RBN DLC Discussion: 1/10 (Xbox 360), 1/15 (PS3)

HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
edited February 2013 in The Rock Band Network
Xbox 360 RBN Releases for Thursday, 1/10/2013:

Indie Rock

Leadership by Assault – “Sober Up” (80 MSP)

Metal

Bluefusion – “KITTY! (ft. The Anime Cow)” (80 MSP)
Bluefusion – “KITTY! (ft. The Anime Cow) (2x Bass Pedal)” (80 MSP)
The Dillinger Escape Plan – “Parasitic Twins” (160 MSP)
My Ruin – “Vultures” (80 MSP)

Rock

Bright Midnight – “Floating Feather (Blue Day & Age)” (80 MSP)
Bright Midnight – “Liberation” (80 MSP)
Jerry Lee Lewis – “Great Balls of Fire” (160 MSP)
The Smartass Rascals – “Smartass Rascals” (80 MSP)

PS3 RBN Releases for Tuesday, 1/15/2013 (North America) and 1/16/2013 (Europe):

Serianna - "Inheritors" ($1.99), Metal
Serianna - "Fragments" ($1.99), Metal
Moving Picture Show - "A Bridge That Will Burn" ($0.99), Pop-Rock
Drugstore Fanatics - "The Distance" ($0.99), Alternative
John Parr - "Monday Night Football" ($1.99), Rock

Comments

• jhondragojhondrago Unsigned
    edited January 2013
    Thanks for the Serianna songs HMX!!!
  • Groudon199Groudon199 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
    edited January 2013
    Got "KITTY!", "Sober Up", "Great Balls of Fire", and "Vultures" (which I wouldn't have bought if it wasn't 80MSP).

In the last 12 weeks, I've purchased 26 new RBN songs. On the DLC side, that's roughly how many new songs I've purchased in the last 36 weeks.
  • nascargo19nascargo19 Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    Port over Great Balls of Fire immediatley. Please.
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited January 2013
  • BobbyB0909BobbyB0909 Unsigned
    edited January 2013
    I wait weeks for John Parr's Man in Motion for PS3 only to see this garbage!!! WHAT THE HELL MAN!!!
  • HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
    edited January 2013
    BobbyB0909;4962191 said:
    I wait weeks for John Parr's Man in Motion for PS3 only to see this garbage!!! WHAT THE HELL MAN!!!
    I understand that it's a great song, and I hear that you're disappointed, but ripping on other music to promote your own favorites isn't cool.

Because we didn't want to risk PS3 users getting no content for weeks longer than necessary, we submitted a lot of PS3 RBN content ahead of our normal schedule. Unfortunately, "St. Elmo's Fire (Man in Motion)" came out 11/15/12 on Xbox 360, which means it wasn't eligible for submission at that time.

There were a couple notes about this (indirectly) in the PS3 request thread:

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222673&p=4918347&viewfull=1#post4918347 indicated that all PS3 songs inclusive of 1/8/13 had already been submitted by 11/2/12.

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222673&p=4918433&viewfull=1#post4918433 explained this was to work around the Sony/Harmonix holidays and ensure that PS3 users did not experience any avoidable delays. It also added "However, if you're really excited about a song that came out this week, it'll be a wait."
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited January 2013
    Bought "Great Balls of Fire" and "Parasitic Twins".
  • edfrank_jredfrank_jr Opening Act
    edited January 2013
    Wrong "Fragments" but thanks for "The Distance" (Drugstore Fanatics). xD
  • BobbyB0909BobbyB0909 Unsigned
    edited January 2013
    HMXLachesis;4962199 said:
    I understand that it's a great song, and I hear that you're disappointed, but ripping on other music to promote your own favorites isn't cool.

I didn't mean to disparage the other groups (of which I don't even KNOW any)...I was referring to the track from John Parr that WAS announced. I thought the two Parr songs debuted together for the XBox 360, thus they should both come to the PS3 simultaneously. I mean, Parr has ONE hit to his credit and it's the track from "St Elmo's Fire". RBN releases aren't typically something I am interested in. In fact, the only other tracks I ever bought were from Third Eye Blind.

I hope the song comes out next week. Will it be available by then?
  • KaneRobotKaneRobot Opening Act
    edited January 2013
    GBoF has got to be one of the strangest things I've ever seen come out on RBN. I'm sure this is more an anomaly than sign off things to come, but if RBN suddenly became some "oldies for Rock Band" service, I wouldn't complain.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited January 2013
    YES! THE DISTANCE!!!1one!!!eleven!!!! thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou
    edited January 2013
    BobbyB0909;4962383 said:
    I didn't mean to disparage the other groups (of which I don't even KNOW any)...I was referring to the track from John Parr that WAS announced. I thought the two Parr songs debuted together for the XBox 360, thus they should both come to the PS3 simultaneously.
    "St. Elmo's Fire" and the (self-)parody "Tim Tebow's Fire" were released simultaneously on 11/15. "Monday Night Football" came a few weeks before, on 10/25.
    BobbyB0909;4962383 said:
    I mean, Parr has ONE hit to his credit and it's the track from "St Elmo's Fire". RBN releases aren't typically something I am interested in.
    Your loss.
    BobbyB0909;4962383 said:
    In fact, the only other tracks I ever bought were from Third Eye Blind.
    They're a good band. There are quite a few RBN songs similar in style. It's not all assy metal.
    BobbyB0909;4962383 said:
    I hope the song comes out next week. Will it be available by then?

