Discussion Thread: DLC Week of 1/29 - Aerosmith 6 Pack! Plus 2 Pro Guitar Upgrades!

Comments

• Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    You really got my expectations up for this week - and then exceeded them. WOW. Buying the whole pack + both upgrades + 1 of the RBN songs. Biggest week since Blitz, 2nd biggest week in years ... wow!
  • metalkornmetalkorn Rising Star
    edited January 2013
    Awesome that a big band still finds life in Rockband, my issue remains the same as it was when GH Aerosmith was released. Where are the modern songs, the ones that made me interested in Aerosmith, the vocalists dreams

Cryin
    Crazy
    Love in an Elevator
    Janie's Got a Gun
    Don't Wanna Miss a Thing
    Hole in My Soul

I'll pick up the 3 big songs from the pack at some point though for sure.
  • edited January 2013
    hmxhenry;4971964 said:
    And in anticipation of questions about the live version of Dream On, we don't have a ton of specifics. It's being credited as a recording "from the vault", but we don't have a specific year or album that it's tied to. But it is likely that it's the version some of you may be familiar with from a previous music game.

Enjoy!

It was a live version in GH:A?
  • EpidehlEpidehl Opening Act
    edited January 2013
    Definitely getting all 4 of the old songs, REALLY great stuff, and just in time for me getting a new guitar. Dream On might be a maybe depending on the quality of it, but that's about it.
  • bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    edited January 2013
    Hey, that's a pretty big deal. Good job HMX.
  • TkDiamonDTkDiamonD Rising Star
    edited January 2013
    Wooooo! Looks like everyone in the prediction thread was spot on. Pumped we're getting more than 3 tracks too! I'll be buying them all, thanks HMX! :D
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited January 2013
    I'm not even a huge Aerosmith fan, but I absolutely love half of these songs. If this were the end of 2010 or the beginning of 2011, I'd be like "Okay, cool, I guess." But right now, I literally cannot contain my excitement. This is the best thing. In this time in Rock Band's life, this is a gosh-darn miracle. Thank you for this, Harmonix! You are literally the best company.
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited January 2013
    Goddamn.

In a good way Goddamn.
  • ZosoBaronZosoBaron Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    The preview trailer is up, and the version of Dream On used is not the Guitar Hero version. I think it actually sounds a little worse.

I'll definitely get this pack, though, the only song I don't like here is Lover Alot. It'd be nice to see some of their eighties hits, though.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited January 2013
    MagicMurderBag7;4971986 said:

I think the one available for download in GH3 (only for 1 weekend) and the one in Aerosmith were different ones as well. I know for sure the charts were slightly different
  • GrungeratGrungerat Opening Act
    edited January 2013
    Well, I was right about the band (most people were) but wrong about the songs (except Dream On) and I am glad I was wrong about it being only three songs! Buying the whole pack!
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    edited January 2013
    MagicMurderBag7;4971986 said:

I thought it was a rerecording in GH:A, or that's what they said because a lot of the masters from their younger days couldn't be found.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited January 2013
    Great get and glad we got the original version of Walk This Way.

A live version for Dream On isn't surprising as Aerosmith re-recorded the studio version for GH, by the way what's the source (e.g is it from Classics Live?). I haven't listened to their new album yet so I don't have an opinion on the 2 songs from it.

As we got this, I really doubt the end will be the end of March.
  • Groudon199Groudon199 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
    edited January 2013
    Getting the entire pack. First time I've gotten everything in a week since the Iron Maiden pack last May (not including Blitz), which also happened to be a 6-pack.
  • mmetznermmetzner Opening Act
    edited January 2013
    Wow. Been waiting for this one for a long long time. Great work HMX! I'll probably grab the 4 classic tracks. Hopefully it sells well enough to aid the possibility of a second pack with Dude (Looks Like A Lady), Rag Doll, Jaine's Got a Gun and Crazy.
    edited January 2013
    metalkorn;4971985 said:
    Awesome that a big band still finds life in Rockband, my issue remains the same as it was when GH Aerosmith was released. Where are the modern songs, the ones that made me interested in Aerosmith, the vocalists dreams

Cryin
    Crazy
    Love in an Elevator
    Janie's Got a Gun
    Don't Wanna Miss a Thing
    Hole in My Soul

I'll pick up the 3 big songs from the pack at some point though for sure.

