Problem with Blitz bought via Scratch & Match

BillyrayeBillyraye Unsigned
edited January 2013 in Peer To Peer Support Forum
I have spent the last 40 minutes of my life angrily trying everything I can to get dl songs for Blitz. I saw it was on sale today so I went and got a points card, downloaded the game. It goes into the reading my library, then it says connected to rock central. Press A. There is no prompt for downloading songs anywhere.

I have read a ton of the posts here, tried every work around I can find (recovering gamer tag, deleting files, clearing the cache, etc.). I am ready to throw a controller through the TV. Please help me!

Comments

  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited January 2013
    Did you check your download history?
  • BillyrayeBillyraye Unsigned
    edited January 2013
    Yes I checked my download history. All it has is the download for Rock Band Blitz.
  • welshdragonsodwelshdragonsod Unsigned
    edited January 2013
    Having exact same problem. Have tried everything suggested and still nothing.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited January 2013
    Are you sure you're starting up the game with the same profile you downloaded it on?
  • welshdragonsodwelshdragonsod Unsigned
    edited January 2013
    jibjqrkl;4965510 said:
    Are you sure you're starting up the game with the same profile you downloaded it on?

    Yes. Only got the one profile. like Billyraye says, cleared cache redownloaded etc but nothing...
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited January 2013
    weird, well anyway in that case I suggest you go to http://harmonixmusic.parature.com/ics/support/splash.asp (which is a link to the HMX support site) and look for/make a ticket about it

    These forums here are only for peer 2 peer support and seeing as you've tried pretty much everything here I doubt other users can still help you.
  • welshdragonsodwelshdragonsod Unsigned
    edited January 2013
    jibjqrkl;4965516 said:
    weird, well anyway in that case I suggest you go to http://harmonixmusic.parature.com/ics/support/splash.asp (which is a link to the HMX support site) and look for/make a ticket about it

    These forums here are only for peer 2 peer support and seeing as you've tried pretty much everything here I doubt other users can still help you.

    Just awaiting a response. Personally, I think it's a glitch from buying it in the sales and specials app. Will post if I get it sorted. Thanks though.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited January 2013
    welshdragonsod;4965517 said:
    Just awaiting a response. Personally, I think it's a glitch from buying it in the sales and specials app. Will post if I get it sorted. Thanks though.

    yeah, might take a little while for a response, could be a few days actually. good luck
  • edited January 2013
    Just want to chime in to let people know we're tracking this issue via the support portal that Jibs linked to a few posts up.

    To confirm: Billyraye and Welshdragonsod, you both purchased RB Blitz for 800 MSP on the Xbox via the Scratch & Match game in the Sales & Specials app, correct?

    The initial suspicion is that this has something to do with how Microsoft has hosted the game and soundtrack files as part of this sale offer, so we are reaching out to them for more info. If you've already emailed the support portal, we'll reply when we have more info, otherwise we'll post an update here as well. Thanks for your patience.
  • BillyrayeBillyraye Unsigned
    edited January 2013
    Thank you everyone for the responses. hmxhenry, I can 100% confirm that I did buy Blitz through the Sales and Specials for 800 MSP. I will patiently wait for a reply here as I have not sent in a ticket yet (just got to check this while I am on lunch). Again thank you to the community for the quick responses.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited January 2013
    Anytime, not like I got anything better to do anyway :p
  • edited January 2013
    We've heard back from Microsoft confirming that the Scratch & Match promo was only partially propped. Blitz has 2 components, the game and the soundtrack, and the sale offer ID only points to the game part. We actually ran into the same problem just before Blitz launch, and they fixed it then, so they should be able to fix it now.

    There may be a slight delay, but they're aware of the issue and they know that they've fixed it previously, which is all good news. I'll post when I know more.
  • edited January 2013
    Exciting new development! It turns out Microsoft propped an entirely unique version of Blitz (same game but with different back end data) and they're unable to link this listing with the soundtrack.

    They should be pulling RB Blitz from the Scratch & Match promo shortly, and we've been told Microsoft will be contacting all affected users with replacement codes for Blitz.
  • welshdragonsodwelshdragonsod Unsigned
    edited January 2013
    hmxhenry;4965821 said:
    Exciting new development! It turns out Microsoft propped an entirely unique version of Blitz (same game but with different back end data) and they're unable to link this listing with the soundtrack.

    They should be pulling RB Blitz from the Scratch & Match promo shortly, and we've been told Microsoft will be contacting all affected users with replacement codes for Blitz.

    Great news that it's getting sorted! Thanks for your updates.
  • TheGraysonTheGrayson Unsigned
    edited January 2013
    hmxhenry;4965821 said:
    Exciting new development! It turns out Microsoft propped an entirely unique version of Blitz (same game but with different back end data) and they're unable to link this listing with the soundtrack.

    They should be pulling RB Blitz from the Scratch & Match promo shortly, and we've been told Microsoft will be contacting all affected users with replacement codes for Blitz.

