What's your dream job?

SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
edited January 2013 in Less Rokk More Talk
Do you have it? Do you have only one? Have you always had only one?

My dream job is to make movies for a living. I'm quite sure of that now, but I've had my eyes on other things in years past. When I was a kid, I wanted to be a reporter. I have 9/11 to thank for getting me off that path. Not 9/11 itself. For as horrible as it was, I understood it was a newsworthy (to say the least) thing that happened. I even saved a few newspapers from that day for a while, until I realized I didn't really want them. No, it was a few weeks later when there was a big fuss about airing cell phone calls that came off the hijacked planes. I thought this was exploitative and wrong, and it made me realize that that's a lot of what journalism is.

Then for a time I wanted to do music production. Honing in on it I guess, not a spectacularly far cry from visual arts. I actually took some college coursework in audio production and produced an album and a demo tape for local bands. Fun as hell...but there's really no future there. It takes a colossal up-front investment to get there.

And while making movies may never be my 'job' per se -- I doubt I'll end up in Hollywood -- it's much easier to get started in that. I'm quite sure I'll have something produced this year :D It's very exciting.

Comments