Dude (Looks Like A Lady)
  • *Josie**Josie* Rising Star
    edited January 2013
    OMG!!! Thank You...Thank You... Thank You!!!!!
  • fcmleftyfcmlefty Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    Sweet! Nice pack! Never thought we'd see Aerosmith again.
  • dragoninforcerdragoninforcer UnWashed
    edited January 2013
    You people should check out the tracks from the new album. They picked out IMO the best two songs from it.
  • peterock2007peterock2007 Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    Henry_Sardonicus;4971979 said:
    Guys, we should all just be thankful that none of these songs are Crying,I Don't Want to Miss a Thing, or Amazing

Fixed that.

I'm actually happy, I didn't think an Aerosmith pack could make me happy. But this song list is far better than expect, not perfect, but close.
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    first of all, congrats to HMX for getting aerosmith and (non-fake) steven tyler in the game. additional congrats and thanks for giving us a six-pack. and finally, thanks for TWO pro upgrades once again.

i'm not an aerosmith fan but i'll probably pick up a few of these tracks. won't bother with the new ones, but i'll get walk this way (wish it had been picked for a pro upgrade though), sweet emotion and dream on. it's too bad dream on is a live version, but i'm assuming that had something to do with availability of masters. i'll listen to the other 3 but doubt i'll be getting any of them. can't really say i'm excited about these songs, but they're good pickups anyway, and definitely huge songs for the game.
  • Dadasaurus RexDadasaurus Rex Rawwwwwwr!
    edited January 2013
    Coolness. Gotta pick up the pack.
  • samjjonessamjjones Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    Just when I thought I was out.

They pull me back in.

RIP Fake Steven Tyler.

Never forget.
    edited January 2013
    Henry_Sardonicus;4971979 said:
    Guys, we should all just be thankful that none of these songs are Dude (Looks Like a Lady).

What do you mean? That's like the only song that I wanted but isn't here. At least we got Walk This Way and Sweet Emotion. I'm so excited for those.
  • MrMet2087MrMet2087 Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    Awesome! This release by the way is 100% proof that GH exclusive bands have a 5 year period of exclusivity as previously rumored. The game came out in July of 07. So 5 years means July of 2012 the exclusivity ends. They license Aerosmith and it’s been confirmed DLC takes 6-7 months from contact for licensing to being released, so that means July of 2012 license is going to be released Jan of 2013. Perfect. I guess that means we can expect Metallica’s exclusivity to end in March of 2014, as Metallica was released march of 2009, and a Metallica pack to come out September of 2014, remember this post everyone, I’m calling it now :)
  • samjjonessamjjones Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    Also, does 6 songs next week mean we've exceeded the maximum DLC pipeline allowance for the month of February, too?

;)
  • AlternityAlternity Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    Yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited January 2013
    MrMet2087;4972011 said:
    This release by the way is 100% proof that GH exclusive bands have a 5 year period of exclusivity as previously rumored. The game came out in July of 07. So 5 years means July of 2012 the exclusivity ends. They license Aerosmith and it’s been confirmed DLC takes 6-7 months from contact for licensing to being released, so that means July of 2012 license is going to be released Jan of 2013. Perfect. I guess that means we can expect Metallica’s exclusivity to end in March of 2014, as Metallica was released march of 2009, and a Metallica pack to come out September of 2014, remember this post everyone, I’m calling it now :)

no, this is 100% proof that 1 of the bands had a 5-year exclusivity deal
  • BobbyB0909BobbyB0909 Unsigned
    edited January 2013
    This news is so incredible that I won't even ***** about John Parr's "Man In Motion" still not being made available for PS3! Great job Harmonix! Day 1 for sure!!!
  • metalkornmetalkorn Rising Star
    edited January 2013
    TheStuddz;4972001 said:
    Dude (Looks Like A Lady)

I was thinking more of what wasn't in GH Aerosmith.