What do you hope will come in the next three months?

FujiSkunkFujiSkunk Headliner
edited January 2013 in Your Ultimate Setlist
So we're told DLC is planned for the next three months, and after that... well, we know DLC is planned for the next three months.

Given the circumstances, the current catalog, and the knowledge some artists just didn't want to play ball, what do you hope will appear during this time? Of course I still want lots of Floyd, Eagles, Zeppelin and Alan Parsons, but I don't really expect that. Instead, I hope we at least get one or more of these before it all comes to an end.

INXS - We need some songs to go with "Need You Tonight." A pack of "What You Need," "Devil Inside" and "New Sensation" would do nicely.

Dire Straits - If nothing else, I at least hope for "Money for Nothing" and "Sultans of Swing" to match what Guitar Hero got.

Golden Earring - They have two big hits. "Radar Love" is in the game. My fingers are crossed for "Twilight Zone."

Depeche Mode - The forums begged for "Enjoy the Silence" when the first pack was announced. I'm still begging. And hoping.

Comments

• GandWuserGandWuser Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    Nightwish.

But to be realistic, we'll probably get more 3 packs from one-hit wonders no one cares about (like Toadies and Rick Springfield).
  • PanicAttack90PanicAttack90 Unsigned
    edited January 2013
    GandWuser;4965898 said:
    Nightwish.

This, and other artists in the same/similar genres.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited January 2013
    They said there were some "returning favorites" on the schedule as well as some newcomers. I hope to god Rush are among them.
  • Gamer1270Gamer1270 Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    Pop Punk
    Paramore
    The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
    Blink-182
    Green Day
    Fall Out Boy
    We Are in the Crowd
    Sum 41
    Good Charlotte
    Simple Plan
    Panic! At the Disco
    The All-American Rejects
    New Found Glory
    My Chemical Romance
    Four Year Strong
    A Day to Remember
    All Time Low
    Box Car Racer

Metal
    Within Temptation
    Avenged Sevenfold
    Bullet for My Valentine
    Evanescence
    Slipknot
    System of a Down
    Disturbed
    August Burns Red
    Red
    Breaking Benjamin
    Trivium
    Apocalyptica
    Whitechapel
    Dethklok
    Black Veil Brides
    All That Remains
    Chelle
    Machine Head
    Five Finger Death Punch
    Volbeat
    Linkin Park

Rock
    Skillet
    Sick Puppies
    Papa Roach
    Three Days Grace
    The Black Keys

Pop
    Katy Perry
    Adele
    Owl City
    PSY
    Bruno Mars

Alternative Rock
    30 Seconds to Mars
    Weezer
    Flyleaf
    Red Hot Chili Peppers
    Train
    Coldplay
    Muse

Indie
    Gotye
    Asian Kung-Fu Generation
    Fun.
    Foster the People

Country
    Taylor Swift
  • Henry_SardonicusHenry_Sardonicus Rising Star
    edited January 2013
    I hope that we get a new artist that I actually really like, like Brand New or Arctic Monkeys. For returning artists, if they're favorites, I hope it's more RB3 bands like The Cure, Dire Straits, or the Beach Boys.

I'm ambivalent towards Muse.
    edited January 2013
    Gamer1270;4965964 said:
    Fun.
    Foster the People

No RB Blitz artists have any further content on the schedule.
  • HairlooksgreatHairlooksgreat Opening Act
    edited January 2013
    SheSaidSheSaid;4965933 said:
    They said there were some "returning favorites" on the schedule as well as some newcomers. I hope to god Rush are among them.

^^^^ +1,000,000

And some more Boston would be a nice send off.
    edited January 2013
    But honestly, next week it'll probably be a 3-pack from Los Del Rio, Baha Men, or Sir Mix-a-Lot.
  • edited January 2013
    I would totally buy Baby Got Back.
  • RuseBalaxinRuseBalaxin Opening Act
    edited January 2013
    I'd like to see more songs focused around Keys. Is it too much to ask for
    "My Immortal" at this point? Feels like we should've gotten that song ages ago. Anything from Supertramp would also fit the bill well. And while I doubt we'll get the remainder of the Guitar Hero exclusives, it would be a real treat to NOT have to fire up GH World Tour every time I want to play Hotel California, Beat It
    or Schism.

