DLC predicition thread for 2/12

brookfieldworldorderbrookfieldworldorder Opening Act
edited February 2013 in Rock Band
No one's started this yet, so I nominate me.

Time for the Valentines Day week predictions, I suppose. And here's hoping the recent trend of RB picking up artists who have had their exclusive licences expire from other games continues.

Wonderful Tonight - Eric Clapton
Hungry Heart - Bruce Springsteen
You Really Got Me - Van Halen

Comments

• StackOverflow0xStackOverflow0x Opening Act
    edited February 2013
    hmxhenry;4979434 said:
    No worries at all!

The "extra" treat is less about what the song is and more about what we did with the upgrade. But it's partially tied to what the song is, or rather... what the song isn't.
    Oh! See what he did there? He... started the fire. Prediction thread in full swing!
  • NOT_TravisNOT_Travis Rising Star
    edited February 2013
    Hmm...Foreigner's "Juke Box Hero?" The original.

USL time: Master of Puppets, full album, with all pro. Hah!

Beyond that, maybe Blur's "Beetlebum"?

No flippin' clue.
  • nascargo19nascargo19 Road Warrior
    edited February 2013
    tnevaker;4979454 said:
    pro upgrade bundled free with the song.

the song isn't a song with a bass part, or drums part... like Landslide. so the pro upgrade will only have a pro guitar chart, but no pro bass chart.

my prediction:

Kansas - Dust in the Wind (X)

i don't know what the other singles are.

This seems to fit well.

Kansas - Dust In The Wind (X)
    Whitesnake - Is This Love
    One Direction - What Makes You Beautiful

In the past three weeks, I have gotten 5 guesses correct. (depending on if you say the live Dream On counts as studio) I hope I can up this to 7 songs for 4 weeks with the first two choices. I could care less about One Direction
  • edited February 2013
    tnevaker;4979454 said:
    pro upgrade bundled free with the song.

the song isn't a song with a bass part, or drums part... like Landslide. so the pro upgrade will only have a pro guitar chart, but no pro bass chart.

my prediction:

I like this idea.
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited February 2013
    I would not like a song with no bass or vocals.
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited February 2013
    tnevaker;4979454 said:

my prediction:

Or maybe the other way around- bass but no guitar:

Death From Above 1979 - Romantic Rights O X

...Or maybe it's a synth track mapped to guitar that's somehow turned to a pro chart and it's all very avant-garde and confusing.
  • nascargo19nascargo19 Road Warrior
    edited February 2013
  • randracrandrac Opening Act
    edited February 2013
    hmxhenry;4979434 said:

The "extra" treat is less about what the song is and more about what we did with the upgrade. But it's partially tied to what the song is, or rather... what the song isn't.

I am guessing that the singles will be slower "love"-related songs apart from the pro-guitar one which will be something heavier/metally. Hence, there is a treat for pro-enthusiasts that the song with the pro-upgrade isn't one of the love songs. As for what they did with the upgrade...I am at a loss on that one.

My predictions:

Feel Like Making Love - Bad Company
    Love Hurts - Nazareth
    Love Stinks - J. Giles Band

I, for one, would LOVE this pack.
  • Dadasaurus RexDadasaurus Rex Rawwwwwwr!
    edited February 2013
    How about a nice single from UFO?..like "Love to Love"
  • jimmychoujimmychou Rising Star
    edited February 2013
    I think the bass and guitar pro upgrades are included in the song, so no $1.00 extra charge.

I'm also thinking next week will be almost all female vocalists. We haven't gotten a song with female vocals since the Blitz tracks... and I wouldn't even count those.

Heart - Crazy on You (X)
    Garbage - Only Happy When It Rains
    The Pretenders - Human
    Sonic Youth - Dirty Boots
    edited February 2013
    jimmychou;4979504 said:
    I think the bass and guitar pro upgrades are included in the song, so no $1.00 extra charge.

I'm also thinking next week will be almost all female vocalists. We haven't gotten a song with female vocals since the Blitz tracks... and I wouldn't even count those.

Heart - Crazy on You (X)
    The Pretenders - Human
    Sonic Youth - Dirty Boots (I know Moore does vocals in this, but it's still awesome)

Uggh, I sincerely hope not. I really dislike most female-led bands. Fleetwood Mac is about the only exception.
  • MemoDLSGMemoDLSG Opening Act
    edited February 2013
    The "what the song isn't" makes me think that what it isn't is a new song, that is, that it's a legacy pro upgrade. Could be, who knows? I think there were several leaked legacy pro upgrades that never saw the light of day, could it be they're finally throwing one out there a la The Weight (Live)?

