Yamaha DD-65 with RB3?

jrock82jrock82 Unsigned
edited December 2013 in Peer To Peer Support Forum
Sorry, but I'm a little bit of a NOOB here.

Does anyone know if the Yamaha DD-65 will work for RB3? If so, does it just require the Madcatz RB Midi adapter? How about the Pyle-PRO PTED01? Thanks!

Comments

• edited January 2013
    The Yamaha has a 5 pin MIDI out so it is very likely all you need is an MPA and a cable. After a quick look at the owners manual it looks like you can set your MIDI notes so this should work 100% for RB3, even Pro Mode.

THE Pyle appears to have a USB MIDI out which would take another layer of hardware, like a PC running MIDI OX, extra cables and an MPA.

The DD65 looks like it could be quite fun to use.
  • johnnymac949johnnymac949 Opening Act
    edited February 2013
    I happend to install one of these yesterday with a MPA and all works good for pro mode.
    I would like to see if I can get the hi-hat pedal to toggle between yellow and blue as right now it acts as a second bass pedal...
    Other than that, so far so good!
  • edited February 2013
    johnnymac949;4981468 said:
    I happend to install one of these yesterday with a MPA and all works good for pro mode.
    I would like to see if I can get the hi-hat pedal to toggle between yellow and blue as right now it acts as a second bass pedal...
    Other than that, so far so good!
    Do you have the in game setting for HH ON or OFF?

For some reason having it ON makes my HH act like a second kick pedal but turning it OFF made it so I can use it as a switch.

Maybe that will help.
  • johnnymac949johnnymac949 Opening Act
    edited February 2013
    Thanks Doc, I didn't have the setting on for HH. Once I did that, it stopped acting as a 2nd bass pedal. It still doesn't switch between yellow and blue, it is always on yellow no matter if pressed on/off. Was a good try, but I don't think it support it.

Plus it is hard to switch from IONs to this...too small and I keep missing everything !!!
  • Cr33pingDeathCr33pingDeath Unsigned
    edited December 2013
    Will the RB ADAPTER work with a Pyle Pro PED04? I just purchased it online and it says it has a midi in/out on it so I figured it would work...Looking for any info you could send my way. Thanks!