always seemed very precise with, leaves it open to interpretation I guess
    He said it was the last with mixed content. The only way that the artist would get a single if it were on a new content week separate from the Blitz content.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited January 2013
    DragoonXD;4962726 said:
    Unless they decided for some silly reason to, for example, release Shine next week, then Heavy the week afterwards.

I'm thinking maybe release "Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)" next Blitz week and then "Since U Been Gone" on the Valentine's Day week.
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    Dammit, I was really hoping Barenaked Ladies would have the 3-pack. I was completely unaware Rick Springfield had other songs.

Pass for me.
  • peterock2007peterock2007 Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    DragoonXD;4962726 said:

Of Course the person I was repsonding to specifically asked if Heavy would be released on a blitz week.

Which is why I said no more mixed content, which makes releasing heavy on a different week completely irrelevent to the discussion.
  • FujiSkunkFujiSkunk Headliner
    edited January 2013
    sinobeetle;4962722 said:
    I'll have to give the Hagar cover a listen. Did it make radio play when it was released?
    Yes, and it made the top 40.
    I know the other two from my high school days. Is "I've Done Everything for You" the stuff of soundtrack fodder for retro movies?

Maybe not to the extent "Jessie's Girl" is, but "I've Done Everything for You" is definitely one of the more popular tracks from Springfield's catalog.
  • LordRavenBajaLordRavenBaja Mellow Out!!!
    edited January 2013
    Hhmmm. So even on the odd week for new content we get more Blitz songs. Continued disappointment.

On a good note, I've been able to spend my MS points on Rocksmith songs.
    edited January 2013
    Cipher_Peon;4962729 said:
    He said it was the last with mixed content. The only way that the artist would get a single if it were on a new content week separate from the Blitz content.
    Exactly. To use Great White as an example: Once Bitten, Twice Shy will come out on a blitz single week. Save all your love, or any other Great White single, could come out on a new content week. Heck, we could get a Great White 3 pack on a new content week, however unlikely. We just know there isn't a Great White Pack coming that would include Once Bitten, Twice Shy

Use this same formula for all the other blitz artist remaining.

Edit: Scenario listed above invalid due to further explanation by Henry in a subsequent post
  • rkbdgurlrkbdgurl Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    I'll be getting "Don't Talk To Strangers" I like it.
    Not sure about "I've Done Everything For You" but since it has pro parts, definately maybe.

thanks HMX :)
    edited January 2013
    fcmlefty;4962737 said:
    Exactly. To use Great White as an example: Once Bitten, Twice Shy will come out on a blitz single week. Save all your love, or any other Great White single, could come out on a new content week. Heck, we could get a Great White 3 pack on a new content week, however unlikely. We just know there isn't a Great White Pack coming that would include Once Bitten, Twice Shy
    That is why I said unlikely and not impossible.
  • metalkornmetalkorn Rising Star
    edited January 2013
    I guess i got my wish for more Australian music, just wish it was someone other then Rick Springfield. I am not a fan of 3 packs anymore to be honest, i would much rather 3 singles of varying genres.
  • Dadasaurus RexDadasaurus Rex Rawwwwwwr!
    edited January 2013
    Really cool choices for an old fart like me. I remember Rick on General Hospital back in the day, he was actually quite the deal. The chickies went nuts over him, he was certainly a Pop idol for a couple of years at least. Anyway, thanks again HMX for augmenting my library with some very familiar and nostalgic tunes.
  • Lord_MhoramLord_Mhoram Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    This is stuff I really enjoyed back in the day. Both non-blitz songs for me.
    edited January 2013
    Cipher_Peon;4962739 said:
    That is why I said unlikely and not impossible.

Agreed - just stating the facts as we know them to be at this minute, however grim those facts are to some of the more hopeful forum members looking for a particular song to be coming yet.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited January 2013
    Pack of the 3+ months for me.
    (even with the one blitz track)
    I"ve done everything for you is so much better than Jessi's girl.. i JUST said a week ago how i wish that was on RB. Dream come TRUE!
  • samjjonessamjjones Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    Awesomely awesome week. Richard of Springfield is radical.

If you're gonna get down with the Springfield, these are the other two "essential" ones, IMO. Great choices.

hmxhenry...who was the HMX champion for this Springfield pack? Tell them they get a virtual high-five from me.
  • Pointblank41Pointblank41 Rising Star
    edited January 2013
    Was really hoping that RHCP would be the last Blitz artist to get a pack. Guess we'll never get Can't Stop...

Decent week none the less, will be picking up the 2 pro upgrades
  • samjjonessamjjones Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    Pointblank41;4962748 said:
    Was really hoping that RHCP would be the last Blitz artist to get a pack. Guess we'll never get Can't Stop...

I saw "Can't Stop" and "Who Can It Be Now" sitting on the beach under an umbrella at St. Bart's last week. I don't think they're coming back.

They looked very much in love.
  • Pointblank41Pointblank41 Rising Star
    edited January 2013
    samjjones;4962750 said:
    I saw "Can't Stop" and "Who Can It Be Now" sitting on the beach under an umbrella at St. Bart's last week. I don't think they're coming back.

They looked very much in love.

They changed their identities along with Soul To Squeeze and Around the World. Now they just travel around the world taking in the sites.