Top 10 Songs

elvisfan15elvisfan15 Unsigned
edited July 2013 in Your Ultimate Setlist
Rock Band has over 4,000 songs. Unfortunately, not everyone's favorite songs can be in the game or in the DLC. I want everyone to give me a list of 10 songs which you think deserve to be in Rock Band 4 or any future games. Try to make it an artist who has either one or no songs in a Rock Band game or the DLC.

Here's my Top 10:
1. Jailhouse Rock- Elvis Presley
2. Kokomo- The Beach Boys
3. Born to Be Wild- Steppenwolf
4. California Dreamin'-The Mamas & The Papas
5. Stairway To Heaven- If you don't know who plays this, you are a moron.
6. Suspicious Minds- Elvis Presley
7. Burning Love- Elvis Presley
8. Fun Fun Fun- The Beach Boys
9. Tutti Frutti- Little Richard
10. Jumping Jack Flash- The Rolling Stones

Comments

• LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited February 2013
    elvisfan15;4984855 said:
    To this day I still can't understand why Harmonix wastes money on Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood and Lady Gaga, but skips out on Elvis, Led Zeppelin, the Rolling Stones, and the Beach Boys.

Because licensing is hard. Most of the bands (or people who own the rights) listed as the ones you want either don't want their music in the game, have master tracks that aren't usable (or a lack of them) or would cost way too much to license when it comes to the masters. And as for the bands you don't understand why they exist on the platform, it's because those artists sell a lot of songs, and in the grand scheme of things, more money = more reason to do something. Sorry to say, but Harmonix is a company, and a company runs on money.

That doesn't mean it wouldn't be awesome to have some or more of those bands on the game. Hell, I'd buy songs by all those artists on your list. But it's just harder than "Okay guys, I've heard Elvis has some songs that exist. Let's put those on Rock Band!"

I'll make a list later, but my tastes skew towards experimental rock and extreme metal.
  • rkbdgurlrkbdgurl Road Warrior
    edited February 2013
    elvisfan15;4984855 said:
    Rock Band has over 4,000 songs. Some of them are really fun to play, others are completely unnecessary. To this day I still can't understand why Harmonix wastes money on Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood and Lady Gaga, but skips out on Elvis, Led Zeppelin, the Rolling Stones, and the Beach Boys.

Because, there are people like me who enjoy Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, and on occasion Lady Gaga. While I would love to have the bands you've listed, I think it's worth noting that your list is comprised of only male vocalists, with the exception of The Mamas and the Papas, and that female singers like to sing songs with a female lead in Rock Band. I personally enjoy a wide variety of music, and very much appreciate that HMX does as well.
  • FujiSkunkFujiSkunk Headliner
    edited February 2013
    elvisfan15;4984855 said:
    To this day I still can't understand why Harmonix wastes money on Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood and Lady Gaga, but skips out on Elvis, Led Zeppelin, the Rolling Stones, and the Beach Boys.
    Not a good way to start the discussion, dude.
  • elvisfan15elvisfan15 Unsigned
    edited February 2013
    Alright, will someone actually give their list of their top ten favorite songs?
  • GwannaSaunaGwannaSauna Opening Act
    edited February 2013
    Not in order, but:

Jimmy Eat World - Just Tonight
    Pulse Ultra - Build Your Cages
    Bush - The People That We Love
    Course of Nature - Wall of Shame
    Sugar Ray - Someday
    Citizen King - Better Days (And the Bottom Drops Out)
    The Buzzhorn - Carry Me Home
    Static-X - Black and White
    Powerman 5000 - Supernova Goes Pop
    Gojira - Space Time

There are way more I'd like to see and more from the above artists, but I know they'll never see the light of day.
  • lilbeatlesfanlilbeatlesfan Unsigned
    edited February 2013
    5. Stairway To Heaven- If you don't know who plays this, you are a moron.

