Why do Rock Band instruments take 3 aas

cheifzackerycheifzackery Unsigned
edited January 2013 in Rock Band
I have been playing RB3 for 3 months now and 5 days ago i bought a keyboard off of craigslist for $15 and I use GH instruments drums and guitars and mics and the keyboard takes 3 and drums take 2 it makes no sense.

Comments

• tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    cheifzackery;4975001 said:
    it makes no sense.
    if you're referring to your own post... i agree.
  • AlternityAlternity Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    According to his post, the mic takes 3 batteries.

I lol'd.
  • Iceman71421Iceman71421 Opening Act
    edited January 2013
    This forum confuses me sometimes. It seems like every 2 or 3 days some new user winds up here and is posting some rant with no punctuation about their troubles with the game.

Though for most of us it is clear that the user base is shrinking by day for this game and is the reason for it declining. I just don't know who these random people are that are just discovering rock band / rhythm games and are dropping in on the forum.
  • HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
    edited January 2013
    Be nice, everyone.

@cheifzackery - afraid I wasn't on the hardware team, so I don't know the exact answer. But the basic answer is somewhere between "because that was the amount of power needed to power the instrument" and "because it seemed like a good idea."
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited January 2013
    because there are 4 batteries in 1 pack and they like to make you get stuck with 1 battery
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited January 2013
    Probably because it allows for longer-lasting life without being as heavy as four AA's.
  • TheHundredDollarHeadacheTheHundredDollarHeadache Pedantic Broken Record
    edited January 2013
    jibjqrkl;4975437 said:
    because there are 4 batteries in 1 pack and they like to make you get stuck with 1 battery
    Even worse with rechargeables. I had to rotate the batteries to keep the discharge rate even.
  • AlternityAlternity Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    TheHundredDollarHeadache;4975474 said:
    Even worse with rechargeables. I had to rotate the batteries to keep the discharge rate even.

I agree to that.
    edited January 2013
    Alternity;4975418 said:
    According to his post, the mic takes 3 batteries.

I lol'd.

ok... if he'd actually said he was talking about batteries THEN i suppose it would make sense.
  • edited January 2013
    Iceman71421;4975431 said:
    This forum confuses me sometimes. It seems like every 2 or 3 days some new user winds up here and is posting some rant with no punctuation about their troubles with the game.

Though for most of us it is clear that the user base is shrinking by day for this game and is the reason for it declining. I just don't know who these random people are that are just discovering rock band / rhythm games and are dropping in on the forum.
    Our long term relationship with Rock Band puts us in a bubble. People "discover" new stuff all the time. Maybe they just tried it at a friends house, who knows.

New members are nice to see. People being jerks for sport to new members is not. (Not saying you were of course, just sayin')
    tnevaker;4975558 said:
    ok... if he'd actually said he was talking about batteries THEN i suppose it would make sense.
    It was very obvious what the OP was talking about. Perhaps you need to brush up on YOUR comprehension skills.

Please don't just heckle new people for sport. Its a poor reflection on the community as a whole.

Thanks.
    edited January 2013
    Doc_SoCal;4975564 said:
    Our long term relationship with Rock Band puts us in a bubble. People "discover" new stuff all the time. Maybe they just tried it at a friends house, who knows.

New members are nice to see. People being jerks for sport to new members is not. (Not saying you were of course, just sayin')

It was very obvious what the OP was talking about. Perhaps you need to brush up on YOUR comprehension skills.

Please don't just heckle new people for sport. Its a poor reflection on the community as a whole.

Thanks.

well then i guess i'm just dumb because it wasn't obvious to me at all. but thanks for letting me know that it's ok to insult your fellow forum members, but only if you're a mod.
  • edited January 2013
    tnevaker;4975579 said:
    well then i guess i'm just dumb because it wasn't obvious to me at all.
    That would be when you ask a clarifying question or skip the post altogether.

Failure to understand does not make you dumb, it just means you need more info. Suggesting you did not comprehend the question is not an insult, especially when you flat out say you did not understand at all.

This is all neither here nor there, my point is/was super simple.

Let's not be so quick to show the unwelcome wagon.

Keep rockin'

To the OP: The instruments take the number of batteries required to provide the proper voltage to operate and as Loopy pointed out, runtime requirements. Why the number varies has to do with the specific internals they are powering and I guess it goes without saying, that varies instrument to instrument.
This discussion has been closed.