So, come on Harmonix. Impress us. :)
  • nascargo19nascargo19 Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    Some bands I would like to have. Hopefully we get at least one of these.

Alice In Chains (If we only get Them Bones, I'm good)
    Alter Bridge
    Disturbed
    Dream Theater
    Evanescence
    Godsmack
    Journey
    Katy Perry
    Megadeth
    Metallica
    Motley Crue
    Nickelback
    Ozzy
    Pantera (Cowboys from Hell and Cemetary Gates plz)
    Rush
    Slayer
    Staind
    Trapt
    Whitesnake (Is This Love)
  • mdogg094mdogg094 Unsigned
    edited January 2013
    Honestly, it's pointless to even say it considering all of the crazy fanboyism on these forums, but I would love to see Muse, and then my other favorites that barely get any attention in Rock Band (Killers, Smashing Pumpkins, Radiohead, Silversun Pickups). I'd also be down for some arcade fire.

(and "State of Grace" by Taylor Swift. Take my "man card" if you must, but that song is by far the best thing she's ever written.)
  • skyp1eskyp1e Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    Steely Dan - Aja

Emerson Lake & Palmer - Piano Concerto No. 1

Gentle Giant - Proclamation

Frank Zappa - Montana

Jethro Tull - Locomotive Breath

Madness - Our House

They Might Be Giants - Birdhouse In Your Soul

Journey - Open Arms

Derek and the Dominos - Layla

Thomas Dolby - Blinded Me With Science

Supertramp - Logical Song

Murray Head - One Night In Bangkok

The Captain and Tennille - Love Will Keep Us Together

Simon and Garfunkle - Scarborough Fair

Billy Joel - Rootbeer Rag

Cindi Lauper - Girls Just Want To Have Fun

The Doors - When The Music's Over

Toto - Africa

The Buggles - Video Killed The Radio Star

Helen Reddy - Angie Baby

Coven - One Tin Soldier

Cher - Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves

Del Shannon - Runaway
  • Henry_SardonicusHenry_Sardonicus Rising Star
    edited January 2013
    Now that I think about it, if it's returning favorites, I really hope it's a pack of Dream Theater.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited January 2013
    My realistic hopes:
    More
    Disturbed
    The Cure
    The Killers
    Alice in Chains

New
    Alter Bridge
    Semisonic
    Bloc Party
    Madness

Unrealistic hopes:
    More
    Linkin Park
    Green Day
    The Offspring
    Tegan and Sara
  • jayou521jayou521 Washed Up
    edited January 2013
    More Dire Straits, at least "Sultans of Swing".
    Henry_Sardonicus;4966993 said:
    Now that I think about it, if it's returning favorites, I really hope it's a pack of Dream Theater.
    Considering they were once thinking about putting their entire catalog on the RBN~ it would be really disappointing if the series ended without us getting songs off of Images and Words~ I want my "Metropolis Pt. 1"
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    edited January 2013
    GandWuser;4965898 said:
    Nightwish.

But to be realistic, we'll probably get more 3 packs from one-hit wonders no one cares about (like Toadies and Rick Springfield).

I care for Toadies and Rick Springfield isn't a one hit wonder, hold your criticisms my friend.
  • MarlboroMarlboro Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    Since Guns' is still out of question

"Bad Kids" by The Black Lips
    "Dear God" by XTC
    "Janie Jones" by The Clash
    "Hazy Shade Of Winter" by The Bangles
    "Walking in L.A." by Missing Persons
    grumblevolcano;4967025 said:
    Unrealistic hopes:
    More
    Tegan and Sara

The new T&S record comes out on the 29th (yay) so its not that unrealistic, it could happen... hope it does.
    edited January 2013
    Marlboro;4967094 said:
    The new T&S record comes out on the 29th (yay) so its not that unrealistic, it could happen... hope it does.

Hasn't it been like, maybe 3 or 4 times ever that DLC has been released in conjunction with an album drop?
  • RadionerdRadionerd Unsigned
    edited January 2013
    Just give me this and close the store :

''I am the Highway'' by Audioslave
    ''Rock Box'' by RUN D.M.C.
    ''Still Loving You'' by Scorpions

And more Chris Cornell, Radiohead, Alice in Chains.

