RB leaderboards on Wii U?

latenightrockerlatenightrocker Opening Act
I still have not ONCE got leaderboards to work on the wii u. This is ridiculous. On the original wii this happened countless times also, but now it's even worse, to the point of NEVER working. It's NOT my internet, as it lets me connect to the rock band store every time and my DL speeds are 20MB/s before using it wirelessly, so it should still be good enough. There is no way I am going to inconveniently do a wired connection where I have to move my modem into a whole different room. This should be working and it's not, like a million other wii versionf eatures over the years.

I've tried resetting, connecting to the store first then going back to play, going to the wii menu and conecting to the online wii store and then returning to RB3, etc... and nothing fixes it.

Comments

• latenightrockerlatenightrocker Opening Act
    edited January 2013
    Hello? No leaderboard for wii on wii u?
  • edited January 2013
    I've moved this thread to the appropriate forum and changed the title to more accurately reflect the content.

This is the first complaint I've heard about leaderboard issues on the Wii U, but my expectation is that this is something you'll want to reach out to Nintendo about. We haven't changed anything about Wii data or Wii leaderboards in general and we have no control over what data the Wii U pulls for Wii games.

A wired or wireless connection likely wouldn't make much difference, since either way you'll have to connect to Nintendo's servers to ping our servers. I'd recommend reaching out to them or check our support portal at http://harmonixmusic.parature.com/ to see if there is an article about this issue in the knowledgebase.
  • olddrummerolddrummer Rising Star
    edited January 2013
    Here is a rule of thumb with any new console that is introduced. WAIT A YEAR BEFORE YOU BUY IT. That gives them time to work out the major bugs. Red ring of death anyone?
    edited January 2013
    hmxhenry, but as I mentioned, this was a problem many many times on the wii, as well. Just not as often as now.

As to the others, the wii u simply plays the same game in the same modes. So yes I'm complaining. Most likely it means this would be happening if I was still using the original wii, as well. How can it be the console's fault when it connectsw every time to the rock band store, but never for leaderboards?

\Always possible there is a hardware issue, I guess, because my wii u freezes even after all updates, if I use online for long. But it does let me onto the RB store for a while.
  • edited January 2013
    latenightrocker;4967241 said:
    hmxhenry, but as I mentioned, this was a problem many many times on the wii, as well. Just not as often as now.

From your OP I understood that you have not been able to connect to leaderboards at all on Wii U, and that Wii U connectivity in general was worse than the Wii. Nothing has changed on our end, so if things are worse and the only thing that's changed is the Wii U, then that's likely not something we can change at all.

As for general Wii server issues, every console has different server restrictions which is why some services vary from console to console. The leaderboards are not accessed the same way the store is, so not all connections process the same way.

But if things have gotten worse, and you are experiencing a number of hardware issues related to connectivity, there may be other factors at play. We'll continue to track server traffic on our end and improve things when possible, but I'd recommend contacting Nintendo about your general connectivity issues.
  • si101cfcsi101cfc Unsigned
    edited January 2013
    I'm on wii in UK and find that the leaderboards update every time almost instantly so think it is just a wii U issue.
  • agiles30agiles30 Opening Act
    edited January 2013
    hmxhenry;4967261 said:
    From your OP I understood that you have not been able to connect to leaderboards at all on Wii U, and that Wii U connectivity in general was worse than the Wii. Nothing has changed on our end, so if things are worse and the only thing that's changed is the Wii U, then that's likely not something we can change at all.

As for general Wii server issues, every console has different server restrictions which is why some services vary from console to console. The leaderboards are not accessed the same way the store is, so not all connections process the same way.

But if things have gotten worse, and you are experiencing a number of hardware issues related to connectivity, there may be other factors at play. We'll continue to track server traffic on our end and improve things when possible, but I'd recommend contacting Nintendo about your general connectivity issues.

I can verify 100% that the issue is with the Wii U. I can connect everytime to the leaderboard on my Wii in the other room, but even when I try something simple like getting an account linking code, the Wii U does not connect properly. The Wii U seems to think that it is connected, letting me select "Play online", etc. but it never actually connects. I will start a ticket with Nintendo to see what their response is.
    edited January 2013
    So I contacted both Harmonix customer support and Nintendo customer support. Both point fingers at each other, claiming that the problem must be on the other side of the connection. I tend to believe Harmonix, as they are a bit smaller of a corporation (and to be honest their responses gave me the feeling that they actually researched the problem a bit more that Nintendo's customer support) however, no solution has been offered. I asked Nintendo customer support if they could try and investigate further but got no response in the last couple of days. Hopefully will hear something more soon.
  • edited January 2013
    agiles30;4971313 said:
    I asked Nintendo customer support if they could try and investigate further but got no response in the last couple of days. Hopefully will hear something more soon.

