Bruno Mars - Locked Out Of Heaven. Perfect for Rock Band 3!

Han DaimondHan Daimond Letdown
edited February 2013 in Your Ultimate Setlist
Hello there! Let me clarify something before starting the thread:

I'm not a fan of Bruno Mars, never liked his songs, however at late 2012 there was a certain new single from him that reminded me of my favorite band of all time. (if you know the song, you know what I'm talking about)

So yeah, this certain song called "Locked Out Of Heaven" has everything Rock Band 3 can offer: Guitar, Bass, Drums, lots of Keys and fun harmonies.

HMX have released some Bruno Mars songs before, so it would be very weird not seeing this one released for RB3. Check out the song if you don't know it yet by clicking here.

Anyone interested to play it?

Comments

• queuemarkqueuemark Opening Act
    edited February 2013
    Han Daimond;4977183 said:
    Hello there! Let me clarify something before starting the thread:

I'm not a fan of Bruno Mars, never liked his songs, however at late 2012 there was a certain new single from him that reminded me of my favorite band of all time. (if you know the song, you know what I'm talking about)

So yeah, this certain song called "Locked Out Of Heaven" has everything Rock Band 3 can offer: Guitar, Bass, Drums, lots of Keys and fun harmonies.

HMX have released some Bruno Mars songs before, so it would be very weird not seeing this one released for RB3. Check out the song if you don't know it yet by clicking here.

Anyone interested to play it?
    Yeah, I'd love it. Like you, I'm not a huge fan (though I kinda dig "grenade" and acknowledge he has a great voice), but "Locked Out of Heaven" is clearly one of the greatest Police songs ever recorded.
  • MileycyrussouljaMileycyrussoulja Road Warrior
    edited February 2013
  • GandWuserGandWuser Road Warrior
    edited February 2013
    I hate to say it...

...but heck yes I would buy it.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited February 2013
    I'm not a huge Bruno Mars fan, but I'd lose it (in a good way) if we could get this song and "Runaway Baby". Both very good songs that would be tons of fun in Rock Band, probably far more fun than the songs that we previously got from him.
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    edited February 2013
    queuemark;4977185 said:
    but "Locked Out of Heaven" is clearly one of the greatest Police songs ever recorded.
    I said the same thing the first time I heard it! haha

Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of Bruno Mars. I think his lyrics are pretty generic and uninspired (seriously, "When you smile/the whole world stops and stares for a while"? that's not too close to "when you're smiling/the whole world smiles with you"?!"). But, I think Locked Out of Heaven is an awesome, awesome, catchy song. I had it in my Blitz 2 setlist. I'd love to see that released as a single, plus it's pretty on par with the kind of stuff Harmonix has been releasing over the last year.
  • Henry_SardonicusHenry_Sardonicus Rising Star
    edited February 2013
    Oh hell yes. That would be a day one purchase. Such a great song.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited February 2013
    queuemark;4977185 said:
    but "Locked Out of Heaven" is clearly one of the greatest Police songs ever recorded.

Bingo. I heard it at work today, and I was kind of surprised we were playing a Police song at first. The bass sounds EXACTLY like Sting's, and the vocals were in much the same style, too (not that Bruno's voice itself sounds like Sting's).