Super Smash Bros. Discussion Thread

ZoiloCruzZoiloCruz Rising Star
edited October 2013 in Less Rokk More Talk
I guess got tired of all the character wishlist on youtube -_- So I guess I make my own here on rockband.com :D I've thought this through (except the movesets since I feel it's up to the developers to decide that).

Krystal from Star Fox Adventures:

If Fox still had the staff he would still kicks ass in SSB, but apparently Krystal won't share her staff (bummer isn't it? -_-) So putting a list of moves with her and her staff would create a pretty unique fighting style and also put another female in the game which aren't a lot of.

King K. Rool from the Donkey Kong Country series:

IDK a lot about this character, but looking at him just makes me wonder wouldn't his moves kick ass? I do know he has some projectiles at his disposes and I feel that would pack way more of a punch instead of just jamming in another DK character (Dixie Kong -_-) that wouldn't fit in SSB.

Ridley from the Metroid series:

Don't know too much about the character other than he was in SSBB as a boss character, but looking at him just makes you wonder what kind of insane moves he could pull off in the game. Also there ain't a lot of characters from the Metroid world that would make great additions other than Dark Samus which I feel would be better for character skin rather than a waste character slot.

Lloyd from Tales of Symphonia:

Don't know too much about him (or the game xD) But I do know he is represented by Namco and that he made an appearance in Soul Calibur Legends for the wii. His twin blades would surely kick ass and seeing how his cartoonish the graphics were in the game he would quite well in SSB.

Pacman :

Seeing how popular the arcade game was in the 80's and that eventually spawn into loads of merchandise and loads of games. Pacman is Namco's most beloved and most recognized characters (even more than Mario & Sonic) in the history of gaming. His moves do seem to be a copy of both Mario and Sonic :/ But something really unique about Pacman would be his ability to eat almost anything. Heck I would like see his final smash pay a homage to his arcade days by turning your opponents into ghost getting the power pellet and eating everyone in the matters of seconds.

Ninja from I-Ninja:

I'm currently playing this game :D But damn it's loads of fun xD Seeing how the idea to add Tekken and Soul Calibur characters to the game seems like a cool idea, is really not :/The characters would be straight out of place since all them just fit more in PS's Battle Royale rather than SSB. So after investigating for Namco character's for the new SSB and I've thought wouldn't it great to add "Ninja" in as a secret character (as a great surprise too :D) He's instantly a likable character in the game and his moves... god his moves just range to all sorts of goodies. Like the ability to throw ninja stars, hover using his sword, wall climb, he even got a chain for those who like to hang on ledges (or grab opponents from a far). Also his cartoony graphics just scream out PUT ME IN SMASH BROS. GOT DAMMIT!!! If they ever put him in the game I'll be insanely happy :D Please Namco, I beg of you... PUT NINJA IN THE GAME!!!!

Megaman X from the X series:

Seeing how there's loads of rumors on how he'll be perfect in the game, he is. Megaman has the ability to copy abilities from the opponents he has beaten (not that I'm saying make him like Kirby ._.) But it would be great seeing a complied list of abilities in his past games. He can wield Zero's Z Saber so if we don't get Zero :( we'll have some sets of his moves at X's disposal. In my opinion I go for the X version (and maybe other types of Megamans available as his skins) since it's a bit more mature than the original one and has loads of likable (and badass >:) characters. X can be play as Samus in Brawl (as a hacked skin for Samus) and just seeing how he fits in SSB Universe just begs to be put in the game, with his own set of moves of course.

Zero from the X series:

This is just a fan boy request xD But also seeing how Zero's list of moves just makes perfect to be put in a fighting game (hence why he was added in MvC 3 and not Megaman) Also seeing how the SSBB hack created a skin for Link he just fits right at home with the SSB universe. I don't see Zero getting in the game because mostly the spotlight is on Megaman, but it sure it would be nice to see him added in the game somehow (maybe a DLC?).

Sigma from the X series:

While playing the first ever Megaman X and seeing how great is the boss battle with Sigma :D Why not add him in the game? Seeing how X and Zero fit in the game heck why not add their arch nemesis in the game? Then again is just a fanboy request :/

Little Mac from Punch Out series:

Seeing how bunch of people mention his name on their wishlist made him pretty much a character worth checking out. Don't know a lot about him, but I do know a boxer fighting stance would kick ass in the game. Also would provide a unique fighting style for those tired of seeing clones in the game.

Final Fantasy characters from Mario Hoops 3 on 3 and Mario Sports Mix:

Don't know a lot of the characters from FF, but I sure do know they appear on those games which gives an excellent chance to be in SSB. Also I heard a lot of people wanting Geno in Smash Bros. which I feel would be a nice addition to the game, but then again licensing is also a ***** -_-

Yeah not probably the greatest list, but a reasonable one. I don't feel the need to just jam a random bunch of characters in the game because 1.) They wouldn't fit in a fighter game and 2.) probably won't satisfied everyone. So yeah just post or comment about the list and feel free to compile your own list. (This list was just compiled out of boredom :P so don't take it too serious)

Comments

• charliesmilecharliesmile Opening Act
    edited January 2013
    (Original) Mega Man.
    Not crappy box art Mega Man, not Mega Man X, and certainly not Mega Man Volnutt.
    The original, and the best, Blue Bomber.

