Where's multiplayer?

SinValorSinValor Opening Act
edited March 2013 in Rock Band Blitz
I've noticed there's no multiplayer in Blitz. Meaning no co-op or competitive action in songs.

That would've been a cool feature for Harmonix to come up with, instead, they let us "challenge our friends" into a "Score War", which I think is just crap and not good enough.

I'm sure there must've been some potential for multiplayer in Blitz...and I'm disappointed to find nothing of it in this game.

Comments

• www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited February 2013
    Explain how multiplayer would work since you know better than the developers of the game.
  • Ketchupyoshi57Ketchupyoshi57 Unsigned
    edited February 2013
    You could use multiple controllers locally and play with a couple of friends. I've tried it before with three friends just to see what would happen and it was actually kind of fun. One of us would switch lanes, one of us would hit left notes, one of us would hit right notes, and one of us was in charge of activating Overdrive powerups. It was in no way a good way to get hiscores, but it was entertaining to try to coordinate a strategy without being in control of everything.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited February 2013
    RB Blitz is a singleplayer game.
  • DeferredGalaxy3DeferredGalaxy3 Rising Star
    edited February 2013
    SinValor;4985833 said:
    I've noticed there's no multiplayer in Blitz. Meaning no co-op or competitive action in songs.

That would've been a cool feature for Harmonix to come up with, instead, they let us "challenge our friends" into a "Score War", which I think is just crap and not good enough.

I'm sure there must've been some potential for multiplayer in Blitz...and I'm disappointed to find nothing of it in this game.
    Yeah, we do have a lot of options for multiplayer, but I would see where a big update would stop them from doing this. Actually, even if updating costs weren't a problem, I don't know if they'll have the time to do updates like that. But who knows, they're stopping weekly releases in April, so maybe this could be a special project for them to make up for the time they usually used for weekly DLC, or I'm just saying all this because I want this so badly. :(

But, yeah, the score wars do seem kind of dull because NO ONE DOES THEM ANYMORE. ...And the fact that it's fun after a few weeks, then after you get coins it seems kind of pointless unless you want to get competative. I just play it to try to beat my own personal scores and gold star evey song, since the Facebook integration doesn't interest me all that much, no one does score wars, they change the flame notes, so no point in getting a high score. I get bored really fast, so I think it's high time we get an update that's worth it, even the tournaments have songs I won't like/don't have.
    www1221;4985835 said:
    Explain how multiplayer would work since you know better than the developers of the game.
    We could have two people controlling like a human version of bandmate. BOOM, there's an idea.
    Ketchupyoshi57;4985887 said:
    You could use multiple controllers locally and play with a couple of friends. I've tried it before with three friends just to see what would happen and it was actually kind of fun. One of us would switch lanes, one of us would hit left notes, one of us would hit right notes, and one of us was in charge of activating Overdrive powerups. It was in no way a good way to get hiscores, but it was entertaining to try to coordinate a strategy without being in control of everything.

Haha, this will just kind of piss me off if I tried this with my brother. But I see how this would work with people with real friends. :P
    SheSaidSheSaid;4985987 said:
    RB Blitz is a singleplayer game.

Yes, thanks for stating that captain obvious.
    edited February 2013
    DeferredGalaxy3;4986243 said:
    We could have two people controlling like a human version of bandmate. BOOM, there's an idea.

A bad idea. I could come up with a hundred bad ideas, they arent that hard to come up with.
    edited February 2013
    www1221;4986256 said:
    A bad idea. I could come up with a hundred bad ideas, they arent that hard to come up with.

Well, that's your opinion. It was just an idea. There is a possible way to make a good idea out of rock band blitz multiplayer, don't be so negative about the idea in general.

It's just hard to think up of an idea...... really hard but possible.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited February 2013
    DeferredGalaxy3;4986243 said:
    Yes, thanks for stating that captain obvious.

Hey, SinValor didn't seem to know.
    edited February 2013
    DeferredGalaxy3;4986273 said:
    Well, that's your opinion. It was just an idea. There is a possible way to make a good idea out of rock band blitz multiplayer, don't be so negative about the idea in general.

It's just hard to think up of an idea...... really hard but possible.

You dont think throughout the development if Blitz that some people on the team didnt try to come up with a multiplayer mode for Blitz?

Simultaneous MP wouldnt work for Blitz unless it was an entirely different game. You want MP play a song, pass the controller to a friend and have them try to beat your score.
  • CJHobbesCJHobbes Road Warrior
    edited February 2013
    Ideas for MP modes?

Hasn't anyone here ever played Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo? :P
    edited February 2013
    SheSaidSheSaid;4986288 said:
    Hey, SinValor didn't seem to know.
    vvv Yes he did. :P vvv
    SinValor;4985833 said:
    I've noticed there's no multiplayer in Blitz.
    www1221;4986293 said:
    You dont think throughout the development if Blitz that some people on the team didnt try to come up with a multiplayer mode for Blitz?

