RB3 Setlist Question

vengeance96vengeance96 Unsigned
edited January 2013 in Peer To Peer Support Forum
So I just got RB3 and I have a few questions.

There are songs that should be in the game but I can't find then anywhere in the game or in the store, will they be unlocked later or something?

How do I play songs "for real" without practice mode? And I don't mean the roadtrip mode.

And is there any way to get.. Say Green Day songs (that it says in the booklet are included) without buying them? Or other songs for that matter.

And there's only a few songs included in-game and in the store by my fav band. Is that because they're maybe not common enough to be included in the game?

Comments

• SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited January 2013
    vengeance96;4974143 said:
    So I just got RB3 and I have a few questions.

There are songs that should be in the game but I can't find then anywhere in the game or in the store, will they be unlocked later or something?
    All 83 setlist songs are immediately available for quickplay. What do you think you're missing?
    How do I play songs "for real" without practice mode? And I don't mean the roadtrip mode.
    Select "Play Now," "Quickplay," and then "Choose Songs."
    And is there any way to get.. Say Green Day songs (that it says in the booklet are included) without buying them? Or other songs for that matter.
    No, with very sparing exceptions you have to buy any DLC. The Green Day Rock Band disc setlist can be imported into RB3 (as can RB1, 2, and Lego, along with all Rock Band track packs). There are a small handful of free songs:

"Still Alive" - GLaDOS
    "Charlene (I'm Right Behind You)" - Stephen and the Colberts
    "Headphones On" - Miranda Cosgrove
    "Promised Land" - Vesuvius
    "Dreaming of Love" - Lights Resolve
    Rock Band Free 01, a 9-song pack that includes songs from RB2 (not included in the export package because it would make it too big)
    And there's only a few songs included in-game and in the store by my fav band. Is that because they're maybe not common enough to be included in the game?

Everybody thinks their favorite band has too few songs. Just enjoy the ones that are there.
  • rkbdgurlrkbdgurl Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    1.There are some songs that may not show up on your particular system. I'm on a ps3. I believe some songs are on xbox, that I don't get.

2.Play now - quickplay-choose songs also go to your little pop up menu- start-options-modifiers-scroll down to performance mode. uncheck it.

3.You may find the greenday song available as dlc. in the rkbd store.

4. getting songs and bands into rockband is a complicated process. HMX works pretty hard at trying to make fans happy. You can request songs, bands you want to see come to RB. in Songs "request a song" feature here on the forums.

Hope you enjoy RB3. :)
  • vengeance96vengeance96 Unsigned
    edited January 2013
    Okay thavks. And would it be better to buy the Green Day DLC (three albums) or to buy Green Day: Rock Band? Does it include their full discography or it the sane free albums?
    edited January 2013
    right now there are 2 packs on sale in the rb store. the songs are only .99 cents each. That's a great place to start building your library.
    edited January 2013
    vengeance96;4974168 said:
    Okay thavks. And would it be better to buy the Green Day DLC (three albums) or to buy Green Day: Rock Band? Does it include their full discography or it the sane free albums?

It would be massively less expensive to export GD:RB, if you can find a copy. Those songs being in the store are there for people who can't find/didn't want GD:RB, or only want a few of their songs. The Green Day songs in the store are the same songs that are on GD:RB (except for "Oh Love" which is only available through the store). Provided you can find a copy of the game, exporting will be far less expensive than buying each DLC pack. That was never the reason the DLC went to the store.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited January 2013
    vengeance96;4974168 said:

I would say go for the game, you can probably find it online for less than $10, which is much cheaper than getting it all separately. make sure you get a new copy of the game though, because it needs an unused export code.

and it's the same as the stuff available for download, apart from 3 small packs. which you could still get separately afterwards
    edited January 2013
    rkbdgurl;4974172 said:
    right now there are 2 packs on sale in the rb store. the songs are only .99 cents each. That's a great place to start building your library.

What are you talking about? The entire game's soundtrack is store DLC, not just those two packs.

But she is right about the sale DLC, which I meant to mention. Any songs released before October 26, 2010 (about 1100 songs in total) are 99 cents/80 MSP instead of the regular price of $1.99/160 MSP, which just about all DLC released after that date is.
    edited January 2013
    And to clarify
    rkbdgurl;4974163 said:
    1.There are some songs that may not show up on your particular system. I'm on a ps3. I believe some songs are on xbox, that I don't get.

that's just about Rock Band Network (RBN). All RBN songs are on Xbox, only a few are on PS3. But any and all Harmonix-authored songs are on both. When OP posed the original question, it sounded like he thought a song was missing from RB3 itself (the thread is called "RB3 Setlist Question" after all).
  • AlternityAlternity Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    If some songs aren't showing up, make sure your 1-lighter filter is off. (in the case that on top of your library it's showing x of 83, where x is lower than 83).
    edited January 2013
    Of coarse, you're right SsSs, I was just telling him about the sale. What was I thinking :P
    I agree getting the game is a far better, cheaper deal.
  • DavidTLynchEsqDavidTLynchEsq Opening Act
    edited January 2013
    I think the confusion of "missing songs" comes from a pamphlet labeled "Rock Band 3 Set List" with a list of all Harmonix-authored songs (including the few Rock Band 1 and 2 songs that don't export) as of a few months before Rock Band 3.
  • nuttzo31nuttzo31 Opening Act
    edited January 2013
    DavidTLynchEsq;4974469 said:
    I think the confusion of "missing songs" comes from a pamphlet labeled "Rock Band 3 Set List" with a list of all Harmonix-authored songs (including the few Rock Band 1 and 2 songs that don't export) as of a few months before Rock Band 3.

What a pointless pamphlet that was, i chucked that as soon as i got the game.