Profile Name?

wgwolfwgwolf Unsigned
edited January 2013 in Peer To Peer Support Forum
While playing recently in the middle of a full band session I got disconnected then when I tried to reconnect then when I tried reconnecting I got a message saying "Your profile has been unregistered because Wolf is no longer considered classy" I have used Wolf as my online since rb3 first came out and have had no issues with anyone thinking it's offensive or anything of sorts. I'd like to keep "Wolf" as my name since I've used it for a long time and that's what people know me by and that's where my scores are. I tried re-registering it and got the same message. I have to option to swap names when I try to register. If I do "swap names" will I keep my old scores and all? I really don't want to lose them as I spent a bit of time on them... If it helps any I play on wii. I also have a video showing when the screen first came up and what the different screens say and look like.

Comments

• brookfieldworldorderbrookfieldworldorder Opening Act
    edited January 2013
    Same thing happened to me. Had to change my profile name from bWo to bWov1, but my career score seems to have migrated to my new profile name.

Wondering if anyone else is affected? This can't be a coincidence.
  • Suze60Suze60 Unsigned
    edited January 2013
    Same thing happened to me. I have not changed my profile name. Not sure what I should do.
  • RingoHallidayRingoHalliday Opening Act
    edited January 2013
    This happened to me this AM. I am rather peeved about it. I have been playing on RB3 with "Ringo" as my screen name since the day of release (in fact I picked my copy up at midnight pre-order and started my RB3 journey rather shortly after midnight.

It refuses to allow me to see leaderboards, I can't register a new name. I feel stuck. I have been playing RB3 most nights since it's release day, and I feel as it thousands of hours of my time went into it, and although I rarely played online, everytime I finish a song and can see where I rank makes it all feel more special.

ALSO: More importantly I don't WANT to register a new name. I want MY NAME. This has me rather disheartened.
  • IcedogIcedog Unsigned
    edited January 2013
    Same here. My name was "icedog", and now my name is "no longer considered classy". It happened to me right when I started the game and connected to the online servers.

I looked in another thread and a Harmonix developer said that "classiness" is decided by the console's company, not anyone at Rock Band. Although, I can't seem to find the thread where that was stated, so that might not be accurate. But seeing that everyone in this thread is a Wii user, I think this is probably some sort of problem with the Wii version.

I personally would be fine with changing my name slightly, but it is quite an inconvenience.
  • RingoHallidayRingoHalliday Opening Act
    edited January 2013
    Well, my wife's screen name is a no go too, and her's is just "Tina." ARRrrrggghhhh!!!!!

Someone know how to get in touch with someone at Harmonix that can somehow bridge this? This is more than just a tad bit ridiculous.

I also see no option for re-naming my screen name. It is not the band name that is the issue, which I think could be re-named easily under the edit band options (and my band name was randomly generated by the game, so if the name is offensive it's on Harmonix)... but I see no option for renaming my screen name. I can NOT re-start from scratch. Having played this from the first day of release, and having completed sooooo many goals that I don't want to ever have to repeat (not to mention some that would be tiresomely obnoxious to, such as the HO-POcidal Maniac goal, I use the unlockable I earned quite proudly as the instrument for my avatar, no way am I repeating the tiresome task of THAT goal again because someone got a bug up their bum about my screen name, which up until this AM was no an issue)
  • IcedogIcedog Unsigned
    edited January 2013
    RingoHalliday;4968083 said:
    Well, my wife's screen name is a no go too, and her's is just "Tina." ARRrrrggghhhh!!!!!

Someone know how to get in touch with someone at Harmonix that can somehow bridge this? This is more than just a tad bit ridiculous.

I also see no option for re-naming my screen name. It is not the band name that is the issue, which I think could be re-named easily under the edit band options (and my band name was randomly generated by the game, so if the name is offensive it's on Harmonix)... but I see no option for renaming my screen name. I can NOT re-start from scratch. Having played this from the first day of release, and having completed sooooo many goals that I don't want to ever have to repeat (not to mention some that would be tiresomely obnoxious to, such as the HO-POcidal Maniac goal, I use the unlockable I earned quite proudly as the instrument for my avatar, no way am I repeating the tiresome task of THAT goal again because someone got a bug up their bum about my screen name, which up until this AM was no an issue)

You don't have to lose your goals. To change my name, I re-registered my profile, and it told me the name wasn't classy. Then I just selected the option to choose a new name, entered my new name, and was able to connect online. I kept all my achieved goals, fans, and all that good stuff. I think that information is stored locally on your Wii console.