Will the export ever be discounted?

goodSuMgoodSuM Unsigned
edited March 2013 in LEGO: Rock Band
I'm sure the answer is probably "no", but I might as well ask anyway.
And I know it's only $10, but I don't have enough in my PSN wallet, and I don't want to buy a $20 code online and not use the rest (unless I also buy the RB2 export).
Mostly just wondering also, since all non-RB3 songs are only $1 right now, and I noticed all the exports stayed the same price.

Comments

• edited February 2013
    It's still a great deal at the full $10. Seriously, buy the $20 card and export both games. It's like 120 songs for $20.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited February 2013
    I agree with MMB7. And while I can't give you a technical answer with direct proof and stuff, I am pretty sure that the export will never be discounted. If I were you, I'd buy it at its current price. It's a fantastic deal.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited February 2013
    Given how the last sweeping gesture Harmonix brought us was the legacy DLC discount, I'm pretty certain that if anything were to happen with the exports, it would have happened at the same time. May as well drop the money on both exports now.
  • edited February 2013
    I have no knowledge of this first hand but I would not wait for any exporting, just in case that option goes away.

Again, I have NO INSIDE INFO leading me to that statement, just a gut feeling.

YMMV, YAYOR. DBMIIAW
  • edited February 2013
    It's very unlikely. It could mean going back and re working the licensing agreements with all 50-80+ bands / labels which isn't a high priority after 4-6 years. The exports also break down to ~$0.12 per track now, which is likely another reason why they weren't discounted with the other pre RB3 content.
  • BVP2K10BVP2K10 Opening Act
    edited February 2013
    will the export fee ever be available on the 360 for those who picked up a used version of LegoRB?
    edited February 2013
    BVP2K10;4991542 said:
    will the export fee ever be available on the 360 for those who picked up a used version of LegoRB?

It depends on whether or not the code that came with your used copy of Lego RB was ever used. If it was, you're SOL; it was designed as an incentive to buy the game new.
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited February 2013
    LoopyChew;4991549 said:
    It depends on whether or not the code that came with your used copy of Lego RB was ever used. If it was, you're SOL; it was designed as an incentive to buy the game new.
    More SOL are the folks who got the digital version, which never had a code while still being new.
  • Someguy12121Someguy12121 Unsigned
    edited February 2013
    Nope. The reason you pay for it is to pay for the license fees to have the songs.
  • edited February 2013
    Bront20;4991918 said:
    More SOL are the folks who got the digital version, which never had a code while still being new.

Never? I'm fairly certain that WBIE set up a redemption tool on the back end for people that bought the Games On Demand version. They may have stopped supporting at this point but I'm almost certain that was something they put in place.
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited February 2013
    hmxhenry;4993814 said:
    Never? I'm fairly certain that WBIE set up a redemption tool on the back end for people that bought the Games On Demand version. They may have stopped supporting at this point but I'm almost certain that was something they put in place.
    Really? That's news to me. It was one of the biggest forum complaints. Any chance you can dig up the old link?

Edit: After a search, it looks like there was no way to export it.
  • goodSuMgoodSuM Unsigned
    edited March 2013
    I ended up getting both of those exports shortly after creating the topic. It kinda sucks though, since just when I started purchasing things again (464 songs total), they announced the end of DLC.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited March 2013
    goodSuM;4993974 said:
    I ended up getting both of those exports shortly after creating the topic. It kinda sucks though, since just when I started purchasing things again (464 songs total), they announced the end of DLC.

So? that doesn't make any songs already available any less enjoyable
    edited March 2013
    goodSuM;4993974 said:
    jibjqrkl;4993982 said:

Truth. If you only have 500 songs, you've a long trek before your journey is complete.
    edited March 2013
    jibjqrkl;4993982 said:

That's true, but now I know I'll never have more Sum 41 songs, or any of my favourite bands that only have a few or no songs to add to my collection.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited March 2013
    I have exactly 1 song by one of my top 40 bands in RB. and it's one of the last songs I would've picked.

consider yourself lucky
    edited March 2013
    Yeah, like there are only 3 Sum 41 songs. Not my favourites by a long shot, but at least it is 3 more than could have been there. Just kinda bummed about it.