Truely!!!!!
    edited July 2013
    Here's my top 20:
    11. What'd I Say-Ray Charles
    12. Ain't No Mountain High Enough-Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell
    13. It Takes Two-Marvin Gaye & Kim Weston
    14. Secret Agent Man-Johnny Rivers
    15. Communication Breakdown-Led Zeppelin
    16. Got My Mind Set On You-George Harrison
    17. Liverpool 8-Ringo Starr
    18. All My Loving- The Beatles
    19. Bittersweet Symphony-The Verve
    20. Canned Heat-Jamiroquai
  • Mega-TallicaMega-Tallica Washed Up
    edited July 2013
    elvisfan15;4984855 said:
    Rock Band has over 4,000 songs. Some of them are really fun to play, others are completely unnecessary. To this day I still can't understand why Harmonix wastes money on Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood and Lady Gaga, but skips out on Elvis, Led Zeppelin, the Rolling Stones, and the Beach Boys. Anyway, I want everyone to give me a list of 10 songs which you think deserve to be in Rock Band 4 or the DLC. Try to make it an artist who has either one or no songs in Rock Band.
    It's not that they just skip those songs, those artists you mentioned are incredibly hard and expensive to license, other artists are easier and cheaper to license and that is why he have them. Number two, no DLC is unnecessary. Not liking it is one thing, but that doesn't justify it being unnecessary.

Number three, "Stairway To Heaven" is the most overrated song in the history of music. As far as my opinion goes, Zeppelin has dozens of songs better than StH, somehow StH managed to be the one dubbed "greatest song of all-time" and everybody jumps on that bandwagon.
  • rkbdgurlrkbdgurl Road Warrior
    edited July 2013
    Wait a minute there, Mega-Tallica...STH might be over-rated and yes there are other songs that are better, but I didn't just jump on a bandwagon. I just like that song. Why must you guys always criticize what other people like. lol. My tastes may be less refined than others. I didn't grow up listening to Rock, so I'll gladly concede that I'm not a sophisticated listener. But that's no reason to throw me under the perverbial band wagon.

I'm just giving you a hard time. Actually I agree with everything else you've said. :)
    edited July 2013
    rkbdgurl;5027860 said:
    Wait a minute there, Mega-Tallica...STH might be over-rated and yes there are other songs that are better, but I didn't just jump on a bandwagon. I just like that song. Why must you guys always criticize what other people like. lol. My tastes may be less refined than others. I didn't grow up listening to Rock, so I'll gladly concede that I'm not a sophisticated listener. But that's no reason to throw me under the perverbial band wagon.

I'm just giving you a hard time. Actually I agree with everything else you've said. :)
    It was just a general statement, wasn't trying to attack anyone personally. :)
  • TheBonobo4TheBonobo4 Road Warrior
    edited July 2013
    These aren't in an order of preference. And some of these artists are already in RB. Sadly since RB DLC has ended these will almost certainly never make it to RB, but I really wish they would anyway. I've done 10 different artists, all with few or no songs in RB, though there are plenty more songs I'd want. ;)

1. Pull Me Under - Dream Theater (3)
    2. Overkill - Motorhead (3)
    3. Welcome To Dying - Onslaught (1)
    4. Master of Puppets - Metallica (5)
    5. Cowboys From Hell - Pantera
    6. Fireball - Deep Purple (4)
    7. Acquiesce - Oasis (5)
    8. Angel of Death - Slayer (4)
    9. Tommy The Cat - Primus (1)
    10. At War With Satan - Venom (0)
    edited July 2013
    I apologize to anyone I may have offended. With that being said, please reply to this thread only if you are going to post a list of your favorite songs.
    edited July 2013
    I got rid of STH and replaced it with Cowboys From Hell. I had difficulty coming up with 10, because the songs I want are from a very few select number of artists, mostly already in RB, and so to do 10 different artists with few songs in RB, was difficult for me. For example, I'd love more Rush, Megadeth, Iron Maiden and so on, but we have lots of their songs already. But then we only have 3 Dream Theater songs, when I'd really like for a load more.
    edited July 2013
    elvisfan15;5027921 said:
    I apologize to anyone I may have offended. With that being said, please reply to this thread only if you are going to post a list of your favorite songs.
    Eh, for the record, a good 90% of threads on these forums will go off topic at some point. ;)
  • HazeelHazeel Unsigned
    edited July 2013
    Many of these artists are already on RB, but I would kill for these songs nonetheless.

