Join Harmonix at our Pre PAX East Rock Band Night on 3/21! Tickets SOLD OUT!

edited March 2013 in Rock Band Events
***QUICK 2/28 EDIT*** The Brattle Theater has sold out of the tickets they had up for pre order. We are working with them to see if they can free up any more or if there is a potential for tickets to be sold at the door as there have been in years past. I'll be sure to update here if more tickets become available. Thanks all for your interest! ***QUICK 2/28 EDIT***

Hey gang,

Will you be in Boston for PAX East? If you're around the day before the show kicks off, we're hosting the 3rd Annual Rock Pre PAX Rock Band Night at the Brattle Theater on March 21st! Tickets are on sale RIGHT NOW and they have sold out before the show every year, so don't sleep on these.

You can pre order tickets here at the Brattle's official site.

Here's the description they have up for the event:
Brattle Event Page" said:

Thursday March 21st / 8pm to Midnight / Brattle Theater in Harvard Square

Join us for a night of rock-and-roll fun with Harmonix, local video game designers and the creators of the fantastic Rock Band. Form your own band or fly solo and enter for a chance to compete live on stage in front of a panel of judges from GiantBomb.com. Plus get your hands on some exclusive merch that Harmonix is cooking up. This event is a prequel of sorts to the absurdly popular PAX East Convention which begins on March 22.
Words do not do this show justice. You can hang out with Harmonix devs, the excellent dudes from Giant Bomb, rock out on stage in front of their giant screen, and help us celebrate the finale of the weekly RB DLC in style. We always have an awesome turn out of RB super fans and it's a great way to kick off the PAX East weekend.

That $20 ticket gets you access to the theater, the ridiculous swag we're designing specifically for the show, free DLC for 360 and PS3, and we're also looking into working out some kind of open bar / concession stand scenario for part of the night. Plus, there's all sorts of goofy stuff we're still finalizing, so keep posted to this thread for updates!

We hope to see a bunch of you there!

Comments

• firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    edited February 2013
    I won't be there seeing how Boston is 2,600 miles away but my brother lives in Boston so I will see if I can convince him to go
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited February 2013
    firedoom666;4990883 said:
    I won't be there seeing how Boston is 2,600 miles away but my brother lives in Boston so I will see if I can convince him to go

sounds like a good excuse to visit your brother to me :p
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    edited February 2013
    jibjqrkl;4990884 said:
    sounds like a good excuse to visit your brother to me :p

trust me if I had the money I would... he was my Rock Band buddy before moving out there
    edited February 2013
    firedoom666;4990887 said:
    trust me if I had the money I would... he was my Rock Band buddy before moving out there

start walking!
  • H2OLennonH2OLennon Unsigned
    edited February 2013
    Don't worry Jib, I'll post some videos for you. Anything specific you want me to do, tell me. ;)
  • MunnchyMunnchy Road Warrior
    edited February 2013
    Get videos of everything!!!!

.... But... if that's not doable, get ones of any Hmx employees that join in
  • horsepastriesahorsepastriesa Rising Star
    edited February 2013
    UGGGGH
    The only moments where I wish I didn't live in New York are when anything Rock Band related happens in Boston
    edited February 2013
    H2OLennon;4990953 said:
    Don't worry Jib, I'll post some videos for you. Anything specific you want me to do, tell me. ;)

anything I request specifically will probably get me banned from here :$
  • Tommy34UTommy34U Unsigned
    edited February 2013
    All sold out already? Just when I got people together! Any chance more will go up soon?
  • pizzzapizzapizzzapizza Road Warrior
    edited February 2013
    I wanted to come to but I heard they're sold out :(
  • b4mvb4mv Opening Act
    edited February 2013
    I really wanna go, Thinking about making the 4 hour drive. hmmm
  • edited February 2013
    Updated the OP and title to confirm that, yes, the Brattle has sold out of pre order tickets. We're looking into possibly making a few dozen more available online or potentially at the door, so keep posted for more info!
    edited February 2013
    Don't forget that you can always try to sneak in!
  • samjjonessamjjones Road Warrior
    edited February 2013
    and we're also looking into working out some kind of open bar / concession stand scenario for part of the night
    Must. resist. urge.
    edited February 2013
    But seriously. I can't go because I'd end up doing roundhouse kicks on stage like a fat, drunk David Lee Roth, and somebody is gonna get hurt.
  • FujiSkunkFujiSkunk Headliner
    edited March 2013
    Never been to PAX... for that matter I've never been to Boston. But if more tickets to this gig open up, I'm going to have to think really hard. I mean, this could very well be the last big hurrah for Rock Band.

