Choosing characters in the local multiplayer

EastvillageEastvillage Unsigned
edited February 2013 in Rock Band
When choosing quickplay in order to play with some friends, it seems to me like only one can choose a custom created character because only one are allowed to choose the profile created for the game (the others have to use another profile or guest profiles)... Do you have to create 4 different profiles to let all the players choose custom made characters?

Comments

• AlternityAlternity Road Warrior
    edited February 2013
    On PS3 everyone can choose any characters. X360 might work differently because you can log in with more than one account in game. Wii is probably the same as PS3.
  • whypick1whypick1 Headliner
    edited February 2013
    On the 360, if people are guests, then they can use any unused character on any profile. If they are signed in, then they can only choose from the characters on their profile. In either case, the pre-fab characters are available too.
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited February 2013
    The person who has the characters attached to their profile has to log in first, and I think they might have to choose a character first, but once they've done that the other players can access those custom characters.
  • AhieliaAhielia Unsigned
    edited February 2013
    Since there are a few differences between the consoles; I'm on the PS3.

Whenever I've used the online quickplay option (solo), I see my character (a custom one I made), and whenever someone else joins, they get their custom character too, or - very rarely - a standard one if they haven't made a custom one yet.

I've played with a mate and my sister (separately) on my console (as I have a lot more DLC), and they've both been able to choose any of my custom characters or the standard ones.

From watching some youtube videos (360), it works differently on that console. Apparently either only the person recording or all of them, get standard characters.
    These are people FC-ing songs, who have a lot of DLC and obviously played a long while, so I find it hard to understand that they haven't made custom characters yet.
  • StackOverflow0xStackOverflow0x Opening Act
    edited February 2013
    This never made any sense. In local multiplayer for Wii, you can log in as a profile with created characters on it. Then guests can't pick those characters, so it just replaces them for generics. Other profiles obviously can't use the custom characters. And of course, you only ever see them together in the stationary scenery. During play, it's all background.
  • AlternityAlternity Road Warrior
    edited February 2013
    Ahielia;4991580 said:
    These are people FC-ing songs, who have a lot of DLC and obviously played a long while, so I find it hard to understand that they haven't made custom characters yet.

Actually I have a couple of friends on PSN that don't care about achievements/characters at all. They are very good, and have a lot of DLC, and never made a character.