The PS3, the DLC, the RB3 and the RBN

wlorcbwlorcb Opening Act
edited February 2013 in Rock Band
I know we will see the last of the DLC in April. I also know that the RBN will continue to produce DLC for the xbox.
I read on the DLC announcement that RBN DLC will no longer be provided for the PS3, as HMX has to have almost as much involvement in RBN DLC for the PS3 as they do for regular DLC.
I also know this is *probably* mostly Sony's fault.

Is there any possibility that some other company(TAG??) can take over the duties of getting the DLC that has been created for the xbox over to the PS3?

I admit I have no idea how much extra money is involved in porting it over, nor do I have any idea if the licencing cost more to put it on both systems.

I just think it is a shame that someone does all the work to create the RBN DLC, and it can only be used by 3/5 of the people who d/l DLC.
If it is available for the PS3 as well, it has to mean more revenue, right?

Comments

• DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited February 2013
    wlorcb;4991895 said:
    I know we will see the last of the DLC in April. I also know that the RBN will continue to produce DLC for the xbox.
    I read on the DLC announcement that RBN DLC will no longer be provided for the PS3, as HMX has to have almost as much involvement in RBN DLC for the PS3 as they do for regular DLC.
    I also know this is *probably* mostly Sony's fault.

Is there any possibility that some other company(TAG??) can take over the duties of getting the DLC that has been created for the xbox over to the PS3?

I admit I have no idea how much extra money is involved in porting it over, nor do I have any idea if the licencing cost more to put it on both systems.

I just think it is a shame that someone does all the work to create the RBN DLC, and it can only be used by 3/5 of the people who d/l DLC.
    If it is available for the PS3 as well, it has to mean more revenue, right?

The PS3 "Revenue" you speak of isn't very good anymore...
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited February 2013
    wlorcb;4991895 said:

You see, this is literally impossible to do. Nevermind licensing, nevermind man hours, authoring groups have no experience with working with Sony at all, and I'm pretty sure none of us authors know what all goes down. Not only that, but the RBN framework just would not allow it. We use XNA as a base for our releases. XNA is Xbox exclusive. I'm pretty sure there's more to porting over to PS3 then "Okay, we'll take a few weeks to test these songs and put 'em on!"

What I'm trying to say is you're asking for something that, with the current way the Rock Band Network works, will never be possible for anyone but Harmonix to do.
  • sidman69sidman69 Road Warrior
    edited February 2013
    Barely any people play on ps3 judging by the paltry ps3 dlc numbers
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited February 2013
    And let's not forget that authoring groups are kinda busy themselves already