Random prediction:
    KISS - I Was Made For Lovin' You
    Elton John ft. Kiki Dee - Don't Go Breaking My Heart
    Heart - Magic Man
    Heart - Crazy on You

Four songs? 70's? I might be dreaming here, even after Aerosmith (which was an outlier in its awesomeness, as has been made clear). But still, seems reasonable. We had Elton John recently and Don't Go... seems like a prime song to hold back for Valentine's (like they did for Every Rose after a Poison pack). We had Heart last Valentine's, and KISS, well, they've had songs in the game and I just put it there for some thread there was a month or two ago asking for more KISS songs. (Don't know how I remember this stuff.)
    edited February 2013
    MemoDLSG;4979517 said:
    The "what the song isn't" makes me think that what it isn't is a new song, that is, that it's a legacy pro upgrade. Could be, who knows? I think there were several leaked legacy pro upgrades that never saw the light of day, could it be they're finally throwing one out there a la The Weight (Live)?

Random prediction:
    KISS - I Was Made For Lovin' You
    Elton John ft. Kiki Dee - Don't Go Breaking My Heart
    Heart - Magic Man
    Heart - Crazy on You

Four songs? 70's? I might be dreaming here, even after Aerosmith (which was an outlier in its awesomeness, as has been made clear). But still, seems reasonable. We had Elton John recently and Don't Go... seems like a prime song to hold back for Valentine's (like they did for Every Rose after a Poison pack). We had Heart last Valentine's, and KISS, well, they've had songs in the game and I just put it there for some thread there was a month or two ago asking for more KISS songs. (Don't know how I remember this stuff.)

I would agree with your Elton John pic except that HMXHenry stated that no RB Blitz bands had upcoming DLC in the pipe. I would love to have Don't Go Breaking My Heart though.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited February 2013
    The only Blitz artist I could see getting DLC before the end of March is Fall Out Boy given that saying another Blitz artist is getting DLC after Rick Springfield could have led to reunion leaks rather than the typical rumours (if it contained a new song) which would have massively damaged HMX's relationship with the band and their label.
    edited February 2013
    grumblevolcano;4979524 said:
    The only Blitz artist I could see getting DLC before the end of March is Fall Out Boy given that saying another Blitz artist is getting DLC after Rick Springfield could have led to reunion leaks rather than the typical rumours (if it contained a new song) which would have massively damaged HMX's relationship with the band and their label.

They said no Blitz artist is getting DLC. If Fall Out Boy was goign to get DLC and was going to include one of the new songs and Harmonix said that one more Blitz artist is getting DLC wouldnt have lead to any reunion leaks.
  • GameMaster439GameMaster439 Road Warrior
    edited February 2013
    Hmm, "what the song isn't" so maybe a cover then, or maybe its supposed to be misleading....

Feburary Heartbreak Pack 01 (seeing this isn't duets):

I Will Survive - Cake OX
    Brick - Ben Folds Five O
    Hang Me Up to Dry - Cold War Kids OX
    You Had Me - Joss Stone O
  • DavidTLynchEsqDavidTLynchEsq Opening Act
    edited February 2013
    grumblevolcano;4979524 said:
    That doesn't make any sense. At the time of the Rick Springfield pack, confirming another Blitz artist would have meant one of 16 artists, and even if they said Fall Out Boy specifically would be getting a pack, there would have been nothing implying any new material.
  • HairlooksgreatHairlooksgreat Opening Act
    edited February 2013
    Also during the livestrem while talking about being singles and not a pack, it was mentioned that the DLC would be something that would provide "sweet emotions" to the community. Now 'Sweet Emotion' was being previewed at that point in the livestream, so it may mean nothing but seeing as VD is next week, I'll go with love songs and nothing but love songs or anti love songs.

'Love Stinks' - The J. Geils Band
    'Lips of an Angel' - Hinder
    'Love Bites' -Def Leppard
  • jimmychoujimmychou Rising Star
    edited February 2013
    GameMaster439;4979533 said:
    You Had Me - Joss Stone O
    Yes. Just yes.
    edited February 2013
    SheSaidSheSaid;4979553 said:
    o_O

What are YOU planning? :p

I dont like what is being planned.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited February 2013
    hmxhenry;4979434 said:

What is this I don't even
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited February 2013
    www1221;4979554 said:
    I dont like what is being planned.