All other choices are irrelevant.
  • ZoiloCruzZoiloCruz Rising Star
    edited January 2013
    charliesmile;4969494 said:
    (Original) Mega Man.
    Not crappy box art Mega Man, not Mega Man X, and certainly not Mega Man Volnutt.
    The original, and the best, Blue Bomber.

All other choices are irrelevant.
    Then go play Marvel vs Capcom :P
  • GreatJedi7GreatJedi7 Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    Banjo and Kazooie would be cool. Left/Right-B could fire eggs, Down-B could be the lunge attack thingy (don't know if it has a name), Up-B could be something similar to launching off a flight pad. I don't know what B could be. And of course the shield would have to be Wonderwing. Maybe for the final smash they can summon the Jinjonator who targets a random player?

Paper Mario would also awesome. Left/Right-B would be using Kooper, Up-B would be the paper airplane mode, Down-B would be using Bombette, regular B would be the hammer. Then the final smash could be the Star Beam from the original Paper Mario.
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    edited January 2013
    Tom Nook is the number one character I want

I think it would also be awesome to get Little Mac, Chibi-Robo, Ray MKIII, and Bowser Jr.

also I hope they don't cut any characters and bring back Mewtwo
    edited January 2013
    GreatJedi7;4969517 said:
    Banjo and Kazooie would be cool. Left/Right-B could fire eggs, Down-B could be the lunge attack thingy (don't know if it has a name), Up-B could be something similar to launching off a flight pad. I don't know what B could be. And of course the shield would have to be Wonderwing. Maybe for the final smash they can summon the Jinjonator who targets a random player?

Paper Mario would also awesome. Left/Right-B would be using Kooper, Up-B would be the paper airplane mode, Down-B would be using Bombette, regular B would be the hammer. Then the final smash could be the Star Beam from the original Paper Mario.
    Yeah, but Rare owns the rights to Banjo Kazooie :/ And paper mario will get some sort of representation since many have mentioned him to be in the game.
    Tom Nook is the number one character I want

I think it would also be awesome to get Little Mac, Chibi-Robo, Ray MKIII, and Bowser Jr.

also I hope they don't cut any characters and bring back Mewtwo
    Don't know how Tom Nook would work O.O But yeah I forgot about Bowser Jr. :D With his brush he will surely would surely have a unique fighting style to Smash Bro. Don't know able Chibi-Robo, but likes loads of fun to in Smash Bros. shock people with his plug I've bet xD
    edited January 2013
    ZoiloCruz;4969585 said:
    Don't know how Tom Nook would work O.O

they got Peach, Captain Falcon, and Game & Watch to work they can easy make something for him...

I was gonna make a moveset on the spot but then I found this... which was exactly the same thing I was writing except the Side B is different (also it is worded much better

B: Heave furniture, I really like this move because it actually works this way in Animal Crossing too. Throw a leaf forward and it turns into a random piece furniture that the opponent has to avoid. If it hits a person, it does damage and stays there posing as an obstacle. The obstacle does no damage, but must be jumped over. The furniture can be used as a platform as well. Useful for stage control and edgeguarding. Press B again to pick up the furniture if Nook is right next to it. The furniture can be destroyed like Wario's bike and Nook can only have three pieces of furniture out on the screen at any time, regardless of what attack he uses to place furniture.

Forward B: You swing out your net over your head just like in the game and you can catch projectiles and items alike, and they get stuck in your net, then the next time you press sideways b you throw it. If the net hits a person, they get stunned with the "wtf?" look in Animal Crossing whenever you hit someone with a net. This allows you enough time to run in and get right next to them, but not enough time to attack. It is just a long range poke that allows Nook to get in. If the net hits an aerial opponent they get meteor smashed.

Down B: Bury a pitfall that takes about 2 seconds to activate. Whoever walks over it falls in and they have to repeatedley press A to escape. No other buttons.

Up B: Tom Nook takes out a leaf from his pocket and puts it under him, which creates a platform below him in the shape of a random piece of bouncy furniture that is falling. He can walk on top of the furniture as it is falling or tie balloons, but if he's trying to recover you'll just die if you try to do anything fancy. Similar to the falling platforms on Rainbow Cruise. Any jump taken while on the platform is twice as high due to the platform's bouncy nature. If the platform touches solid ground, it will stay there while still retaining its bouncy properties.
    edited January 2013
    firedoom666;4969616 said:
    they got Peach, Captain Falcon, and Game & Watch to work they can easy make something for him...
    Woah... That some thought out move list O.O But IDK I still feel Tom would not be a good choice maybe as DLC, but IDK
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited January 2013
    I definitely want more SEGA characters. A couple more sonic characters maybe Knuckles and Shadow for example. Also Beat and Vyse would work well.
    edited January 2013
    grumblevolcano;4969741 said:
    I definitely want more SEGA characters. A couple more sonic characters maybe Knuckles and Shadow for example. Also Beat and Vyse would work well.
    Yes -_- I bet you do -_- But licencing is an issue even if it's not for Nintendo it still wouldn't happen because the creator of Smash Bros. said, "Will willy nilly lose focus of the game" But I did hear they were interested in adding a Capcom character which could be a confirmation for Megaman, but who knows what might happen in the fourth installment of Smash Bros. :D
    edited January 2013
    I hope that they keep the third party characters to a minimum... only one per company
    edited January 2013
    Hey how you guys feel about a Tekken or Soul Calibur character be in the game? :D
    edited January 2013
    I don't like it... but as my previous post I don't care much for third party characters

