Fake Steven Tyler's demise has been greatly exagerrated.

LeCH24LeCH24 Opening Act
edited January 2013 in Rock Band
"Dream On (live)"

I think Steven's vocal track was a little "assisted."

Comments

• SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited January 2013
    Hmm, if only there already were a thread for discussion about this pack....
  • KyleJCrbKyleJCrb Opening Act
    edited January 2013
    LeCH24;4974775 said:
    "Dream On (live)"

I think Steven's vocal track was a little "assisted."

Nope, that's still Steven Tyler. He sings it like that live frequently, as it's the way he sang the song in the original recording.
  • SmashManSmashMan Rising Star
    edited January 2013
    KyleJCrb;4974791 said:
    Nope, that's still Steven Tyler. He sings it like that live frequently, as it's the way he sang the song in the original recording.

It's actually the way he sang almost every other song on the original album except "Dream On", for whatever reason. He does sing it that way live pretty often though.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited January 2013
    has anyone tried turning down the vocals on every song in the pack yet to see if FST is singing?
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited January 2013
    Whatever it was in Dream On (Live), I know that it wasn't Fake Steven TYA-KA-KA-KA-KOW
  • nascargo19nascargo19 Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    I know, nobody knows.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited January 2013
    Seriously, after seeing all the complaining over this live version, I decided to listen to it. It's not that bad, people.

Yeah, I prefer the studio version, but with how bad everyone's making it out to be I expected my ears to bleed and my face to contort into an unmovable expression of disgust.

Anyway, back to doing something besides anything constructive...
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited January 2013
    LiveHomeVideo;4975159 said:
    Seriously, after seeing all the complaining over this live version, I decided to listen to it. It's not that bad, people.

Yeah, I prefer the studio version, but with how bad everyone's making it out to be I expected my ears to bleed and my face to contort into an unmovable expression of disgust.

Anyway, back to doing something besides anything constructive...

Agreed, It's not perfect by any means and in the 70s and 80s he hit the notes much better, but this says its a 2007 recording. hell if i could still do that kind of singing at the age he is i'd still be doing it too.
  • nascargo19nascargo19 Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    is it at least close to the South of Sainty live version? Because that's pretty much the only version of the song I know.