I'll bump this on my side as well and see if we've gotten any updates.
  • GraemeWGraemeW Unsigned
    edited January 2013
    Just to confirm that I have been on Wii U since Christmas and I also have not once had Rock Band 3 connect to the leaderboards. I also have my old wii in the other room and that connects no problem to the leaderboards. Both work by wireless connection through the same router so no issues there. It does seem to be something to do with the Wii U
    edited January 2013
    yeah, still today it wouldn't connect. Not that my scores today were worth connecting for as I did horribly, but that's another issue.... hard to get the calibration right for this game. If madcatz hadn't stopped making guitars I would get an auto calibration one to try to fix that issue. I don't know why Harmonix doesn't try to get someone to make at least a small supply of peipherals because it's going to hrut them as well, by causing people to stop buying DLC when they have no working guitar anymore.

But back on topic, yeah it still deosn't work. I guess i'll contact Nintendo also.
    edited February 2013
    Whaddayaknow, another play, another day of zero leaderboard functionality. How fun playing this game without leaderboards. Yeah it's still somewhat fun, but after YEARS of playing it, it's far less fun when you can't even see where you're at on leaderboards and can never get new scores submitted to it.
  • wizard3103wizard3103 Unsigned
    edited February 2013
    Same problem here.
    I hoped that it would get fixed fast. But well... No leaderboards on my Wii U either.
    If the missing exports hadn`t been enough...
    Now it`s completely ruined for me. I need my exports and the leaderboards!!!
    Please Harmonix, fix it.
  • DentataDentata Opening Act
    edited February 2013
    wizard3103;4989953 said:
    Same problem here.
    I hoped that it would get fixed fast. But well... No leaderboards on my Wii U either.
    Please Harmonix, fix it.

Just to be clear, Harmonix can't fix it. They can contact Nintendo and let them know about it, but the problem has to be on Nintendo's end. With issues like this, it can be helpful if you contact Nintendo as well about it.
    edited February 2013
    wizard3103;4989953 said:
    Same problem here.
    Please Harmonix, fix it.

The exports have all worked since around Christmas. You just need to re-run the Wii to WiiU transfer tool. Leaderboards on the other hand, depend completely on Nintendo fixing the issue. Perhaps Nintendo will fix it with the WiiU update that is supposed to be coming soon.
    edited March 2013
    You can connect to leaderboards on the WiiU, just not with the profile that you created on your Wii. Create a new one and you're good to go. :D Sadly, you have to go from the ground up with your band again, but hey, here's to reliving the awesomeness that is Rock Band 3 all over again.
  • wizard3103wizard3103 Unsigned
    edited March 2013
    agiles30;4998569 said:
    You can connect to leaderboards on the WiiU, just not with the profile that you created on your Wii. Create a new one and you're good to go. :D Sadly, you have to go from the ground up with your band again, but hey, here's to reliving the awesomeness that is Rock Band 3 all over again.
    Are the highscores transferred to the new band then??? I don`t want to play all my 400-500 songs once again (espacially the disc songs).
    edited March 2013
    While I haven't tried it myself because there is no chance I'm buying a WiiU, the post you quoted explicitly tells you that the high scores are not transferred in any way. If you named your band and characters the same, you could track your progress at rockbandscores.com, since it just uses the text of your name and wouldn't be able to tell the difference (afaik). Your scores wouldn't improve your HMX leaderboard scores because HMX doesn't add up your individual song scores on the leaderboard to get, for example, your career guitar score. Instead it takes the scores from your console, which won't know about your old scores.
    edited March 2013
    Which post? And the high scores ARE still transferred. The new oens just don't get added to the leaderboard.

As for not buying a wiiu, good idea there because it's hilariously void of big name games still. I havent even played a single wii u game on it. I don't regret getting it, though, as RB3 runs smoother than on the wii and I will get wind waker HD later this year ad the next zelda game whenever it's finished.

It's gunny IGN and other sites almost never have any story about a wii u game because there are none worth metnioning.
    edited March 2013
    Maybe I misread, or maybe I wasn't clear. The old scores don't disappear, but are they linked to the new version of the band? If you look at the "song progress" menu (not the leaderboard), do the scores stay the same as when you were on the Wii before transferring? That would indicate that it copies the save file, the bit we can't read that is in the Wii memory and not on the SD card.

Folks have explained how you get new scores on the leaderboard. Again, I can't test it but agiles isn't a troll so I assume he is telling the truth.

The problems with RB3 that were Nintendo's fault and their poor online/network experience are why they don't get my money anymore. There aren't any must-have Nintendo games for me, I just happened to have a Wii when Rock Band came around. My bad luck...
    edited April 2013
    Dentata;5006017 said:
    Maybe I misread, or maybe I wasn't clear. The old scores don't disappear, but are they linked to the new version of the band? If you look at the "song progress" menu (not the leaderboard), do the scores stay the same as when you were on the Wii before transferring?

Everything transfers over to the Wii U, just the network won't read the old profile to upload to the leaderboards. Only profiles created on the Wii U will work normally. You can make fan progress if you desire with your old band but the progress won't be uploaded to the leaderboards.

Unfortunately, unless I'm completely missing something, there is no way to transfer the old band's stuff to the new though I wish there were.