Issues with Rock Band 2 Kit and Pro Cymbals

DerFritzDerFritz Unsigned
edited March 2013 in Peer To Peer Support Forum
Hello everyone,

Yesterday I got a set of Madcatz cymbals but I'm having some problems to make them work correctly with my Rock Band 2 drum kit:

1) When I connect two cymbals to both the Blue and Green jack plugs of the drum kit, none of the them register the hits.

2) When I connect only one cymbal to the Green or Blue jack plug of the drum kit, it registers the hits but the game counts it as I had hit both the Blue and Green cymbals.

I don't have any problems with the Yellow jack plug, also, I tried plugging the different cymbals to each jack so I know that the cymbals aren't the cause of the problem because they all register the hits perfectly when connected to the Yellow plug.

I think that there's some kind of crosstalk between the Blue and Green plugs, has anyone had this kind of problem before? Any help to fix this would be greatly appreciated!

P.S: Excuse me if my english isn't very good, it's not my native language.

Comments

• AlternityAlternity Road Warrior
    edited March 2013
    It's probably defective, if it's not under warranty you should open it and check the connections.
  • DerFritzDerFritz Unsigned
    edited March 2013
    Alternity;4996177 said:
    It's probably defective, if it's not under warranty you should open it and check the connections.
    Well, I opened the kit and I found this:

I removed the excess solder and everything is working properly now =)
  • AlternityAlternity Road Warrior
    edited March 2013
    DerFritz;4997795 said:
    Well, I opened the kit and I found this:

I removed the excess solder and everything is working properly now =)

Wow lol.
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    edited March 2013
    MadCatz should read Doc's tutorial on soldering 101 for dummies.