DLC predicition thread for 2/12

brookfieldworldorderbrookfieldworldorder Opening Act
edited February 2013 in Rock Band
No one's started this yet, so I nominate me.

Time for the Valentines Day week predictions, I suppose. And here's hoping the recent trend of RB picking up artists who have had their exclusive licences expire from other games continues.

Wonderful Tonight - Eric Clapton
Hungry Heart - Bruce Springsteen
You Really Got Me - Van Halen

Comments

• rsm790rsm790 Rising Star
    edited February 2013
    Tesla - Love Song (X)
    Kiss - Forever
    Whitesnake - Is This Love
  • brookfieldworldorderbrookfieldworldorder Opening Act
    edited February 2013
    jibjqrkl;4979412 said:
    no one's started this yet, because we aren't allowed to start them until thursday. (unless when we get a not-completely-vague hint earlier)

Oh, sorry. Didn't realize that.
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited February 2013
    brookfieldworldorder;4979416 said:
    Not sure I understand. Did I miss something about it being a non-Blitz week and isn't the usual announcement Friday? I just thought the prediction thread would've been started by now.

Prediction threads are made on Thursdays unless we get a good enough hint. "Singles and 1 pro upgrade" is not a good enough hint which is why it hasnt been created until now.
    edited February 2013
    www1221;4979419 said:
    Prediction threads are made on Thursdays unless we get a good enough hint. "Singles and 1 pro upgrade" is not a good enough hint which is why it hasnt been created until now.

Understood. My bad.
  • edited February 2013
    www1221;4979419 said:
    Prediction threads are made on Thursdays unless we get a good enough hint.

I understand things are relatively slow in the realm of RB announcements right now, especially with new content coming every other week now, so I'm willing to let it slide. People are antsy to get new stuff, so if a prediction thread goes up a bit early it won't be too messy.
  • MarlboroMarlboro Road Warrior
    edited February 2013
    "Holler If Ya Hear Me" - 2Pac
    "Untouched" - The Veronicas
    "Statuesque" - Sleeper
    edited February 2013
    hmxhenry;4979423 said:
    I understand things are relatively slow in the realm of RB announcements right now, especially with new content coming every other week now, so I'm willing to let it slide. People are antsy to get new stuff, so if a prediction thread goes up a bit early it won't be too messy.

Thank you, Henry - didn't mean to step on anyone's toes.
  • fcmleftyfcmlefty Road Warrior
    edited February 2013
    At one point, Henry said that the pro players would have an "extra treat" this week, but then later we find out that we are getting one upgrade this week. Leads me to believe that the one upgrade must be on a pretty well known song with some kind of legendary riff. We'll see!
  • edited February 2013
    brookfieldworldorder;4979429 said:
    Thank you, Henry - didn't mean to step on anyone's toes.
    No worries at all!
    fcmlefty;4979430 said:
    At one point, Henry said that the pro players would have an "extra treat" this week, but then later we find out that we are getting one upgrade this week. Leads me to believe that the one upgrade must be on a pretty well known song with some kind of legendary riff. We'll see!

The "extra" treat is less about what the song is and more about what we did with the upgrade. But it's partially tied to what the song is, or rather... what the song isn't.
  • edited February 2013
    hmxhenry;4979434 said:

The "extra" treat is less about what the song is and more about what we did with the upgrade. But it's partially tied to what the song is, or rather... what the song isn't.

What does that even mean!?
  • fcmleftyfcmlefty Road Warrior
    edited February 2013
    hmxhenry;4979434 said:

Interesting reply. Color me intrigued...
    edited February 2013
    The song doesnt have a guitar part so they had Pope record his own guitar track to be played along with the song.
  • M_Robbins5M_Robbins5 Road Warrior
    edited February 2013
    hmxhenry;4979434 said:

Perhaps this means we are getting a song with a free pro upgrade next week.
  • dinomandinoman Rising Star
    edited February 2013
    M_Robbins5;4979443 said:
    Perhaps this means we are getting a song with a free pro upgrade next week.

Nah, that would be too steep, i wouldn't mind though, but don't think that'll happen anytime soon
  • M_Robbins5M_Robbins5 Road Warrior
    edited February 2013
    dinoman;4979446 said:
    Nah, that would be too steep, i wouldn't mind though, but don't think that'll happen anytime soon

I've got no idea what he meant so I was just guessing however unlikely it may be.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited February 2013
    What the song isn't? How about, the song isn't a cover (i.e., a song we already have as a cover, but now we are getting the real deal). An awesome song. One that's especially awesome on pro guitar, one of the most well-known guitar riffs in the last 40 years of rock.