1. A Fine Day to Die - Bathory
    2. Cemetery Gates - Pantera
    3. Creeping Death - Metallica
    4. Angel of Death - Slayer
    5. In My Darkest Hour - Megadeth
    6. Bat Out of Hell - Meat Loaf
    7. Stargazer - Rainbow
    8. I Am the Black Wizards - Emperor
    9. Heaven and Hell - Black Sabbath
    10. Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd
    edited July 2013
    Hazeel;5028083 said:
    Many of these artists are already on RB, but I would kill for these songs nonetheless.

1. A Fine Way to Die - Bathory
    7. Stargazer - Rainbow
    2, 3, 4, 5 and 10 would all be incredibly fun to play. :)
  • darkwinterbeast8darkwinterbeast8 Headliner
    edited July 2013
    Hazeel;5028083 said:

1. A Fine Way to Die - Bathory
    7. Stargazer - Rainbow
    TheBonobo4;5028085 said:
    2, 3, 4, 5 and 10 would all be incredibly fun to play. :)

Based on that list, 1, 7, 8, and 9 would be the fun ones to play.
    edited July 2013
    So basically, besides 6, all the ones I did not pick.
  • belalugosibelalugosi Unsigned
    edited July 2013
    My picks:

Michael Jackson - dirty diana
    Heatwave - boogie nights
    Paradise Lost - hallowed land
    Toto - hold the line
    Laura Branigan - self control
    Alannah Myles - black velvet
    The Gathering - kevin's telescope
    ABBA - eagle
    Madonna - secret
    Hot Chocolate - so you win again
  • darkwinterbeast8darkwinterbeast8 Headliner
    edited July 2013
    belalugosi;5028700 said:
    My picks:

Michael Jackson - dirty diana
    Heatwave - boogie nights
    Paradise Lost - hallowed land
    Toto - hold the line
    Laura Branigan - self control
    Alannah Myles - black velvet
    The Gathering - kevin's telescope
    ABBA - eagle
    Madonna - secret
    Hot Chocolate - so you win again

Love the Paradise Lost, Toto, and The Gathering picks. Don't think that Madonna song would work in Rock Band and the Abba song would probably not be much fun aside for perhaps the vocalist parts.
    TheBonobo4;5028647 said:
    So basically, besides 6, all the ones I did not pick.
    I'd also go with different Pink Floyd song (maybe Astronomy Domine or Great Big Gig In The Sky or The Wall) if it was me but otherwise yeah.
  • belalugosibelalugosi Unsigned
    edited July 2013
    darkwinterbeast8;5028720 said:
    Love the Paradise Lost, Toto, and The Gathering picks. Don't think that Madonna song would work in Rock Band and the Abba song would probably not be much fun aside for perhaps the vocalist parts.

Hm yeah, actually about "secret" I guess you're right now that I think about it (guess my love for the song clouded my judgement).

For ABBA I didn't want any of the obvious "rocky" ones .. ("waterloo", "does your mother know"). I guess "tiger" would be another cool tune that I would love to see. Or one of the disco tracks.
  • wheatsquares33wheatsquares33 Opening Act
    edited July 2013
    In order from most wanted to least:

1. Loyalty by MandoPony and Acoustic Brony
    2. The Resistance by Anberlin
    3. Paranoid Android by Radiohead (at least this is going to be in the new Rocksmith)
    4. Louder Than Words by Les Friction
    5. Daddy Discord by dBPony
    6. Thick As a Brick by Jethro Tull
    7. Sultans of Swing by Dire Straits
    8. Limousine (MS Rebridge) by Brand New
    9. Artist in the Ambulance by Thrice
    10. Letters from the Sky by Civil Twilight

I'm not even sure this is right. There's a lot I want.