Some Lionel Richie, Portishead, Rolling Stones and Supertramp would be nice too.
  • TheGuyThatPlaysTheGuyThatPlays Opening Act
    edited January 2013
    I'm mostly hoping for more Muse, Dredg, Katatonia, Mastodon, Devin Townsend, and Opeth.
  • DanManRockerDanManRocker Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    Apparently anything Blitz. They really want those out as DLC soon.

Why not just release it all like a normal pack? Don't they have other artists to ask, or are they just getting lazy? It would save us more time.
  • DoughoefDoughoef Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
  • MetalForeverMetalForever Unsigned
    edited January 2013
    In all honesty I would like to see some Taylor Swift and Zac Brown Band on Rock Band it would be great.

I also saw someone said Dethklok, I would pick up any of that in a second haha, also wouldn't mind some more Three Inches of Blood or Flight of the Conchords.

Or pretty much anything fun to play in Rock Band.

I agree with the above comment, some more Radiohead would be great, I only have Creep in my RB library.

Now that I think of it, some Two Door Cinema Club, XX, Of Monsters and Men and Fleet Foxes would all be good additions even if it was just on RBN.

And I would love to see Whipping Post, FINALLY be DLC.
    mdogg094;4966693 said:

and "State of Grace" by Taylor Swift. Take my "man card" if you must, but that song is by far the best thing she's ever written.

Have you heard the acoustic version of State of Grace? It is incredible. I really do hope they put at least one Taylor Swift song in RB (just please no crappy pop ones) But State of Grace would be great I agree.
    edited January 2013
    You know, I just thought of something. With the entirity of Blitz and Green Day as DLC, would having the setlists from 1 and maybe Lego make sense to guess?
  • edited January 2013
    DanManRocker;4969656 said:
    Apparently anything Blitz. They really want those out as DLC soon.

Why not just release it all like a normal pack? Don't they have other artists to ask, or are they just getting lazy? It would save us more time.
    From the original announcement FAQ in case you haven't read it:
    HMXhenry said:
    5. Why aren’t you releasing all the Blitz songs at once?

Releasing large batches of songs requires a ton of production bandwidth, both for our DLC team and for 1st party testers. Even though these songs were previously available in Blitz, releasing them as singles still requires additional testing and submission time that wasn’t available while developing other titles.
    We're not lazy, we're hard at work on other games.
    GandWuser;4969922 said:
    You know, I just thought of something. With the entirity of Blitz and Green Day as DLC, would having the setlists from 1 and maybe Lego make sense to guess?

I've responded to this previously in other threads, but we don't have any plans at this time to re release RB1 or LRB as DLC. Disc licensing and DLC licensing isn't always the same so just because it's happened for one game doesn't mean it's possible for all other games. Additionally, Blitz was already a downloadable title and now it's just being released in a different format. And GDRB is all one band / label, where as RB1 and LRB are ~50 different bands on dozens of labels, which makes things much more difficult. Totally reasonable thing to ask about, but it's not something we're considering at this time.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited January 2013
    hmxhenry;4969949 said:

We're not lazy, we're hard at work on other games.

Or both ;)
  • edited January 2013
    jibjqrkl;4969952 said:
    Or both ;)

We're lazy at work on other games.
    edited January 2013
    hmxhenry;4969949 said:
    I've responded to this previously in other threads, but we don't have any plans at this time to re release RB1 or LRB as DLC. Disc licensing and DLC licensing isn't always the same so just because it's happened for one game doesn't mean it's possible for all other games. Additionally, Blitz was already a downloadable title and now it's just being released in a different format. And GDRB is all one band / label, where as RB1 and LRB are ~50 different bands on dozens of labels, which makes things much more difficult. Totally reasonable thing to ask about, but it's not something we're considering at this time.
    Damn, shot down by an employee. :(
  • edited January 2013
    GandWuser;4970043 said:
    Damn, shot down by an employee. :(

Not shooting down, just shaping expectations accordingly! I don't want to see people hoping / expecting for something that isn't coming.