Getting 2nd PS3. Need help with what to do

Doom878Doom878 Road Warrior
edited February 2013 in Rock Band
Getting a 2nd ps3 unit. I will have my current ID as the main log in. I assume that my scores and settings will transfer? And I have to manually download the DLC from my history? Anything else?

Also I need a hub. Is any USB Ac adapter powered hub ok? Can I use singstar mics?

Comments

• jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited February 2013
    scores and settings are stored locally. unless you are using cloud saves, you need to put those on a USB or something and manually transfer them over.
  • fcmleftyfcmlefty Road Warrior
    edited February 2013
    Yes, the cloud save is the easiest way to save from one ps3 to another. Easy as easy can be, and you can use this for all game saves, even copy protected ones. Its worth paying for a month of psn plus to be able to do it.You won't have a choice but to re-download all the DLC though. Took me a couple of days to do that back in July 2011 when my original ps3 was near death. Worked best to load up the 10 biggest files (RB2 export, greenday export, lego export, etc.) before I went to work in the morning, and just let the ps3 work all day.
  • AlternityAlternity Road Warrior
    edited February 2013
    You can simply plug both PS3s to a routeur (or a switch, with static IPs), and simply copy all the content from one to the other one.
  • fcmleftyfcmlefty Road Warrior
    edited February 2013
    Alternity;4991760 said:
    You can simply plug both PS3s to a routeur (or a switch, with static IPs), and simply copy all the content from one to the other one.

This wipes the original one clean though, right?
    edited February 2013
    fcmlefty;4991763 said:

Not sure about that, but I don't think so. I've never had to use that.
  • Doom878Doom878 Road Warrior
    edited February 2013
    Yeah the original PS3 is away for YLOD repair. Prob get it back in weeks. What happens if I start playing and then bring the saves over? Does the data disappear?
    edited February 2013
    Doom878;4992915 said:
    Yeah the original PS3 is away for YLOD repair. Prob get it back in weeks. What happens if I start playing and then bring the saves over? Does the data disappear?

It will probably overwrite the save, but your scores will still be on leaderboards.
  • intropeeintropee Road Warrior
    edited February 2013
    fcmlefty;4991763 said:

Yes it does.. :(