Saying "VD is next week" makes it sound like he's going down to Tijuana for the occasion :\
    edited February 2013
    It would be impression to see how it would happen to all of us.
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    edited February 2013
    SheSaidSheSaid;4979557 said:
    Saying "VD is next week" makes it sound like he's going down to Tijuana for the occasion :\

I used to call the Veteran Affair's office right by my old work, the VD all the time instead of the VA. I'd call it a Freudian slip, but that's way to purposeful.
  • gamesurfgamesurf Unsigned
    edited February 2013
    Taking the “what it’s not” clue as a hint it was a cover version:

Songs with "As Made Famous By" versions:
    Train Kept A-Rollin'- Aerosmith
    Hard to Handle- The Black Crowes
    N. I. B.- Black Sabbath
    Sweet Leaf- Black Sabbath
    War Pigs- Black Sabbath
    Paranoid- Black Sabbath
    Beetlebum- Blur
    Ever Fallen in Love- Buzz****s
    Ten Speed (Of God’s Blood and Burial)- Coheed and Cambria
    Fortunate Son- Credence Clearwater Revival
    Queen *****- David Bowie
    Juke Box Hero- Foreigner
    Run to the Hills- Iron Maiden
    The Number of the Beast- Iron Maiden
    My Sherona- The Knack
    Green Grass and High Tides- The Outlaws
    Last Train to Clarksville- The Monkees
    Mississippi Queen- Mountain
    Brass in Pocket- The Pretenders
    Cherry Bomb- The Runaways
    Song with a Mission- The Sounds
    Limelight- Rush
    Tom Sawyer- Rush
    Working Man- Rush
    Ballroom Blitz- Sweet
    Action- Sweet
    Bang a Gong- T Rex

Bold indicates songs that have had Original Versions released

If we assume that the hint indicates an unreleased legacy Pro Upgrade:

Songs had Pro Upgrades leaked in December 2010:
    Rooster- Alice In Chains
    Dammit -Blink 182
    War Pigs- Black Sabbath
    More Than a Feeling- Boston
    Bad Moon Rising- Credence Clearwater Revival
    The Pretender- Foo Fighters
    Monkey Wrench- Foo Fighters
    Take Me Out- Franz Ferdinand
    The Trooper- Iron Maiden
    Jane Says- Jane’s Addiction
    Little Wing- The Jimi Hendrix Experience
    Purple Haze- The Jimi Hendrix Experience
    My Sherona- The Knack
    Simple Man- Lynyrd Skynyrd
    …And Justice for All- Metallica
    Kickstart My Heart- Motley Crue
    Breed- Nirvana
    Smells Like Teen Spirit- Nirvana
    Self Esteem- The Offspring
    Even Flow- Pearl Jam
    Under the Bridge- Red Hot Chili Peppers
    Rock N’ Roll High School- The Ramones
    Pride and Joy- Stevie Ray Vaughn
    Interstate Love Song- Stone Temple Pilots
    Runnin’ Down a Dream- Tom Petty
    Beverly Hills- Weezer
    Buddy Holly- Weezer
    Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground- The White Stripes

Bold indicates Pro Upgrades that have been leaked but not yet released

I don’t think it’s too much of a stretch to assume that the Pro Upgrades were finished (or at least being worked on) when they were leaked. The Blitz upgrades seem to be doing the exact same thing.

If this really is the end, I can see them putting one more batch of legacy upgrades before the end. Whatever finished upgrades they have aren’t making them any money sitting unreleased.

That being said, I predict:

Black Sabbath Pack 02
    Sweet Leaf (Original Version)
    Children of the Grave
    Orchid
    Into the Void

With a legacy Pro Upgrade for the War Pigs cover.

Black Sabbath would definitely be a WOW-worthy artist similar to Elton John Aerosmith, and while songs from their first two albums have only shown up in music games as covers, the master from Master of Reality (no pun intended) have shown up in Guitar Hero. And War Pigs is the only song that appears on both lists, so I’m predicting that’s this week’s pro upgrade.

(If we can get Slayer for Easter, we can get Black Sabbath for Valentines Day.)
  • M_Robbins5M_Robbins5 Road Warrior
    edited February 2013
    I think you missed the part where it was confirmed to be singles and not a pack.
  • gamesurfgamesurf Unsigned
    edited February 2013
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    edited February 2013
    hmxhenry;4979434 said:

This has Achy Breaky Heart written all over this hint as in its not technically a song as much as it is a crime against nature.
  • queuemarkqueuemark Opening Act
    edited February 2013
    hmxhenry;4979434 said:

Oooh...mysterious!

To me, that sounds like the pro-upgrade is included...and that it lacks additional parts...or maybe just vocals. Could it be an amazing instrumental, like "Classical Gas"? That would be awesome.
  • hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
    edited February 2013
    jimmychou;4979504 said:

Heart - Crazy on You (X)
    The Pretenders - Human
    Sonic Youth - Dirty Boots
    Good God, I would kill for these songs, please!
This discussion has been closed.