She can't say specifically ahead of time. Though I would similarly be interested to know if we're clear of the "Blame Sony™ Holiday Pre-Load" and songs from later in November and the early part of December are now possible to port.
  • TheOzoneTheOzone Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    I'm glad people are so stoked about "Monday Night Football". :(
    edited January 2013
    I don't like football :p
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    I like football. But not songs about football. :p
  • NightmareLyreNightmareLyre Rising Star
    edited January 2013
    Sorry Ozone, I am no sports fan either =P
    KaneRobot;4962386 said:
    GBoF has got to be one of the strangest things I've ever seen come out on RBN.

We have a song that is all static noise and someone violently shouting "SEX!" for a minute, "strange" might not be the correct term here =P
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited January 2013
    NightmareLyre;4962629 said:

We have a song that is all static noise and someone violently shouting "SEX!" for a minute, "strange" might not be the correct term here =P

Those SNMT songs should definitely be ported over to PS3.
    PON DE FIOR
    SEX
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    Technically, it's only 31 seconds. Why do I remember that?
    edited January 2013
    SheSaidSheSaid;4962397 said:
    She can't say specifically ahead of time. Though I would similarly be interested to know if we're clear of the "Blame Sony™ Holiday Pre-Load" and songs from later in November and the early part of December are now possible to port.

Next week's songs were also affected, so releases from 11/15/12 and later will start coming out on 1/29/13 on PS3.

That doesn't mean that 1/29/13 will be The Biggest Hits of the RBN from 11/15/12 to now - as always, there are complex factors in play. As a result, some people will probably be disappointed. But that's true any week - and if there's one song you know will come out on PS3 eventually, it's "St. Elmo's Fire (Man in Motion)". So have patience, grasshoppers.
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    edited January 2013
    *Serianna - "Fragments" ($1.99), Metal ???

Now you're just teasing me... right song title, wrong artist :(

Please, please, pleeeeas give us "Fragments" by an Unkindness.
    "Words Cannot Express" would be nice too, even though it only has vocal/keyboard parts.

Also, hmxhenry posted in the announcements...

"Here's some additional clarification on the expected holiday fallout with regards to the DLC schedule, provided with the usual caveat that dates are subject to change and depend on the publishing schedule that 1st parties maintained during holiday.

Wednesday January 23rd: PS3 (SCEE) should get the 12/25 MCR DLC.

Wednesday January 30th: PS3 (SCEE) should get the 12/30/12 singles DLC."

Could you please let him know that SCEE put all that up on Wednesday January 9th.

The only track we didn't get was...
    B.et.a and The Neon Panthers - "Queendom" ($1.99), Pop/Dance/Electronic

(but he did say that would be delayed until the 16th)
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    Thanks for the clarification, I'll know that I won't be getting any of my post 11/15 favorites until at least 1/29, "for sure", and yes, I can be very patient for them to come out a week or 4 after that. I'll only start to get nervous if we reach early March and there are still any "Must Have" songs left to port. I don't expect anything to be announced yet, but I can easily imagine that the porting of RBN songs to the PS3 could end at any point after the Blitz songs have all been released as DLC.
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    edited January 2013
    Getting "A Bridge That Will Burn" and "The Distance". Both sound great and at $0.99, that's a steal. Not a fan of the $1.99 metal, and the "Monday Night Football" song although classified as "Rock" here, is more "Novelty" to me and also not my thing (sorry Ozone). :(
  • FujiSkunkFujiSkunk Headliner
    edited January 2013
    Bought "Great Balls of Fire" so hard, looking forward to "Blue Suede Shoes" and any other '50s rockabilly Offbeat can get a hold of. Awesome shtuff!
    edited January 2013
    Graffin;4962780 said:
    Also, hmxhenry posted in the announcements...

"Here's some additional clarification on the expected holiday fallout with regards to the DLC schedule, provided with the usual caveat that dates are subject to change and depend on the publishing schedule that 1st parties maintained during holiday.

Wednesday January 23rd: PS3 (SCEE) should get the 12/25 MCR DLC.

Wednesday January 30th: PS3 (SCEE) should get the 12/30/12 singles DLC."

Could you please let him know that SCEE put all that up on Wednesday January 9th.

Oops!

We were originally projecting some significant delays in SCEE with the holiday content, but we were fortunately able to sort it all out (except for Queendom) right after the vacation ended. I'll reach out to him and get that corrected.
  • TheOzoneTheOzone Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    HMXLachesis;4962712 said:
    and if there's one song you know will come out on PS3 eventually, it's "St. Elmo's Fire (Man in Motion)". So have patience, grasshoppers.
    I say hold back the song for 6 months and then release it. That'll teach them for being impatient. :p
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited January 2013
    TheOzone;4962419 said:

I like it and can't wait to purchase it for a SECOND time on PS3! :)!
    edited January 2013
    Next week's songs were also affected, so releases from 11/15/12 and later will start coming out on 1/29/13 on PS3.

Well, let's look at the bright side - it's the last time we'll ever have to put up with this :(
    if there's one song you know will come out on PS3 eventually, it's "St. Elmo's Fire (Man in Motion)". So have patience, grasshoppers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pm4fQRl72k&t=0m58s

Also, didn't you say the same thing about Dir En Grey?
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited January 2013
    TheOzone;4962419 said:

Who would have thought that a video game forum would have a relative lack of football fans
    edited January 2013
    What does one necessarily have to do with the other?
  • edited January 2013
    If it had keys and was a buck I'd probably pick it up.