Why are the wii players neglected?

MamasanMamasan Unsigned
edited March 2013 in Rock Band
I have been a faithful rockband player since the playstation 2 days. I bought all of the equipment and games over again when I switched to the wii. I find it dissapointing that all of the give aways and DLC are for the xbox 360 and PS3. We own 2 360's, but I am not willing to buy all of the content a 3rd time. Please explaing why the wii is neglected. Thank you for your attention.

miskalaylay
mamasan

Comments

• HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
    edited March 2013
    This is off-topic here, so I'm moving it over to the main Rock Band forums.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited March 2013
    Mamasan;4995374 said:
    I find it dissapointing that all of the give aways and DLC are for the xbox 360 and PS3. We own 2 360's, but I am not willing to buy all of the content a 3rd time. Please explaing why the wii is neglected.

Short, very simplified version: Nintendo doesn't allow giveaways.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited March 2013
    Not to mention Nintendo doesn't really allow anything it seems and they are so low tech IMO.
  • fcmleftyfcmlefty Road Warrior
    edited March 2013
    While the wii is one cool way to play video games, it just did not mesh very well with what the Rock Band platform was all about it. Nobody's fault really, it just is what it is. I think HMX did all they could, within thier capabilities, to give wii rock banders the best experience they possibly could within Nintendos guidelines and set up.
  • Mega-TallicaMega-Tallica Washed Up
    edited March 2013
    Nintendo is strict and the Wii is an inferior system technically compared to the 360 and PS3. That's essentially all there is to it.
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    edited March 2013
    Your system doesn't support disk updates, it doesn't have HD capabilities, you have to store everything on sd cards, your account is linked entirely to one system and troublesome to get to another... Need I go on? It kind of made itself obsolete right out of the starting gate.
  • edited March 2013
    LoopyChew;4995378 said:
    Short, very simplified version: Nintendo doesn't allow giveaways.

That's the short, and most applicable, answer. We'd love to do giveaways on the Wii but they don't have content specific codes so we're not able to run similar promotions.

Rather than see this turn into a Wii bashing thread I'm going to close this.
This discussion has been closed.