Discussion Thread: DLC Week of 1/29 - Aerosmith 6 Pack! Plus 2 Pro Guitar Upgrades!

Comments

  • *Josie**Josie* Rising Star
    edited January 2013
    OMG!!! Thank You...Thank You... Thank You!!!!!
  • fcmleftyfcmlefty Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    Sweet! Nice pack! Never thought we'd see Aerosmith again.
  • dragoninforcerdragoninforcer UnWashed
    edited January 2013
    You people should check out the tracks from the new album. They picked out IMO the best two songs from it.
  • peterock2007peterock2007 Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    Henry_Sardonicus;4971979 said:
    Guys, we should all just be thankful that none of these songs are Crying,I Don't Want to Miss a Thing, or Amazing

    Fixed that.

    I'm actually happy, I didn't think an Aerosmith pack could make me happy. But this song list is far better than expect, not perfect, but close.
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    first of all, congrats to HMX for getting aerosmith and (non-fake) steven tyler in the game. additional congrats and thanks for giving us a six-pack. and finally, thanks for TWO pro upgrades once again.

    i'm not an aerosmith fan but i'll probably pick up a few of these tracks. won't bother with the new ones, but i'll get walk this way (wish it had been picked for a pro upgrade though), sweet emotion and dream on. it's too bad dream on is a live version, but i'm assuming that had something to do with availability of masters. i'll listen to the other 3 but doubt i'll be getting any of them. can't really say i'm excited about these songs, but they're good pickups anyway, and definitely huge songs for the game.
  • Dadasaurus RexDadasaurus Rex Rawwwwwwr!
    edited January 2013
    Coolness. Gotta pick up the pack.
  • samjjonessamjjones Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    Just when I thought I was out.

    They pull me back in.

    RIP Fake Steven Tyler.

    Never forget.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited January 2013
    Henry_Sardonicus;4971979 said:
    Guys, we should all just be thankful that none of these songs are Dude (Looks Like a Lady).

    What do you mean? That's like the only song that I wanted but isn't here. At least we got Walk This Way and Sweet Emotion. I'm so excited for those.
  • MrMet2087MrMet2087 Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    Awesome! This release by the way is 100% proof that GH exclusive bands have a 5 year period of exclusivity as previously rumored. The game came out in July of 07. So 5 years means July of 2012 the exclusivity ends. They license Aerosmith and it’s been confirmed DLC takes 6-7 months from contact for licensing to being released, so that means July of 2012 license is going to be released Jan of 2013. Perfect. I guess that means we can expect Metallica’s exclusivity to end in March of 2014, as Metallica was released march of 2009, and a Metallica pack to come out September of 2014, remember this post everyone, I’m calling it now :)
  • samjjonessamjjones Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    Also, does 6 songs next week mean we've exceeded the maximum DLC pipeline allowance for the month of February, too?

    ;)
  • AlternityAlternity Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    Yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited January 2013
    MrMet2087;4972011 said:
    This release by the way is 100% proof that GH exclusive bands have a 5 year period of exclusivity as previously rumored. The game came out in July of 07. So 5 years means July of 2012 the exclusivity ends. They license Aerosmith and it’s been confirmed DLC takes 6-7 months from contact for licensing to being released, so that means July of 2012 license is going to be released Jan of 2013. Perfect. I guess that means we can expect Metallica’s exclusivity to end in March of 2014, as Metallica was released march of 2009, and a Metallica pack to come out September of 2014, remember this post everyone, I’m calling it now :)

    no, this is 100% proof that 1 of the bands had a 5-year exclusivity deal
  • BobbyB0909BobbyB0909 Unsigned
    edited January 2013
    This news is so incredible that I won't even ***** about John Parr's "Man In Motion" still not being made available for PS3! Great job Harmonix! Day 1 for sure!!!
  • metalkornmetalkorn Rising Star
    edited January 2013
    TheStuddz;4972001 said:
    Dude (Looks Like A Lady)

    I was thinking more of what wasn't in GH Aerosmith.
  • PlutarchPlutarch Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    Wow, where'd that come from? Pretty cool. "Dream On" is a definite buy for me, the others I will listen to and ponder.
  • robbieconrobbiecon Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    Surprised its a six pack. I don't know Aerosmith well enough, but I'll probably get the pack. I reckon we'll see Metallica in the next few months, once that exclusivity runs out.