Simultaneous MP wouldnt work for Blitz unless it was an entirely different game. You want MP play a song, pass the controller to a friend and have them try to beat your score.

Yes, I do realize some of the developers thought up of Multiplayer. I'm not making brainless posts here, I actually take about a half an hour before making posts. But, I am easily offended by people so there's a problem. I'm just saying there might be a way, even if they never implement it. Just because Harmonix doesn't think up of an idea doesn't mean it's impossible. But just because it's not impossible doesn't mean you should take my word for it either. :P (I suck at ideas) I know I'm expecting a sarcastic reply, but I'm not in the mood to argue with people who say there is no way. (Yes, I do realize some of the game has to be change, but not necessarily entirely changing the game.) [Yes, I do realize they're probably never going to implement multiplayer.]

.......On a different note, not really replying to anyone, I just thought up of an interesting idea. May be a little stupid, but what if one player could late "trap notes" which would make you lose points if you hit them. There could be trap notes that look a little different from blast notes, flame notes, (what ever note powerup you have set), and you have to really pay attention to what the blast notes look like. Maybe the player placing trap notes can also send projectiles from time to time. Of course, you can't just spam these "trap notes." If the player trying to get the points gets 4 or 5 stars, he wins, if not and the score is bad, he losses. (Or maybe gold stars and 5 stars since they're so easy to get.)
    Of course, now this sounds like a stupid and terrible idea, since it wouldn't work out with the one-track songs (whoops lol) and it just seems kind of weird one person gaining points, and the other not. But I thought this would be some fun gameplay, it was fun to write and think up of.
  • intropeeintropee Road Warrior
    edited February 2013
    RB Blitz is a single player game for the multiplayer challenged :)

No offense to any multiplayer challenged people out there...:rolleyes:
  • SinValorSinValor Opening Act
    edited March 2013
    Although I'm going off the subject here, I'd prefer a patch that'd automatically switched the track you're currently playing on to the solos after you pass a checkpoint, I've had this problem when I'm casually playing a song and then suddenly I had to play a solo which is on one track only, causing me to switch tracks, miss a few notes and miss out on big points and GS sometimes.

It would be cool to have 2 players playing 2 tracks on the same song, as suggested by DeferredGalaxy3, but then the Bandmate powerup would have to be scrapped, although a 2-player synchrony powerup would be great in the game. I think Blitz is an ok game, but I think it has much more potential to be better...that and I can't play all the Rock Band 3 songs, what the hell?
  • grace_pressuregrace_pressure Opening Act
    edited March 2013
    It's like you have to pay attention or something :P

It's too bad that they'd have to invest a lot of resources for a RB3 export, but that's the way it goes.
  • Groudon199Groudon199 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
    edited March 2013
    SinValor;5001754 said:
    Although I'm going off the subject here, I'd prefer a patch that'd automatically switched the track you're currently playing on to the solos after you pass a checkpoint, I've had this problem when I'm casually playing a song and then suddenly I had to play a solo which is on one track only, causing me to switch tracks, miss a few notes and miss out on big points and GS sometimes.

What would happen if more than one solo starts at the same time?
  • grace_pressuregrace_pressure Opening Act
    edited March 2013
    Or if you were using power-ups such as Pinball.
  • GabbangelionGabbangelion Unsigned
    edited March 2013
    Generally speaking, a "realtime" score war would be cool as well.
    edited March 2013
    SinValor;5001754 said:

It would be cool to have 2 players playing 2 tracks on the same song, as suggested by DeferredGalaxy3, but then the Bandmate powerup would have to be scrapped, although a 2-player synchrony powerup would be great in the game. I think Blitz is an ok game, but I think it has much more potential to be better...that and I can't play all the Rock Band 3 songs, what the hell?
    I don't see why bandmate would be scrapped, just have three lanes going at once. loljk But seriously, just grey out the bandmate option in multiplayer mode, no need to remove it altogether.

I agree, Blitz could be more than it is already, but I don't think Harmonix has the time anymore to focus on cool new features in Blitz, because we never get cool stuff when it's needed the most.
    And a RB3 export would take time to come out with. I think they'd have to ask all the labels first. Then, they'd have to upload it to XBox, PS3, ...and not Wii. :P Plus, I think they'd have to make a RB4 or something, I don't know. All I know is that it costs money. When Microsoft and Sony run consoles, it costs 10x more than it should to do a simple* task and more.

i think we're at a dead end with Blitz. Meaning no big updates soon at least. Maybe in the future when humans are actually able to manipulate time, but right now, nope.

*Not implying that an RB3 export is simple.
    Gabbangelion;5001937 said:
    Generally speaking, a "realtime" score war would be cool as well.
    Yes. This would work with local multiplayer, too!