I think the only new third party characters I would want is Megaman, Lloyd, and The Duke of Gravity
  • edited January 2013
    I gotta agree with Firedoom. Too many 3rd parties is not a good thing.

Banjo and Kazooie would be cool but I doubt Rare would let it happen.

Tina Fey from Bayonetta seems likely.

Ray-Man would be cool.

As for Nintendo properties:

Would Tingle be so crazy? I think he would be an awesome pick.

Tom Nook would be cool

Maybe a Team Rocket member similar to the Pokemon Trainer

Ridley would be cool but I don't know how they could do it

Professor Layton could be possible
    edited January 2013
    firedoom666;4971005 said:
    I don't like it... but as my previous post I don't care much for third party characters

I think the only new third party characters I would want is Megaman, Lloyd, and The Duke of Gravity
    Yeah it would just look weird O.O I'm a big fan of both fighting games, but I don't think they will fit well in Smash Bros.

Hey :D There's this pretty weird Japanese game called "Dreammix TV" release after Smash Bros. Melee :D The thing I fine interesting in the game is the character roster :D Ranging from Simon Belmont, Optimus Prime, Solid Snake, Bomberman, and Megatron xD I think some those characters may fit well in Smash Bros. (Not referring the transformer characters -_-) but yeah :D I have heard people saying they want Simon Belmont in the game and Bomberman as one of those suggested Namco characters :D
    edited January 2013
    MagicMurderBag7;4971035 said:
    I gotta agree with Firedoom. Too many 3rd parties is not a good thing.

Banjo and Kazooie would be cool but I doubt Rare would let it happen.

Tina Fey from Bayonetta seems likely.

Ray-Man would be cool.

As for Nintendo properties:

Would Tingle be so crazy? I think he would be an awesome pick.

Tom Nook would be cool

Maybe a Team Rocket member similar to the Pokemon Trainer

Professor Layton could be possible

I knew I was forgetting another awesome 3rd party. Professor Layton would be awesome

I think it would also be cool to have Phoenix Wright but I would prefer Megaman as a Capcom Rep
  • edited January 2013
    Isn't Layton owned by Nintendo?
    edited January 2013
    MagicMurderBag7;4971035 said:

Bowser is freakin' huge in a few of the Mario games, yet he's scaled down to fit in the Smash universe. I don't see why they can't do the same for Ridley.
    edited January 2013
    MagicMurderBag7;4971044 said:
    Isn't Layton owned by Nintendo?

nope he is owned by Level-5

in America (and maybe Europe) he is published by Nintendo
  • edited January 2013
    GreatJedi7;4971047 said:
    Bowser is freakin' huge in a few of the Mario games, yet he's scaled down to fit in the Smash universe. I don't see why they can't do the same for Ridley.

Yeah I guess.

Olimar is actually only like an inch or 2 tall.
    edited January 2013
    MagicMurderBag7;4971050 said:
    Yeah I guess.

Yeah, that too.
    edited January 2013
    MagicMurderBag7;4971050 said:
    Yeah I guess.

less... he is the size of a Quarter
  • edited January 2013
    I know he's tiny.

I would also love for them to add Louie but I know he would just be a clone of Olimar.
    edited January 2013
    man this conversation gives me nostalgia from my time on the Smash Bro Boards on Gamefaqs...

except people here are a lot more respectful and listen to logic and reason
  • edited January 2013
    It will be a sad day in Smash Bros. when they add Birdo and Waluigi.
    edited January 2013
    This kind of unrelated to any characters, and I don't know if you guys noticed, but it was announced in today's Nintendo Direct that we'll be seeing screenshots of SSB4 at E3 this year. Not surprised, really, but still cool.
    edited January 2013
    GreatJedi7;4971060 said:
    This kind of unrelated to any characters, and I don't know if you guys noticed, but it was announced in today's Nintendo Direct that we'll be seeing screenshots of SSB4 at E3 this year. Not surprised, really, but still cool.

I bet there will be more than screenshots...
  • edited January 2013
    I think they said a trailer. Likely introducing a new character or two like Brawl's did.
  • edited January 2013
    How about the Ghost from Geist?

I never got around to finishing that game.
    edited January 2013
    I think that would be interesting but I am not sure he is really relevant of popular
  • edited January 2013
    Ness, Pit, and The Ice Climbers weren't very relevant either but they made it in. It might be a good way to bring interest to the series so Nintendo doesn't have to rely souly on Metroid for a more mature gaming experience.