rock band dlc

petrosepetrose Unsigned
edited February 2013 in Rock Band
Hi all!
I need some info about the rock band dlc.
I bought many songs from the store and also export songs from previous rock band games.
my question is will i be able to transfer all these songs i bought to a future rock band game?
cheers

Comments

• whypick1whypick1 Headliner
    edited February 2013
    HMX has announced they aren't developing any RB titles right now and have no plans to do so, this seems like a rather pointless thing to ask.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited February 2013
    petrose;4988682 said:
    Hi all!
    I need some info about the rock band dlc.
    I bought many songs from the store and also export songs from previous rock band games.
    my question is will i be able to transfer all these songs i bought to a future rock band game?
    cheers
    i really doubt this very much so, even if we do see a RB4 in the future.
    Just isn't possible I don't think if neither console supports their soon to be "historic" dlc content.
  • petrosepetrose Unsigned
    edited February 2013
    that will be unfair for me.
    i spend lot of money and still do on download songs.
    if a new rock band game show up (which i believe will be for the ps4) HMX have to think a way to import our DLC
  • edited February 2013
    petrose;4988922 said:
    if a new rock band game show up (which i believe will be for the ps4) HMX have to think a way to import our DLC
    Your cart is very much in front of your horse.

Since RB4 is not in the works, there is little worth worrying about now.
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    edited February 2013
    petrose;4988922 said:

1 - there will not be an RB4... at least not for several years
    2 - HMX has never promised anything about DLC porting to a new platform, especially one that didn't even exist when the vast majority of this DLC was produced, and which may not even be technically capable of using that DLC. if you buy DLC on the assumption that it would work indefinitely into the future, even onto future consoles, then you only have yourself to blame for what is a rather dubious assumption.
    3 - i'm sure if HMX ever decided to try to revive the RB franchise, they'd look into every possible way of making our old DLC libraries available to us. and when they probably are unable to do so, it won't be because they are mean, unfair, or greedy. it will be because they are a business, and sinking thousands of dollars and vast resources into making old content available on a new system for free would bankrupt them, which wouldn't help them OR us.

bottom line: you're paying for DLC to play on RB3 (or blitz) on the current gen consoles. expecting anything else, especially at this point in the game's life cycle, is just asking for disappointment.
  • whypick1whypick1 Headliner
    edited February 2013
    Also, the release of a new console doesn't mean that it's predecessor suddenly stops working. My 360, which has basically been a Rock Band box for a couple years now, will be a Rock Band box for a couple years more as I basically ignore the next console generation. Nothing HMX or Microsoft can do about that.
  • petrosepetrose Unsigned
    edited February 2013
    thank you all for explain me this.
    great game best forums
  • meck77meck77 Road Warrior
    edited February 2013
    petrose;4988922 said:

You wont have to worry about this after April 2, 2013 cause there will be no more DLC
  • sillystousillystou Headliner
    edited February 2013
  • latenightrockerlatenightrocker Opening Act
    edited February 2013
    Maybe the DLC ending is an April Fool's joke and really they will release appetite for destruction in May.
  • peterock2007peterock2007 Road Warrior
    edited February 2013
    latenightrocker;4990201 said:
    Maybe the DLC ending is an April Fool's joke and really they will release appetite for destruction in May.

Yeah... Maybe...
  • lvmathemagicianlvmathemagician Road Warrior
    edited February 2013
    I hear that Muse: Rock Band is being released April 9th.