    Any update on this? I've been dealing with Microsoft support for 2 days now, doing all kinds of unistalling/reinstalling and cache wipes. They also had not heard of MS saying they'd give codes to those affected.
  • BillyrayeBillyraye Unsigned
    edited January 2013
    Sounds wonderful, I will keep checking to see when a fix is 100% ready to go . Again thank you for the prompt response, I am glad to find out I was not the problem.
  • GalaKnightGalaKnight Unsigned
    edited January 2013
    Are they going to return it so we can get it on discount?
  • TheGraysonTheGrayson Unsigned
    edited January 2013
    I dont know, but I paid 800msp almost a week ago for a demo. Harmonix wants me to contact Microsoft and they want me to contact Harmonix. I'm pretty sure we just get to eat this one. $10 isn't a lot of money to most I guess.
  • ZashuleZashule Unsigned
    edited January 2013
    TheGrayson;4968919 said:
    I dont know, but I paid 800msp almost a week ago for a demo. Harmonix wants me to contact Microsoft and they want me to contact Harmonix. I'm pretty sure we just get to eat this one. $10 isn't a lot of money to most I guess.

    Same here. I'm ticked. $10 may not seem like much, but I'm not able to get MS points very often due to my finances. Having a kid will do that to you.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited January 2013
    It is obviously Microsoft's fault. so if they try to tell you to talk to Harmonix. tell them no.
  • TheGraysonTheGrayson Unsigned
    edited January 2013
    Zashule;4969035 said:
    Same here. I'm ticked. $10 may not seem like much, but I'm not able to get MS points very often due to my finances. Having a kid will do that to you.
    .
    I'm am in the same boat. I don't mind that there was an issue, I just wish we could get a straight answer from one side. I don't care who.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited January 2013
    TheGrayson;4969174 said:
    .
    I'm am in the same boat. I don't mind that there was an issue, I just wish we could get a straight answer from one side. I don't care who.

    you have a straight answer a few posts above yours:
    hmxhenry;4965821 said:
    Microsoft propped an entirely unique version of Blitz (same game but with different back end data) and they're unable to link this listing with the soundtrack.
    therefore, Microsoft should take care of it, if they don't sue them or something
  • edited January 2013
    I'll follow up first thing tomorrow, but as of last week we had made arrangements to distribute Blitz codes to Microsoft since they had contact and purchase information for all users affected. That process may be moving a bit slower than expected, but rest assured that we'll make sure everyone is taken care of.
  • DanteElDiabloDanteElDiablo Unsigned
    edited January 2013
    It just sucks that the last 800 points I even had I had to spend on something that wont even work :/ The support from Microsoft has been absolutely horrible. I feel like we need to get at least something out of this for all the damn trouble :/
  • TheGraysonTheGrayson Unsigned
    edited January 2013
    hmxhenry;4969243 said:
    I'll follow up first thing tomorrow, but as of last week we had made arrangements to distribute Blitz codes to Microsoft since they had contact and purchase information for all users affected. That process may be moving a bit slower than expected, but rest assured that we'll make sure everyone is taken care of.
    Thank you hmxhenry. You seem to be the only one that knows what's up. I just want to play this kick ass game! Seriously though, thanks man.
  • edited January 2013
    We've gotten word from Microsoft that they should be distributing new Blitz codes to affected users starting today. They have codes in hand, and they have the info of affected users, and they should be distributing them via dash messages.

    I don't have an estimate for how long this process should take, but I would hope that by this time tomorrow everything should be resolved. Keep posted to your dash messages and reach out to Microsoft if you need any additional info. I'll follow up here if I get any further updates.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited January 2013
    I'm guessing the sale itself won't be back? Saw some people asking about that as well, any info?
  • edited January 2013
    jibjqrkl;4970575 said:
    I'm guessing the sale itself won't be back? Saw some people asking about that as well, any info?

    The issues with the sale was that the Scratch & Match promo couldn't accommodate multiple title IDs. Most games only have one title ID, but Blitz has 1 for the "game" shell and 1 for the soundtrack, which is what allows it to function as DLC in RB3. What Microsoft did was link the 1 title ID for the "game" shell which didn't include the soundtrack. So they would have to alter the Scratch & Match set up to allow for multiple title IDs (which is unlikely given that it's an extreme rarity) or we'd have to submit an entirely new version of Blitz with the game and soundtrack under 1 title ID (which is even less likely for all of the reasons).

    But we are working with Microsoft to see if there is another promo that makes sense with Blitz and hopefully we'll be able to offer it at a discount again soon.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited January 2013
    right, I'll just copy/paste that in the thread asking about this in the blitz section then :p
  • welshdragonsodwelshdragonsod Unsigned
    edited January 2013
    Got my code and all working well now. Thanks for keeping us updated on developments hmxhenry, Microsoft support were a complete joke...
Sign In or Register to comment.