Does anyone have a list of all the remaining "As Made Famous By" tracks?
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    edited February 2013
    hmxhenry;4979434 said:
    The "extra" treat is less about what the song is and more about what we did with the upgrade.
    pro upgrade bundled free with the song.
    hmxhenry;4979434 said:
    But it's partially tied to what the song is, or rather... what the song isn't.

the song isn't a song with a bass part, or drums part... like Landslide. so the pro upgrade will only have a pro guitar chart, but no pro bass chart.

my prediction:

Kansas - Dust in the Wind (X)

i don't know what the other singles are.
  • broncosfan06broncosfan06 Debbie Downer
    edited February 2013
    hmxhenry;4979434 said:

I bet its a song that either previously in RB or in GH was a cover...thus its a treat this isnt a cover (EDIT: damnit ninjad)

My picks:

V-Day Singles
    Buzz****s - Ever Fallen In Love X
    Heart - Crazy On You
    Queens Of The Stone Age - Make It Wit Chu
    Kiss - Beth
    Motorhead - Love Me Forever
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    edited February 2013
    Meat-Popsicle;4979452 said:
    What the song isn't? How about, the song isn't a cover (i.e., a song we already have as a cover, but now we are getting the real deal). An awesome song. One that's especially awesome on pro guitar, one of the most well-known guitar riffs in the last 40 years of rock.

Does anyone have a list of all the remaining "As Made Famous By" tracks?
    oh, i like that idea too. wasn't there a rumour we were getting a War Pigs legacy upgrade a long time ago that never appeared? maybe now we're getting the real version.

Heroes by David Bowie could be another possibility. i would also say My Sharona but we already got a pro upgrade for the cover, so i don't think we'd get another one for an original version of the song.
  • StackOverflow0xStackOverflow0x Opening Act
    edited February 2013
    hmxhenry;4979434 said:
    No worries at all!

Oh! See what he did there? He... started the fire. Prediction thread in full swing!
  • NOT_TravisNOT_Travis Rising Star
    edited February 2013
    Hmm...Foreigner's "Juke Box Hero?" The original.

USL time: Master of Puppets, full album, with all pro. Hah!

Beyond that, maybe Blur's "Beetlebum"?

No flippin' clue.
  • nascargo19nascargo19 Road Warrior
    edited February 2013
    tnevaker;4979454 said:

the song isn't a song with a bass part, or drums part... like Landslide. so the pro upgrade will only have a pro guitar chart, but no pro bass chart.

my prediction:

This seems to fit well.

Kansas - Dust In The Wind (X)
    Whitesnake - Is This Love
    One Direction - What Makes You Beautiful

In the past three weeks, I have gotten 5 guesses correct. (depending on if you say the live Dream On counts as studio) I hope I can up this to 7 songs for 4 weeks with the first two choices. I could care less about One Direction
  • edited February 2013
    tnevaker;4979454 said:

my prediction:

I like this idea.
    edited February 2013
    I would not like a song with no bass or vocals.
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited February 2013
    tnevaker;4979454 said:

my prediction:

Or maybe the other way around- bass but no guitar:

Death From Above 1979 - Romantic Rights O X

...Or maybe it's a synth track mapped to guitar that's somehow turned to a pro chart and it's all very avant-garde and confusing.
  • nascargo19nascargo19 Road Warrior
    edited February 2013
  • randracrandrac Opening Act
    edited February 2013
    hmxhenry;4979434 said:

I am guessing that the singles will be slower "love"-related songs apart from the pro-guitar one which will be something heavier/metally. Hence, there is a treat for pro-enthusiasts that the song with the pro-upgrade isn't one of the love songs. As for what they did with the upgrade...I am at a loss on that one.

My predictions:

Feel Like Making Love - Bad Company
    Love Hurts - Nazareth
    Love Stinks - J. Giles Band

I, for one, would LOVE this pack.
  • Dadasaurus RexDadasaurus Rex Rawwwwwwr!
    edited February 2013
    How about a nice single from UFO?..like "Love to Love"
  • jimmychoujimmychou Rising Star
    edited February 2013
    I think the bass and guitar pro upgrades are included in the song, so no $1.00 extra charge.

I'm also thinking next week will be almost all female vocalists. We haven't gotten a song with female vocals since the Blitz tracks... and I wouldn't even count those.

Heart - Crazy on You (X)
    Garbage - Only Happy When It Rains
    The Pretenders - Human
    Sonic Youth - Dirty Boots
  • randracrandrac Opening Act
    edited February 2013
    jimmychou;4979504 said:
    I think the bass and guitar pro upgrades are included in the song, so no $1.00 extra charge.

I'm also thinking next week will be almost all female vocalists. We haven't gotten a song with female vocals since the Blitz tracks... and I wouldn't even count those.

Heart - Crazy on You (X)
    Garbage - Only Happy When It Rains
    The Pretenders - Human
    Sonic Youth - Dirty Boots (I know Moore does vocals in this, but it's still awesome)

Uggh, I sincerely hope not. I really dislike most female-led bands. Fleetwood Mac is about the only exception.
This discussion has been closed.