RBN DLC Discussion: 2/14 (Xbox 360), 2/19 (PS3)

HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
edited February 2013 in The Rock Band Network
Xbox 360 RBN Releases for Thursday, 2/14/2013

Metal

Chaotrope - “Synesthesia” (80 MSP)

Other

John Parr - “At the Cathedral” (80 MSP)

Rock

Sonic Boom Six - “Virus” (160 MSP)

PS3 RBN Releases for Tuesday, 2/19/2013 (North America) and 2/20/2013 (Europe)

Dir En Grey - "Dozing Green" ($1.99), Metal
Icon & the Black Roses - "Black Rose" ($0.99), Alternative
Active Knowledge - "The Fractal Reason" ($1.99), Pop/Dance/Electronic
Psychostick - "Political Bum" ($1.99), Metal
Order of Voices - "Reaching Down" ($0.99), Prog

Comments

• edited February 2013
    Xbox: nothing for me.

PS3: I was really expecting Great Balls of Fire to soften the blow of Blitz repeats.
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    edited February 2013
    nothing for me... but I am happy that next week Discord (Euro Chaos Mix) should be coming out :)
  • Groudon199Groudon199 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
    edited February 2013
    Just "Virus" this week, which is currently my favorite RBN song of the month.

With the original "Discord" coming out next week, I'm getting closer and closer to a 20-week buying streak.
  • TheOzoneTheOzone Road Warrior
    edited February 2013
    For you consideration.

"At the Cathedral" by John Parr
    RB3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji12FHZ-kK8
    Blitz: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwCac7pXYFk

Pinball should be fun with this song.
  • edfrank_jredfrank_jr Opening Act
    edited February 2013
    MagicMurderBag7;4984208 said:

PS3: I was really expecting Great Balls of Fire to soften the blow of Blitz repeats.
    ...and Fragments.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited February 2013
    MagicMurderBag7;4984208 said:

Would it really do that? Is it a suuuuuuuuuuuuuuper-duper anticipated OHMYGOSHISITOUTYET song? I very much doubt I'll buy it when/if it comes. Am I the only one who feels that way?
  • edited February 2013
    It's a classic piece of music history. It's more than worthy of being HMX DLC.
    edited February 2013
    But you also can't really play it in a full band, unless you set out ahead of time with that specific aim in mind. Or just play it as a 1-song setlist with someone on basic Keys(-on-guitar) I guess.

Meh. If it comes, good for everybody that likes it. Being that I very seldom key or sing, it's nowhere close to the top of my most-wanted.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited February 2013
    SheSaidSheSaid;4984220 said:
    Would it really do that? Is it a suuuuuuuuuuuuuuper-duper anticipated OHMYGOSHISITOUTYET song? I very much doubt I'll buy it when/if it comes. Am I the only one who feels that way?

Sure it would get a less positive reaction than more A7X but I agree with MMB.
  • nascargo19nascargo19 Road Warrior
    edited February 2013
    HMXLachesis;4984207 said:

PS3 RBN Releases for Tuesday, 2/19/2013 (North America) and 2/20/2013 (Europe)[/B]

Psychostick - "Political Bum" ($1.99), Metal

Only this one for me. Hopefully the other Psychostick song can come soon.

Also still asking for "Great Balls Of Fire" and any Chaotrope
  • NightmareLyreNightmareLyre Rising Star
    edited February 2013
    No Great Balls of Fire? =(

Oh well, Dir En Grey and Psychostick is a nice softener for that blow at least lol
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited February 2013
    Yes.
    SheSaidSheSaid;4984228 said:
    But you also can't really play it in a full band, unless you set out ahead of time with that specific aim in mind. Or just play it as a 1-song setlist with someone on basic Keys(-on-guitar) I guess.
    What's wrong with it? It's missing guitar? How is that a huge problem?
  • Henry_SardonicusHenry_Sardonicus Rising Star
    edited February 2013
    Political Bum? Awesome. I'll put that on my list with Gemini and St. Elmo's Fire. Can't wait for Great Balls of Fire.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited February 2013
    Would it really do that? Is it a suuuuuuuuuuuuuuper-duper anticipated OHMYGOSHISITOUTYET song?

Yes ma'am.
  • VolTRHVolTRH Opening Act
    edited February 2013
    Dir En Grey is the greatest thing to come to the RBN in a long time, glad to see it made it to the PS3.
    edited February 2013
    Bront20;4984315 said:
    Yes.
    TubaDude49;4984356 said:
    Yes ma'am.
    Okey doke. Well I hope for your guys' sakes it comes soon =)
    Bront20;4984315 said:
    What's wrong with it? It's missing guitar? How is that a huge problem?

It is a big problem if you want to play the song in a full band. You either have to arrange ahead of time with a keys player, or have somebody play keys-on-guitar for a set. Neither is, at least in my experience, something that's commonly done. I like to have lots and lots of easy quickplay songs.

......though I suppose it's a corollary to the instrumentals kerfuffle from a few weeks back.
  • Groudon199Groudon199 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
    edited February 2013
    SheSaidSheSaid;4984381 said:
    It is a big problem if you want to play the song in a full band. You either have to arrange ahead of time with a keys player, or have somebody play keys-on-guitar for a set. Neither is, at least in my experience, something that's commonly done. I like to have lots and lots of easy quickplay songs.
    In RB3, you can play a song in a setlist even if it doesn't have a part for one or more players.
  • NightmareLyreNightmareLyre Rising Star
    edited February 2013
    Yeah, Great Balls of Fire is practically one of the biggest rock n' roll songs ever and Jerry Lee Lewis was none other than Elvis' biggest rival and at the time a realistic contender for the crown of the king of rock n' roll. Just the fact that it is on Rock Band at all is amazing and not to mention dem keys/vox
    edited February 2013
    Groudon199;4984383 said:
    In RB3, you can play a song in a setlist even if it doesn't have a part for one or more players.

Yes, I know that, but people don't really take advantage of that. If you've got a full band, nobody is going to pick an instrumental, or "Redemption Song" or "Fell in Love With a Girl." It just doesn't happen that way.
  • NumskullNumskull Road Warrior
    edited February 2013
    Bront20;4984315 said:
    Yes.

Correction: No.
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited February 2013
    Okey doke. Well I hope for your guys' sakes it comes soon =)

......though I suppose it's a corollary to the instrumentals kerfuffle from a few weeks back.
    I rarely have a band without a keyboardist locally, and I rarely play online, so I don't see the problem. Just make a setlist of it and Imagine and you're golden.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited February 2013
    VolTRH;4984363 said:
    Dir En Grey is the greatest thing to come to the RBN in a long time, glad to see it made it to the PS3.

Imo it's the worse, but i'll leave it at that.
    It'll be the first PS3 RBN that i do not buy.
    i'll get the rest though.
  • Henry_SardonicusHenry_Sardonicus Rising Star
    edited February 2013
    You either have to arrange ahead of time with a keys player, or have somebody play keys-on-guitar for a set. Neither is, at least in my experience, something that's commonly done.
    I love playing keys on guitar. It's a lot of fun, especially on top-tier songs like On the Backs of Angels or Light my Fire.
  • ArcanonArcanon Rising Star
    edited February 2013
    Was not expecting Active Knowledge to make the jump, but I'm very happy it did. Amazing chiptune musician.

I hope you PS3 players enjoy it, so more can be brought over! The whole album's coming, so plenty of great, spacey chiptune to go around! Here's a preview of The Fractal Reason.

If you like it, buy it, and if you happen to be at PAX East this year (I'm pretty sure he's performing there), tell him you loved it! (Also tell me if you see me, I like hearing that people enjoy our releases.)