RBN DLC Discussion: 1/31 (Xbox 360), 2/5 (PS3)

HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
edited February 2013 in The Rock Band Network
Xbox 360 RBN Releases for Thursday, 1/31/2013

Glam

Panic the Memory - “Beautiful Killer” (80 MSP)

Metal

I See Stars - “Endless Sky” (160 MSP)
Psychostick - “This is Not a Song, It’s a Sandwich!” (160 MSP)

Pop-Rock

Astra Kelly - “Timebomb” (80 MSP)

Rock

Down June - “More” (80 MSP)
RIBS - “Alarms” (80 MSP)

PS3 RBN Releases for Tuesday, 2/5/2013 (North America) and 2/6/2013 (Europe)

John Parr - "St. Elmo's Fire (Man in Motion)" ($1.99), Classic Rock
Brian Kahanek - "Gemini" ($1.99), Blues
Amberian Dawn - "Charnel's Ball" ($1.99), Metal
Dance for the Dying - "Mannequin" ($0.99), Pop-Rock
Kari Kimmel - "Go" ($1.99), Pop/Dance/Electronic

Comments

• Groudon199Groudon199 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
    edited January 2013
    Got everything except "Timebomb" and "Endless Sky".
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited January 2013
    St. Elmo's Fire, Brian Kahanek, AND Dance for the Dying? Well, damn. Nice job easing the blow of Blitz week :D

Lachesis - maybe you can answer this, maybe you can't, but was SEF not released the first week it would have been eligible because there was such an awesome official DLC release that week? I think it makes perfect sense!
  • HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
    edited January 2013
    SheSaidSheSaid;4976282 said:
    Lachesis - maybe you can answer this, maybe you can't, but was SEF not released the first week it would have been eligible because there was such an awesome official DLC release that week? I think it makes perfect sense!

The official DLC schedule is absolutely a factor considered when determining the PS3 RBN schedule.

*Achievement Unlocked*

(or the PS3 equivalent, I guess. (*Trophy Earned*?))
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    Flawless Victory for PS3!
    (I used to have that "Trophy Earned" sound as a notification on my phone, it's a pretty sure way to put a smile on my face)
  • nascargo19nascargo19 Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    So now 360 has Time Bomb, Time Bomb (Live), and Timebomb. Seems confusing. :P

Don't know any of these PS3 songs, but people have been making a pretty big deal about St. Elmos Fire, so good for them.
    edited January 2013
    Awesome. Well count me as one who's totally pleased with how the schedule went. I was surprised that SEF wasn't in the first post-holiday-preload batch (surprised, but hardly "pitchforks and torches"), but it makes perfect sense now. Like I said in WAYDRN, I don't even care that it's Blitz for official DLC this week, I've got three of my RBN top five this week, and that's got me pretty excited. So thanks! :D
  • WoodenGloryWoodenGlory Unsigned
    edited January 2013
    SheSaidSheSaid;4976290 said:
    Awesome. Well count me as one who's totally pleased with how the schedule went.
    This.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    nascargo19;4976288 said:
    Also time-bomb. Even lowercased like that.
    edited January 2013
    Just out of curiosity (because I doubt I'd buy it myself), is there any likelihood that the Tim Tebow version will be ported, or is it in the same limbo as the 2x Bass songs?
  • DavidTLynchEsqDavidTLynchEsq Opening Act
    edited January 2013
    nascargo19;4976288 said:
    That's nothing.
    edited January 2013
    DragoonXD;4976294 said:
    Also time-bomb. Even lowercased like that.

and yet, still no Time Bomb :(
    edited January 2013
    DavidTLynchEsq;4976297 said:
    That's nothing.

Really upsets me that the Mike Orlando version never came over through RBN1. I don't focus to much on RBN, but there are about 10-15 that should have ported over (basically all really hard songs + ZTO)
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited January 2013
    Yay John Par!

Listened to Gemini and Maniquin. Not a huge instrumental fan, so will probably pass on Gemini, and Dance for the Dying is a band that I always feel I should like, but every song I've heard of theirs just doesn't sound quite right to me.

Still, a good week on the PSN even if I'm only getting 1 wanted song.

Edit: Beautiful Killer isn't bad either.
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    edited January 2013
    nothing for me this week... Chart Toppers said on twitter Discord needs 2 more reviews... hopefully that means soon it will be out
    edited January 2013
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    edited January 2013
    SheSaidSheSaid;4976361 said:

Discord (Euro Chaos Mix)(first song in the video)
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited February 2013
    I'm buying "More" as it's another RB3 menu song.
    edited February 2013
    Ohhh, nice! Hope it makes it over to PS3.
  • NightmareLyreNightmareLyre Rising Star
    edited February 2013
    Eh nothing that really jumps out on me so probably gonna pass on this week. Gemini looks fun but it's one of those songs I just forget straight after listening to it so not sure how much I would actually end up playing it. Happy for the fans though as always

Also is it just me or does that Kari Kimmel song sounds like Taylor Swift and Katy Perry doing a colab with Kesha and Carly Rae Jepsen's backing band?
  • BadChickenBadChicken Unsigned
    edited February 2013
    Another decent week for the PS3! 3 out of 5 for myself isn't bad; it definitely helps since it's a Blitz week. Now I go back to patiently waiting for Children of Nova's Impossible Landscape; and more Dance For The Dying....
  • FlipnoteguyFlipnoteguy Unsigned
    edited February 2013
    Have other RB3 menu music been released besides "More"?
  • edited February 2013
    Flipnoteguy;4977159 said:
    Have other RB3 menu music been released besides "More"?

Everything I Hate About Myself by Death of the Cool.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWME4rs9Upw
    edited February 2013
    "This War Will Never Start" by Steve Pardo plays over the credits/photos of HMX sexy peoplezz.
  • edited February 2013
    Blink by Father Octopus and Trash Candy by Tijuana Sweetheart also play over the credits and are in the RBN.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited February 2013
    Glad to see RBN finally made use of the Complete Garbage subgenre and released some I See Stars

Not that I'm one to bash on any old band I dislike but I've been hating on these guys for months now and had no idea they were coming to RBN. I wouldn't touch that trash with a trash-foot pole!
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited February 2013
    HeyRiles;4977410 said:
    Glad to see RBN finally made use of the Complete Garbage subgenre and released some I See Stars

Not that I'm one to bash on any old band I dislike but I've been hating on these guys for months now and had no idea they were coming to RBN. I wouldn't touch that trash with a trash-foot pole!

trash isn't a unit of measurement
  • NightmareLyreNightmareLyre Rising Star
    edited February 2013
    HeyRiles;4977410 said:

Metalcore with One Direction vocals is something new on the RBN?
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited February 2013
    FairwoodStudios;4977421 said:
    trash isn't a unit of measurement

It's not a quantifiable digit either!
  • machetemonkeymachetemonkey Opening Act
    edited February 2013
    HeyRiles;4977410 said:

Don't fret, Blood on the Dance Floor is still in the works!
  • dinomandinoman Rising Star
    edited February 2013
    2 of 7 RB3 menu songs released... please try the rest and i'll be a very happy Dino :)