rock band compatibility ps to Wii

notmovingnotmoving Unsigned
edited January 2013 in Peer To Peer Support Forum
hi,

I just bought some used Rock Band for PS instruments... 3 guitars, drums, a keyboard. I have rock band 3 for Wii. this rockband site says they will talk to each other, but it's not happening.

the drums and the stratocaster guitar are wired. other guitars are wireless. keyboard uses a S-video cable I do not have.

will these work - and how?

My email is [email]notmoving@gmail.com[/email]

thanks!

- mark

Comments

• jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited January 2013
    an instrument for 1 console will not work on another. the rockband site doesn't say that anywhere.

actually, at the bottom of the compatibility page it says: "Instrument controllers and wireless microphones are specially designed for each game console and are not interchangeable between platforms (Xbox 360, Wii, etc.)"
    http://www.rockband.com/compatibility
  • DavidTLynchEsqDavidTLynchEsq Opening Act
    edited January 2013
    I'm not entirely sure, but I think the wireless PS3 controllers work with the Wii USB dongles and vice-versa, but it would probably be easier to find the actual controllers than dongles with no controllers.

The keyboard should work with a MIDI cable MIDI pro adapter.

The wired instruments won't at all.
  • notmovingnotmoving Unsigned
    edited January 2013
    i'm new to all this. Could you tell me what you mean by "Controller"? i that the console or something built into the instrument?

Thanks
  • notmovingnotmoving Unsigned
    edited January 2013
    jibjqrki, i guess i misinterpreted the chart. i see that statement at the bottom of the page you point out. thank you. but i saw, for example, rock band 2 stratocaster guitar and all the platforms listed next to it read "yes". so what exactly does that mean?

Thanks from dazed and confused!
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited January 2013
    that means that a RB2 controller for a certain console will work in rock band 3 on that same console.
    at the top of the page you can switch games, so you can see for example if your RB3 Wii guitar controller would also work in older versions of the game