PS3 Rock Band 3 Save File Vanished

JamieDestructoJamieDestructo Unsigned
edited January 2013 in Peer To Peer Support Forum
Apologies if this has been asked and solved before but I'm in dire straits at the moment (no pun intended).

Basically, I booted up Rock Band 3 today to find that... well... the entire save file had been erased. Here I was playing as the default band, all data related to high scores, goal progress, all of it was gone. The hundreds of DLC tracks were still there (thank GOD!) and the trophies all still unlocked but everything else, my precious precious custom band, all of it was gone.

The only possible reason I can find for this is that I found my Rock Band 3 disc on the ground last night (not damaged, just on the ground) and perhaps some dirt might've affected it, but surely the save file is stored on the PS3 itself and not the disc, right?

Comments

• jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited January 2013
    shut it down/ got kicked out of the game while it was saving perhaps?

anyway, if you don't have a backup then yeah, you're pretty much screwed on that one
  • IcemageIcemage Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    RB3's save file can and should be backed up. Any errors during a save operation can cause a total wipe of the save file, and I'm guessing that's what happened here.

If you don't have a backup copy of your save (maybe through PlayStation+?)... bad news, start over with a new band. :/