Are we allowed to give out giveaway prize codes?

DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
edited February 2013 in Rock Band
I have an Elton John pack code for Xbox 360.
I'm looking for someone who doesn't have the pack, and i want them to tell me their favorite Elton John and why (be descriptive as to why the song impacts you)

:) hopefully this is allowed!

Comments

• www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited January 2013
    As long as you arent selling it Im pretty its its all cool.
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    edited January 2013
    Saturday Nights Alright for Fighting, mainly because I love the lyrics and love the tone of this one more than a typical Elton John song. He can do awesome rocking songs just as well as he can do a crazy ballad.

Hopefully I won't get banned for entering.
  • edited January 2013
    Benny and the Jets. I don't understand a freaking word of it but I still love it.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited January 2013
    Witticus;4976505 said:

Hopefully I won't get banned for entering.

Well if it's not allowed they can simply lock this and i'll hand them out elsewhere lol.
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited January 2013
    Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting, because of that awesome guitar riff that for some reason other Elton John songs lack. And it's just so upbeat and fun!

It's upbeatness is really exciting and it turns any night walk on a Saturday into am exciting stroll.
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    Normally, I'd say Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting because one of the greatest things in the world is to hear Nigel Olsson open the song by beating on tin pails with raw hot dogs.

But for now, I'll just go with either Grey Seal because it's pure word salad with a terrific piano riff (and thus not available for Rock Band to enjoy) or All The Girls Love Alice because I remember fondly a teacher I had a thing for *enthusiastically* describing the song. And hey, hey, hey, you know what I mean.
  • queuemarkqueuemark Opening Act
    edited January 2013
    My favorite song is "Daniel," and it is indeed very personal for me.

Daniel is my youngest brother's name and he has been...troubled over the years. He started using drugs when he was about 14 and has dealt with a lot of mental instability over the years. When I was in college he would call me up and keep me on the phone for hours, telling me about his suicidal thoughts and being very emotionally manipulative. I would simultaneously be infuriated and distraught, and constantly worried about getting "the call." When "Daniel" came on the radio, lyrics like "Daniel my brother" and "God it looks like like Daniel. Must be the clouds in my eyes" were haunting and almost always made me well up. Thankfully he's been in a (mostly) better place for some years now, but it's still one of those songs that instantly pulls me back to a very trying time.

Hopefully it's not too tacky for me to mine emotional trauma to try to win a DLC code!
  • nascargo19nascargo19 Road Warrior
    edited January 2013
    My favorite would be Crocidile Rock just because it's always had some pretty cool lyrics to it. Just wish I had a code to export Lego RB to play it.

BTW, don't give me this Elton John code. I don't have a 360 to redeem it on. But if you by chance happen to have an extra Lego RB export code for PS3, I'll be more than happy to accept it :)
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited January 2013
    Funeral for a Friend/Love Lies Bleeding because it's epic.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited February 2013
    Dangimarocker;4976502 said:

:) hopefully this is allowed!
    giveaways are allowed, asking/begging for codes isn't.

so everyone but the OP is gonna get banned >:C
    edited February 2013
    jibjqrkl;4976545 said:
    giveaways are allowed, asking/begging for codes isn't.

so everyone but the OP is gonna get banned >:C

They aren't really begging though lol..
  • crash13crash13 Jiminy jillickers!
    edited February 2013
    Easily "Your Song". When I first heard the song I just fell in love with it. My favorite line is, "If I was a sculpture, but then again, no" just because of the way he brings up a topic and immediately throws it away because he thought of a better way to express his love. The chorus is just so beautiful. Just a great way to say the three magic words. Elton's singing on this song is superb, not that he isn't great on any other track, but it just sticks out from his catalog. Not really much else to say, but I love this song, and Elton is one of my top 5 solo artists, #3 to be exact.
    edited February 2013
    I have chosen my favorite post today. :)
    Check your PM's! :P
  • queuemarkqueuemark Opening Act
    edited February 2013
    Dangimarocker;4976902 said:
    I have chosen my favorite post today. :)
    Check your PM's! :P

Thank you VERY much!

I just told my wife that in all honesty, your giving me that free DLC code feels like a small measure of karmic payment from the universe for dealing with my bro all those years.

Also, it feels nice to win something having been a routine entrant in HMX giveaways that has never won (though I have scored a pair of codes from authoring groups).

Anyway, thanks again!