    Pack price makes little sense for Europe. It's cheaper to buy the singles individually!
  • samjjonessamjjones Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    MrMet2087;4972011 said:
    Awesome! This release by the way is 100% proof that GH exclusive bands have a 5 year period of exclusivity as previously rumored. The game came out in July of 07. So 5 years means July of 2012 the exclusivity ends. They license Aerosmith and it’s been confirmed DLC takes 6-7 months from contact for licensing to being released, so that means July of 2012 license is going to be released Jan of 2013. Perfect. I guess that means we can expect Metallica’s exclusivity to end in March of 2014, as Metallica was released march of 2009, and a Metallica pack to come out September of 2014, remember this post everyone, I’m calling it now :)
    I'm not a lawyer, but I'm pretty sure that just because one contract says something, that another contract doesn't necessarily say the same thing.
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    edited January 2013
    I was hoping they'd get "Janie's Got A Gun" which wasn't on Guitar Hero:Aerosmith... that would've been awesome to play & sing. Oh well.

    When will Bad Religion get a 6 pack? Seeing that they've just released their 16th album and have a ton of hits over their 30+ year career, I would love to have songs like "American Jesus", "Generator", "The Answer", "Punk Rock Song", "True North" and "Dept. of False Hope" (with the last two coming off their latest CD).
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    Nice work, guys.

    Charts (specifically for the new tracks) will determine if this is a pack purchase or a few cherrypicks, but either way I'm definitely buying something. With the addition of "Dream On", RB now has my four year old son's four favorite non-Christmas songs (along with The Jackson Five's "ABC", Bob Marley and the Wailers' "Get Up, Stand Up", and Meat Loaf's "Paradise by the Dashboard Light").
  • MrMet2087MrMet2087 Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    Also yes, great pack but, Janie's Got a Gun, Rag Doll, Dude looks Like a Lady, Love in an Elevator I wish were included. A few of the songs I just mentioned were used as DLC for the Full Band GH games so those masters are usable to be separated properly. Maybe now that they are free from
    Activision, maybe we'll see another pack next year, or maybe an Aerosmith song in the next RB game :)
  • jayou521jayou521 Washed Up
    edited January 2013
    Nice to see "Sweet Emotion"~! That was the one song I was hoping for from Aerosmith~
  • Dr. ParaDr. Para Opening Act
    edited January 2013
    Nice, grabbing all 4 of the old tracks. It feels good to throw money at HMX once again (though I'm sure Captain Morgan will be jealous!) Good get, excited.
  • PyramidHead128PyramidHead128 Opening Act
    edited January 2013
    So bought. Thanks Harmonix!

    :D
  • ManLovesRobotManLovesRobot Opening Act
    edited January 2013
    This is like finding out your dog made it out of your burning house!!!!!
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    metalkorn;4971985 said:
    Awesome that a big band still finds life in Rockband, my issue remains the same as it was when GH Aerosmith was released. Where are the modern songs, the ones that made me interested in Aerosmith, the vocalists dreams

    Cryin
    Crazy
    Love in an Elevator
    Janie's Got a Gun
    Don't Wanna Miss a Thing
    Hole in My Soul

    I'll pick up the 3 big songs from the pack at some point though for sure.

    but WHEN will you pick them up? you're still boycotting DLC, right?
  • peterock2007peterock2007 Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    Graffin;4972021 said:
    When will Bad Religion get a 6 pack? Seeing that they've just released their 16th album and have a ton of hits over their 30+ year career, I would love to have songs like "American Jesus", "Generator", "The Answer", "Punk Rock Song", "True North" and "Dept. of False Hope" (with the last two coming off their latest CD).

    Pretty safe to say never, I like Bad Religion better than Aerosmith, but I'm realistic enough to know its never going to happen
  • RanzeeeRanzeee Opening Act
    edited January 2013
  • b4mvb4mv Opening Act
    edited January 2013
    As long as a Bad Religion pack has Let Them Eat War, I don't care what else is in it. haha

    Not a huge Aerosmith fan, but I'm not gonna complain. Probably pick up a couple of songs as well. :]
  • MrMet2087MrMet2087 Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    samjjones;4972020 said:
    I'm not a lawyer, but I'm pretty sure that just because one contract says something, that another contract doesn't necessarily say the same thing.
    You are correct, but I was making a pretty safe assumption seeing as how, we've seen it with the "likeness" of No Doubt with that contract being released, and now this timing of Aerosmith perfectly lining up with this release. I can only assume they contracts are mostly the same
    In length, same goes for Van Halen I'm sure.
  • samjjonessamjjones Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    thatmarkguy;4972022 said:
    Bob Marley and the Wailers' "Get Up, Stand Up",
    Interesting band/song choice for a four year old.

    Keep him away from Rage Against the Machine, or else you might find his playroom wrecked.
Sign In or Register to comment.