Creators.Rockband.com not available to Canadians?

MADMac0498MADMac0498 Unsigned
edited March 2013 in The Rock Band Network
Hello everyone,

If this is in the wrong forum, please let me know, but I wanted to ask what's up with the "select your state" area of the security questions. First of all, there are no Canadian provinces on it. Secondly, there's no option for which country you live in, which makes me believe that it is only available in the U.S. If true, it is the biggest load of bull**** I have ever heard. I would like to know if I'm doing something wrong, if there are any loopholes, if I'm screwed, etc. Anyone's word is greatly appreciated.

- MADMac

Comments

• NightmareLyreNightmareLyre Rising Star
    edited March 2013
    Not entirely sure, but if you are planing to start as an author you should try and get a American friend make the account if this is the case. Even if there is a way around, I would recommend having a friend on board, having 2 or more people helps a lot.
  • Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited March 2013
    US only. The legal issues with this are staggering.
  • MADMac0498MADMac0498 Unsigned
    edited March 2013
    NightmareLyre;4994709 said:
    ...If you are planning to start as an author you should try and get an American friend make the account if this is the case.
    Well, I do have a few American friends. I'll see what I can do. Thanks for your input!
  • NightmareLyreNightmareLyre Rising Star
    edited March 2013
    MADMac0498;4994711 said:
    Well, I do have a few American friends. I'll see what I can do. Thanks for your input!

Alright, happy to be of help and be sure to try and find one who would be happy to work along with you if planing to author as mentioned before.
  • MADMac0498MADMac0498 Unsigned
    edited March 2013
    Well, I was able to get an American friend to fill out the necessary information for me, so it's all working now! Huzzah! Thanks for all the feedback everyone!
  • HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
    edited March 2013
    To be clear:

Canadian users cannot legally sign up for creators.rockband.com. This is outlined in the program terms at section 2.1 (http://creators.rockband.com/site/programTerms).

The reason why is because the RBN is legally complex in the extreme. It took months to sort everything out between Microsoft and Harmonix. Attempting to do so in more than one country would have increased the complications exponentially.

The correct way to get around this problem is to partner with an RBN author in the US and submit songs by proxy. The user inside the US uploads the song, receives payment, then forwards payment, etc. to the actual author. Per the program terms, at no point does the non-US resident actually use the site directly.