One, last, RHCP, pack.

CowtaodesignsCowtaodesigns Unsigned
edited February 2013 in Your Ultimate Setlist
Honestly, everyone's unending rest for this bands song's is unstopping. Its gonna happen one day or another and I honestly think this should be the last one of the bunch. We all know which songs we want in but i'm making my pack a little special.

(1/7)
Around The World - Californication
Lets get the 100 pound elephant out of the room right now. YES, Harmonix was stupid to leave this single out from their last pack. There is no questioning it, this is gonna be in Rock Band 3 soon.

(2/7)
Fight Like a Brave - The Uplift Mofo Party Plan
Now here is the curve ball. This song is what defined RHCP at its peak if Hillel Slovak was still alive. This is a very different RHCP song compared to what you hear from them now and this should have a little bit more love. The old fans deserve it anyway, for Slovak! (And Irons too.)

(3/7)
The Zephyr Song - By The Way
Out of all the new songs in the New-RHCP era The Zephyr Song always stroke to me as odd....and good. It kinda stood out like a soar thumb in the album and I like it personally. You could argue that Road Trippin' or Dosed deserves better treatment but not everything on my list will make it.

(4/7)
Me and My Friends - ANY LIVE VERSION AVAILABLE
This is one of the most played songs RHCP played that isn't one of their newer songs and to be honest its been neglected alot. Its a song that defines the band much more then Under The Bridge or Californication does. Its also a crowd favorite so whats not to like? Go do it Harmonix!

(5/7)
Aeroplane - One Hot Minute
Lets knock out the other 200 pound rhino while we are here. This song hasn't been played live for a long time and for good reason, Dave Navarro isn't on RHCP anymore. But even so Aeroplane was one of the songs that dragged me into the band and i'd like to see at least one of Navarro's short work on the band make it through.....That or Pea.

(6/7)
True Men Don't Kill Coyotes - Red Hot Chili Peppers (Debut)
OR
Freaky Styley - Freaky Styley
Another example of getting back to the basics. True Men Don't Kill Coyotes and Freaky Styley define the band that they were and how they experimented back in the 80s. While both songs recently have been teased or played on recent live performances they both deserve their place on Rock Band.

(7/7)
Soul To Squeeze - BSSM and Conehead's Soundtrack
Last song on the agenda. This song has gotten alot of radio time for a B-Side but with great reason, its amazing. Its that one song you don't really know the name to but you listen to and love it to death. Hell, if it was just a single priced thing for this song only i'd buy it. Its right up there with Under the Bridge on songs that scream talent and i'm very surprised this didn't get picked up earlier. Please...Pretty please? Put this song in.

Honorable Mentions:
Can't Stop - Yeah, they will pull this one out sooner or later
Funky Crime - I wanted to be even, and not look like an Uplift Mofo Party Plan fanboy
Pea - This would be hilarious if they actually got this song in
Higher Ground - Another one they will pull
Hump De Bump - You gotta Bump to hump, you got~

Comments

• NumskullNumskull Road Warrior
    edited February 2013
    That may be the most presumptuous opening paragraph I've ever read.

With regular DLC ending very soon, I for one will be pissed if we get another pack for an artist who already has as much representation as RHCP.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited February 2013
    HMX has also confirmed no more DLC on the schedule from Blitz artists (apart from the Blitz re-releases as standalone DLC) of which RHCP is one of them.
  • CowtaodesignsCowtaodesigns Unsigned
    edited February 2013
    Then I guess this whole pack is kinda pointless then.
    Eiy, that sucks. Well, a person can dream. Thanks for the information.
  • MunnchyMunnchy Road Warrior
    edited February 2013
    grumblevolcano;4981425 said:
    HMX has also confirmed no more DLC on the schedule from Blitz artists (apart from the Blitz re-releases as standalone DLC) of which RHCP is one of them.

They said no more blitz releases would be supplemented with more songs by the same artist. In theory, we could get more packs from those artists, but that would be incredibly unlikely.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited February 2013
    Munnchy;4981798 said:
    They said no more blitz releases would be supplemented with more songs by the same artist. In theory, we could get more packs from those artists, but that would be incredibly unlikely.

They said no DLC completely from Blitz artists in the Rick Springfield discussion thread.