Only catch is I'd have to make the trip alone. I'm easily the biggest gaming freak among all my friends and family, and none of them would consider it worth the money. The idea of going solo is more than a bit daunting, but, still... Rock Band!
    edited March 2013
    FujiSkunk;4994072 said:
    Never been to PAX... for that matter I've never been to Boston. But if more tickets to this gig open up, I'm going to have to think really hard. I mean, this could very well be the last big hurrah for Rock Band.

Only catch is I'd have to make the trip alone. I'm easily the biggest gaming freak among all my friends and family, and none of them would consider it worth the money. The idea of going solo is more than a bit daunting, but, still... Rock Band!

FS - I'm not even a gamer (Rock Band and Lego games are pretty much the extent of my gaming). I would typically never go to a convention like this, but would consider this year for the RB reasons you've mentioned.
    edited March 2013
    FujiSkunk;4994072 said:

Given how caring and amazing RB's community is, I'd dive in the deep end and make the trip. While I hope this isn't the last event, they may be few and far between. Go along, say you're alone and want to hang out with some of the fans and i'm sure you'll find a group that could become a group of close friends. Can't hurt to try :)
    edited March 2013
    Munnchy;4994593 said:
    Given how caring and amazing RB's community is, I'd dive in the deep end and make the trip. While I hope this isn't the last event, they may be few and far between. Go along, say you're alone and want to hang out with some of the fans and i'm sure you'll find a group that could become a group of close friends. Can't hurt to try :)
    Or everyone on this forum is secretly HMXHenry's alt, and this is all 1 big scheme to lure Fuji to him!
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited March 2013
    jibjqrkl;4994791 said:
    Or everyone on this forum is secretly HMXHenry's alt, and this is all 1 big scheme to lure Fuji to him!

Nah, HMXHenry is actually FST's alt so in fact this thread is a big scheme for him to be able to sing with everyone.
    edited March 2013
    Once everyone arrives at the event they find out all the consoles only have "Train Kept A Rollin'" as the only playable song
    edited March 2013
    That, and the hockey theme song
  • CarlopezCarlopez Unsigned
    edited March 2013
    Damn, how did I miss this. get on the additional tickets HMX! (I mean if your not busy or anything)
  • edited March 2013
    We pushed really hard for additional tickets, but it appears that we are at capacity. If the situation changes we'll be sure to post an update, but even then I could only see another 10-15 tickets at the door on the night of.
  • FujiSkunkFujiSkunk Headliner
    edited March 2013
    Foo. Oh well, I know it's going to be a blast. If you do see extra tickets pop up, call me maybe. It would take a last-minute plane ticket and a lot of prayer to get there, but I'd do it!
  • FredEffinChopinFredEffinChopin Opening Act
    edited March 2013
    Damn it, I always miss the cool stuff =/ I'll definitely keep an eye on this thread though, in case any new spots open up. My friend and I are huge RB fans who kept missing out on the RB stuff at PAX over the last few years (mainly because of company that wants to go a bunch of different places), and were hoping something like this might be going on. We'd like to see the DLC parade off with a bang =)

Anyway, if nothing opens up, best wishes for the evening, hope it's a blast. At least my friend and I will be able to attend the HMX panel on Friday.
  • BravorockBravorock Unsigned
    edited March 2013
    What about for people who do not have tickets can you stream this thing live i really want to see it.
  • edited March 2013
    Bravorock;4999686 said:
    What about for people who do not have tickets can you stream this thing live i really want to see it.

We're planning to stream this show and are hoping to have some of our technical questions for the theater answered by the end of the week!
  • brookfieldworldorderbrookfieldworldorder Opening Act
    edited March 2013
    Excellent! Look forward to seeing the forum!
  • BriGuyBriGuy Opening Act
    edited March 2013
    (whew, finally recovered from PAX!)

What an amazing event that you guys put on. My wife and I (along with the rest of the Justice League) had a blast! We really appreciated all the nice swag, free drinks, and the photo booth. Even more than that stuff, I'd like to send a HUGE thank you to the Harmonix crew for producing games that make events like these possible. I playtested Rock Band before it came out and sang along with you on the last DLC song. It was a nice way to bookend my time with you.

I was really hoping that somebody recorded the live stream from this night and could make the video available...at the very least our performance of "Lasso". I couldn't really see any of the Wonder Women action happening, especially after Adam from HMX came on stage and knocked me cold with a chair shot (before I revealed myself as The Green Lantern).

Any pictures or video of our performance would be greatly appreciated! Thank you very much!